Somali mythology

psyche

To each their own
You're the ignoramus. Alhamdulillah our people were guided from darkness to light and you want to bring up the dark past and claim it is a part of our glorious history that we can learn from. Aoothubillah!

"Then is it the judgement of [the time of] ignorance they desire? But who is better than Allah in judgement for a people who are certain [in faith]" (Quran 5:50)

I'm not here to talk about your God buddy I'm here to talk about myths. If you want to argue about why your God is superior to the past God's we can take it to the Islamic section.

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
I'm not here to talk about your God buddy I'm here to talk about myths. If you want to argue about why your God is superior to the past God's we can take it to the Islamic section.
:heh: Islamic section kulahaa! More like the apostate section. In fact that section is so filthy I have to take a shower and pray two voluntary rakaa every time I finish reading posts under it.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Wallahi some people are so ignorant. What’s wrong with preserving previous beliefs/folklore. Who wouldn’t want to know what their ancestors were doing 1000 years ago? That’s identity and culture right there but our ancestors decided to throw that out the window. Practice Islam but don’t act like people back in the day were backward animals.

How robust is Somali folklore/myths?

From what I could remember by asking others and my parents there's not that much to it. Which is unsurprising considering Islam and to a lesser extend other Abrahamic religions tend to do an excellent job of destroying native legends. It also didn't help that Somalis weren't smart enough to write down information. It really is sad that so much history was lost because of this

This guy is a Gaal trying to get information to use on Somalis on twitter

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
How robust is Somali folklore/myths?

From what I could remember by asking others and my parents there's not that much to it. Which is unsurprising considering Islam and to a lesser extend other Abrahamic religions tend to do an excellent job of destroying native legends. It also didn't help that Somalis weren't smart enough to write down information. It really is sad that so much history was lost because of this

Why would u care about pagan mythology? Isn't Islam enuf?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
people have lived in what is now somalia for 1000s of years wouldn't you wanna know about what your ancestor where up to

Not really. I don't want to know my ancestors used to mix herbal potions and produce hermaphrodites looking xaliimos who kick a$$

naaah i rather gloss on the contemporary clean-ness of Islam

We should try to understand how our ancestors lived and never stop the pursue of knowledge, no matter how backward and dumb you think the shit they worshiped was.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
We should try to understand how our ancestors lived and never stop the pursue of knowledge, no matter how backward and dumb you think the shit they worshiped was.

its an embarrassment. U like that aspect because u is agnostic. The reason humanity became pagans is because they worshiped their fore fathers.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
mythology although not based on reality often does gives us glimpses into what and how people where after all much of who you are are based on what your parents thought you and these people thought them

its an embarrassment. U like that aspect because u is not agnostic. The reason humanity became pagans is because they worshiped their fore fathers.

And are we at risk of worshipping our forefathers right now? No. The Greeks know all about their ancestor's pagan religion but they still are Christians.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
And are we at risk of worshipping our forefathers right now? No. The Greeks know all about their ancestor's pagan religion but they still are Christians.

Thats a stretch. The greeks invented adonis gay

Juke

VIP
Wallahi some people are so ignorant. What’s wrong with preserving previous beliefs/folklore. Who wouldn’t want to know what their ancestors were doing 1000 years ago? That’s identity and culture right there but our ancestors decided to throw that out the window. Practice Islam but don’t act like people back in the day were backward animals.

Our ancestors didn't preserve that stuff. They clearly didn't want us to know or care much about it.

People back in the day were backward animals. They were desert savages that drank the blood of their herd.

"if you want argue why you're God is superior the the past gods" nigga this isn't Shark Tank. Nobody's trying to sell anything to you :mjlol:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Our ancestors didn't preserve that stuff. They clearly didn't want us to know or care much about it.

People back in the day were backward animals. They were desert savages that drank the blood of their herd.
The fact that they survived such a harsh climate shows that they were knowledgeable. Ever heard of take the good and leave the bad behind

heres a somali mytholgy for you y'all ready? its called samaale he never existed our ancestor was called nuh and our asal is Babylonian

The fact that they survived such a harsh climate shows that they were knowledgeable. Ever heard of take the good and leave the bad behind
Not really. Survival skills are essential in such a harsh climate but are pretty basic knowledge. Nothing like the Ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, or Arabs.

Last edited: