Somali mythology

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Not really. Survival skills are essential in such a harsh climate but pretty basic knowledge. Nothing like the Ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, or Arabs.
You’re clearly a self hater
1589595870070.gif

Juke

VIP
The fact that they survived such a harsh climate shows that they were knowledgeable.

I don't understand what you mean here? Humans (and life) exists in every type of climate in the world from lush rain forests, to sandy deserts, to low oxygen mountains, to dry arctic tundra, etc. That doesn't make them knowledgeable.

Ever heard of take the good and leave the bad behind

They did just that. That mythology and all that other bullshit wasn't valuable to them. They voluntarily abandoned it.

I don't understand what you mean here? Humans (and life) exists in every type of climate in the world from lush rain forests, to sandy deserts, to low oxygen mountains, to dry arctic tundra, etc. That doesn't make them knowledgeable.

They did just that. That mythology and all that other bullshit wasn't valuable to them. They voluntarily abandoned it.
You see @AishaBarri even they themselves didn't think of it as anything valuable, so how am I a self-hater??

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
So you don’t think that’s knowledge? You have to adapt or die and with that involves years and generations of learning. For example the Khoisan people think anyone else would be able to survive that well in the desert? Don’t be so arrogant to think people in the past were not smart.

Juke

VIP
So you don’t think that’s knowledge? You have to adapt or die and with that involves years and generations of learning. For example the Khoisan people think anyone else would be able to survive that well in the desert? Don’t be so arrogant to think people in the past were not smart.

No, they weren't a knowledgeable civilized people, they were nomadic desert barbarians. There's a reason why Somalis use reer badiyo as an insult (the irony is the reer magalo are still stupid).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You accuse me of self-hate and now him arrogance. We both acknowledge it is knowledge, but there are varying degrees of complexity among knowledge in general. Many people have survived and to this day survive in the desert. Nobody insulted the intelligence of people in those days. Survival skills aren't highly complex, but rather simple skills. Just as @Jimmer said, there's a reason why we of modern civilization (much more advanced and highly knowledgeable) look down on these people as ignorant illiterate backwards barbarians.

You say you must adapt or die but if it took years and generations of learning as you say, how did the people before all that learning took place survive? And to flip the question around wouldn't they have to survive all that time to learn? What about what he said was arrogant exactly? And what about what I said reeks of self-hate?? I don't see anything. To me it just seems like you're overly emotional about this and are in denial, can you tell us one reason why we should agree with you? You've yet to say anything of substance, all you do is cry.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
@AishaBarri you can qashin all you like, but the truth remains. Can you provide me with any advanced knowledge these people have independently come up with?
Isn’t that what this whole thread is about :ayaanswag: In case you forgot what the main point was go and re-read and you’ll know why I can’t provide that type of information.

Isn’t that what this whole thread is about :ayaanswag: In case you forgot what the main point was go and re-read and you’ll know why I can’t provide that type of information.
But then how do you know they had the advanced knowledge you claim? This thread was about mythology, useless fairy tales lost ignorant people make to explain the world around them.

Europeans saving people of african decent u ok nigga
It seems like you don't like Europeans, do you? The irony is they created the civilization you live in most likely. This is also factually correct and well-known dude. Just because you dislike them doesn't mean they didn't.