Somali woman fears racist backlash from Lebanese society for marrying a leb man

im sorry but marrying an arab as a black person is almost never a good idea. they’re families level of racism is comparable to the racism of the KKK
Never ever do it. I lost an aunt to that, but the good thing is we are in contact with her daughter who my mom regularly talks to. I first met her in Somalia in 2013, now she lives in Europe with her Somali husband and kids.

Last edited:
People over exaggerate Arab racism.

The guy is a Lebanese from the West.

She can easily marry him and avoid going to Lebanon and just stay her ass in America.

I don’t think it’s a big deal.

I’d be more worried about the watering down of my Somali genes ect.

Wish her the best, if he’s the best man for her, she should go for it. We live in a globalized world any way.

You reckon arabs are welcoming to black women? Like if a white women marry into Somali community she will go too Somali aroos, somali community activities, somali mosque most her female friend will be Somalis and she’ll be extremly welcomed. I even kno a cadaan scandanavian politician women married to Somali man and all Somalis voted on her only for that, You reckon there’s space for Somali women to be appreciated like this by the arab community?
That’s what I’m saying see one thing I like ab turkish people is they got self respect even tho they’re looked down on a lot or even despised by other ethnic groups.
turks are truely landheere, racism is an hierachy you put yourself in, you’ll see arabs cry about racism they face from turkey never opposite ask yourself why?

anyway my own opinion it makes sense why Somali women with mixed kids want to be accepted by Somali community the state of their new community never claim them. this is lebanon they have black slave maids go check the youtube doc.

reer

VIP

The guy is a Lebanese from the West.

She can easily marry him and avoid going to Lebanon and just stay her ass in America.

I don’t think it’s a big deal.

I’d be more worried about the watering down of my Somali genes ect.

Wish her the best, if he’s the best man for her, she should go for it. We live in a globalized world any way.
cadaan families are easier to deal with than lebanese and palestinians. any somali who knows their extreme racism and still marries from them is taking a massive risk. if you want to risk dealing with arab KKK members its your fault.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
There are many Ethiopian women as well as other African women in Lebanon who work as maids and cleaners. They along with Asian women are perceived to be servants. It will be terrible if she stays in Lebanon for her and the kids. She will have to raise the kids in the States for sure.

You reckon arabs are welcoming to black women? Like if a white women marry into Somali community she will go too Somali aroos, somali community activities, somali mosque most her female friend will be Somalis and she’ll be extremly welcomed. I even kno a cadaan scandanavian politician women married to Somali man and all Somalis voted on her only for that, You reckon there’s space for Somali women to be appreciated like this by the arab community?

turks are truely landheere, racism is an hierachy you put yourself in, you’ll see arabs cry about racism they face from turkey never opposite ask yourself why?

anyway my own opinion it makes sense why Somali women with mixed kids want to be accepted by Somali community the state of their new community never claim them. this is lebanon they have black slave maids go check the youtube doc.
I personally know Somali women that have been married for 3 decades with grandkids who were married to Arab men. Yes I think people over exaggerate. There is no denying some are very racist and some are simply not.

Like I said, it isn’t the end of the world. I’d be worried about the watering down of my genes and how my family will react

The way they treats maids is more than racism. It’s also classism. Filipino and Indians are treated way worse in the Arab world. They also look down on poor Egyptians despite them also being Arab.
it’s incredibly layered

I personally know Somali women that have been married for 3 decades with grandkids who were married to Arab men. Yes I think people over exaggerate. There is no denying some are very racist and some are simply not.

Like I said, it isn’t the end of the world. I’d be worried about the watering down of my genes and how my family will react
People do not over exaggerate what are you on about? The people in the reddit post are even agreeing with her. Bringing a dark skinned women is a big big ceeb too most cultures akin too a somali man bringing home a Madow women.

i think her family if she has any would be ok tbh, they allowed her too go Lebanon alone without a mahram, most somali families do not have the protection nor care ab their daughter like others muslim cultures. Cant imagine an western born arab women going too Somalia alone to work much less likely then going there too tell her family she been dating a man for months.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba

The way they treats maids is more than racism. It’s also classism. Filipino and Indians are treated way worse in the Arab world. They also look down on poor Egyptians despite them also being Arab.
it’s incredibly layered
There is no Arab world, at best there is a strong brotherhood. They all have very different shades of racism.

People do not over exaggerate what are you on about? The people in the reddit post are even agreeing with her. Bringing a dark skinned women is a big big ceeb too most cultures akin too a somali man bringing home a Madow women.

i think her family if she has any would be ok tbh, they allowed her too go Lebanon alone without a mahram, most somali families do not have the protection nor care ab their daughter like others muslim cultures. Cant imagine a western born arab women going too Somalia alone to work much less likely then going there too tell her family she been dating a man for months.
Western Arab women go to Dubai and Qatar ect. They do go to diff places to work but Somalia is a third world country and even I whose lived in multiple countries woudnt go to Somalia without my parents.

You’re comparing apples and oranges.

Somali families have always let their daughters travel which isn’t ideal. I have aunts that worked in Italy in the 80s, but none of them would have been able to marry an ajnabi, that’s a line many wouldn’t be able to cross because of how reviled it was seeen.

As for Arab men hating on darker women, they’re not all the same. I legit know Islaamo married to Khaleeji men they married in the 80s. They’re grandmothers and still married and are living in big villas.

Life isn’t black and white.

I’m a big believer in if you’re going to marry out, marry up. This lady is about to get married in a poor racist country, with 0 protection loooool good luck

Western Arab women go to Dubai and Qatar ect. They do go to diff places to work but Somalia is a third world country and even I whose lived in multiple countries woudnt go to Somalia without my parents.
Western arab women go too filthy rich places like dubai qatar to find love, others go work in refuge camps in poor country like lebanon to find one. Btw lebanon 4k gdp per capita vs djibouti 3,1k gdp per capita do arab western women go djibouti by themself???🤣 walee how low dis group has sunken,
You’re comparing apples and oranges.

Somali families have always let their daughters travel which isn’t ideal. I have aunts that worked in Italy in the 80s, but none of them would have been able to marry an ajnabi, that’s a line many wouldn’t be able to cross because of how reviled it was seeen.
Ye somali culture dont care about their daughters unlike other muslim group who ties their dignity to their daughters/woman folk one of the rsn we got the worst women in the muslim community n we keep seein stores of women in hijab who do crazy stuff bc they were never taught akhlaaq.

this however will be changed with gen Z who all go salafi mosque and the dayyouthnimo in the somali culture will be erased.
As for Arab men hating on darker women, they’re not all the same. I legit know Islaamo married to Khaleeji men they married in the 80s. They’re grandmothers and still married and are living in big villas.
Ye n somali men love j@r@er women, arab men love dark skinned east african women. Kumbaya!

as i said its very telling the girl is not ”worried” about her family but his👍🏿👍🏿 what an cheap commodity some have become.

the more we hear ab this new gen easily accesible group the more disgusted i get.

Last edited:

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
That’s what I’m saying see one thing I like ab turkish people is they got self respect even tho they’re looked down on a lot or even despised by other ethnic groups. I know this guy who constantly talking shit ab turkish people even tho there is barely any Turkish people in Canada like tf make it make sense. U will never see them Arab worshipping even though they’re “Muslim” the secularism prob helps tho but still.

Imma be honest I’m biased towards the Turkish people i got an affinity towards them :cosbyhmm: All the ones I met have been super chill and overly nice to me I love it
eh, there some of the most racist people ever the turks according to what my friends say.

Trending

Latest posts