Somalia is not a country for Muslims but instead Somali Muslims. It’s not for Abu Salah Abu Cubeyda but instead for Jaamac, Calasow, Qowdhan

Somali dhaqan has always been about ‘status’ and ‘reputation’ Somalis have been given a gift which is to desire status, that came back to eat us.

how did this conversation shift from HSM saying Somalia belongs to Somalis to now wether street begging is ethical

I brought up street begging as one of the sources of criminality and also an easy way for foreign spies to hide among Somalis. Someone who is on the streets 24/7 could very well be checking an area to plan for attacks or spy on targets.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I brought up street begging as one of the sources of criminality and also an easy way for foreign spies to hide among Somalis. Someone who is on the streets 24/7 could very well be checking an area to plan for attacks or spy on targets.
Shabaab regularly pay these people. Like the beggars don’t have any ideological ties to Shabaab but for money they’ll do anything.

It’s a major security risk and something the government will have to tackle.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
And who’s fault is that? Our biggest problem that prevents foreign direct investment is terrorism.

PL hasn’t got Shabaab problem but because it’s part of Somalia investors will stay away.
We blaming al shabaab for leaders in not doing their damn job. Its not just the leaders, but also the people. They do not held their leaders accountable. We have qabyaalad, you would think clans would send their best but no.

Shabaab regularly pay these people. Like the beggars don’t have any ideological ties to Shabaab but for money they’ll do anything.

Not just that. IDPs in Puntland get money from the UN, seriously. They get welfare. So again, why the begging, other than being a hustler that is never satisfied.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
We blaming al shabaab for leaders in not doing their damn job. Its not just the leaders, but also the people. They do not held their leaders accountable. We have qabyaalad, you would think clans would send their best but no.
What can a leader do while Shabaab is in Somalia? They don’t even allow aid to get through unless you pay $1,000 tax on every road they control. You can’t extract resources and use that to develop either. You can’t educate. You can’t attract investment. You can’t build government institutions.

Our 1, 2, 3 problem is security. Once that is dealt with the country will explode in development and growth.

And to deal with security we must face the facts we have an extremist wahhabi problem, we have a foreign fighters problem (Shabaab is recruiting a lot from Oromo, Arabs etc), we have a demographic problem (smaller clans join Shabaab).

So Yh back to the original point this is all linked

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Self proclaimed salafis who when it comes to the leader of Saudi never ever condemn or criticize them, because the scholars don't allow it ,but as you can see if it's not the Saudi leader they even takfir them :dead:
Such hypocrites :mjcry: salafis go from ‘don’t takfiir Saudi kings who allow niki minaj concerts and naked beaches’ to ‘I am going to fight for Al Qaeda across muslims countries’.

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
Thats a very fair point. That’s a very common play used both internally by other Somalis just as @bidenkulaha mentioned with the AS reference, and foreign players do that too.

also they use qabiil as proxy wars, even other Somalis did for example the Majeerteen internal beef and Hawiye war. Both of them were proxy wars implemented by other Somalis.

somalis are eachother’s worst enemy. This is why I gave up on Somalia in 2013.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
@El Nino calls it begging, I call it reparations.

The West owes us, they destabilised us when they invaded.
Nobody owes you anything, thats how the world is. Until you can stand on your own feet, acting all mighty huffing and puffing will

Shabaab exist in our midst, we started the damn thing. The group will use every avenue to cause chaos. The beggars will stop when alternative is presented and there is rule of law in our country

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
What can a leader do while Shabaab is in Somalia? They don’t even allow aid to get through unless you pay $1,000 tax on every road they control. You can’t extract resources and use that to develop either. You can’t educate. You can’t attract investment. You can’t build government institutions.

Our 1, 2, 3 problem is security. Once that is dealt with the country will explode in development and growth.

And to deal with security we must face the facts we have an extremist wahhabi problem, we have a foreign fighters problem (Shabaab is recruiting a lot from Oromo, Arabs etc), we have a demographic problem (smaller clans join Shabaab).

So Yh back to the original point this is all linked

Im not denying shabaab uses clan grievances to further its interest. Im denying your claim that shabaab nowadays is made of foreigners and langaabs. Idiotic claim. How can they held land in any of their places without support from local clans.

We definitely need to make every clan to abandon the khwariji group. Problem is, its every clan.

Nobody owes you anything, thats how the world is. Until you can stand on your own feet, acting all mighty huffing and puffing will

Can’t you say that about IDP beggars?

@El Nino

That's the response. The only response really.

boom-bang.gif

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Can’t you say that about IDP beggars?

No. Difference is, they are my people. Nobody will help them to prosper except their brothers and sisters. Other groups of people on earth have no obligation to help somalis.

Reality on the ground is unfortunately somalis themselves are divided. They fight for scraps thrown to them by foreigners who smile when they see our self-destruction. Or they each other. Until we change our society and ways, we will lag behind others.

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Tbh who wants to come to our country though, aside from Oromos. What's the point of saying something like that as if there's some mass migration of Muslims from other countries. :mindblown:
These autists complain about migrant abuse in Arab and European countries yet would gladly do the same thing if given the position. The hypocrisy on this site is hilarious

Who is this people kidding. These same folks forgeting atrocities they commit or wish to commit on other somalis and this site is evident of it . The likes @bidenkulaha have defended Daahir Aways in the past because of qabyaalad. Some folks think they will run away from reality by playing the game and going in circles.

Last edited:

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
No. Difference is, they are my people. Nobody will help them to prosper except their brothers and sisters. Other groups of people on earth have no obligation to help somalis.

Reality on the ground is unfortunately somalis themselves are divided. They fight for scraps thrown to them by foreigners who smile when they see our self-destruction. Or they each other. Until we change our society and ways, we will lag behind others.
Your heart is in the right place walaal.

I just wish the government would provide more for its people, then the people providing more for its people. If you get my drift.

and as for your last claim, Somalis have been lagging for a long time. Just how corporations say “since 1976” we’ve been lagging behind since “the 21st century”

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Your heart is in the right place walaal.

I just wish the government would provide more for its people, then the people providing more for its people. If you get my drift.

and as for your last claim, Somalis have been lagging for a long time. Just how corporations say “since 1976” we’ve been lagging behind since “the 21st century”

Somalis only get along when there in another country. In Minnesota for example, Somalis would help a fellow Somali in a heart beat, while in Somalia they’ll respond with “Maxaa tahay Horta”

Indeed, what you said is true. Until somalis stop idiotic and fruitless qabyaalad, nothing will change. The truth is so simple. Until merit is respected, nothing will change.

Trending