Somalian's are not black. They're a different breed cuz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!! Get angry screeam shout. cry in the shoulders of your friend @bored. Go rant on twitter.

Why do many have jileec hair? :drakewtf: wait.. how is this an argument? Somalis are varied people each familiy have people with different texture. and we distinctively look soomaali.

aren't somalis extremely homogenous though? perhaps just natural variation in somali population

A

Atiya

Where does this Madow hair come from then? Obviously from some ancestor who had the negroid gene.

aren't somalis extremely homogenous though? perhaps just natural variation in somali population

Thats because we come from hot desert dry climate why we variate between different hair textures. Even cadaan people variate from curls too straights. Reason why two afro textured parents can give birth to a kid with straight hair. Somalis are accepting of our diverse look. hence why we have a culture of nicknaming people based on physical features, from hair skin,body structure , face whatever you name it.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I am black.

But I can understand if some somalis don't see themselves as black, it's just a political terminology for me and a totally meaningless term. I identify with it mainly cuz I dont fux with cadaans and their bs. There is a power to unity and all that. But I think I'm in the minority here. Honestly I don't feel a kinship towards 'black people' nor do I share a culture.

And lol @ somalis being part Madow because a few have Madow hair. Most have curly hair, even when we have Madow hair it's still ain't the same level as even Ethiopians.

Too many shortsighted monkeys in this

They are very insecure and inferiority ridden as well. Notice how they bring up hair texture,. Who cares be proud of it. Fucking insecure es They are trying to desperatley link this foreign American/western exonym ''blackness'' with somaliness, in absoulute failure
Somali identity have nothing do with a color. A color does not define a human being , making am abstract color ur identity is dehumanization it in its finest. Who in the right mind would want to confine themselves with a name that only reflects their skin color?

My skin does not wear me... i wear my skin.

regardless of whether we view ourselves as black or not, were considered black by everyone and so even if i dont like that classification, we just have to deal with it because it is society's overwhelming view. obviously, i prefer to be called somali

I am Somali

But I can understand if some somalis don't see themselves as black, it's just a political terminology for me and a totally meaningless term. I identify with it mainly cuz I dont fux with cadaans and their bs. There is a power to unity and all that. But I think I'm in the minority here. Honestly I don't feel a kinship towards 'black people' nor do I share a culture.
Very true

Black is a construction, which articulates a recent social-political reality of African Americans.
Black is not a racial family, an ethnic group or a super-ethnic group. Political blackness is thus not an identity but moreover a social-political consequence of a world which after colonialism and slavery existed in those color terms.

This btw have nothing to do with somaliness , somali history or identity and never has.
it has zero constituency with the somali reality

Black and Somali are not interchangeable in any logical sense and will not ever be.

And lol @ somalis being part Madow because a few have Madow hair. Most have curly hair, even when we have Madow hair it's still ain't the same level as even Ethiopians.

I don't see the beef Some somalis have with the Term ''Madow'' Somalis who have small eyes and they are called ''Indho Yar'' but we only use it in generalized manner when we speak of Asians cuz unlike us they 100% slanted eyes. We call Negroes ''Madow'' in generality because 100% them have it unlike us. we call asian cadaans ''Timo Jileec'' in generality. i see no beef only when one feature is mentioned

Like i said these girls prove how insecure they are when they bring up hair texture.

Hafez

VIP
I am black.

Shut up you're not black, you're Dir. :xgoltwn:

regardless of whether we view ourselves as black or not, were considered black by everyone and so even if i dont like that classification, we just have to deal with it because it is society's overwhelming view. obviously, i prefer to be called somali
Lets not kid ourselves people dont view us as black , not in africa,europe, asia anywhere. They see us as distinctly soomaalis. They are even changing the census in the united states to change us from black and they have long ago done that that in britain.

Even if that was true foreigners do not define us , we self define ourselves. Where is your self determination. to define who you are by your own means? if some ajanabi come and alter your identity just like that then you are nothing but a slave with no sense of self.

''Black'' is undoubtedly linked to linguistic warfare to remove people's ability to refrence themselves and for people to describe their own unique social reality! Black tells you how you look without telling you who you are. A more proper word for us is ''Soomaali'' as it related to our land, history & culture and not a meaningless empty color!

S

SOMACOON

Agreed. Those two men couldn't have said it any better. My genetics are not Negroid. I'm a Cushite. An African yes, a Bantu no.
People must understand being black is associated with skin color, if that's the case, I'm black.
But in terms of genetics, my genes are not Bantu, neither are they Nubian.
I share nothing with these silverback gorillas. We don't share history, language, religion, nor do we share a common genotype or phenotype. They're not one of us, don't sleep with one.
I'd rather my daughter inherit my Cushitic genes than have her buy weaves and Indian hair.
Although, what I'm curious about is, how most of you claim to be university students, yet cannot comprehend basic genetic make ups?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Lets not kid ourselves people dont view us as black , not in africa,europe, asia anywhere. They see us as distinctly soomaalis. They are even changing the census in the united states to change us from black and they have long ago done that that in britain.

Even if that was true foreigners do not define us , we self define ourselves. Where is your self determination. to define who you are by your own means? if some ajanabi come and alter your identity just like that then you are nothing but a slave with no sense of self.

''Black'' is undoubtedly linked to linguistic warfare to remove people's ability to refrence themselves and for people to describe their own unique social reality! Black tells you how you look without telling you who you are. A more proper word for us is ''Soomaali'' as it related to our land, history & culture and not a meaningless empty color!

You're right. And @miski is right.

As long as people understand that "black" is a useless term and is only used for linguistic and political purposes for negros in the new world (unfortunately they don't know their origins), then that's fine. Though these SJWs are incapable of nuances.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
.I have to admit though. Sometimes being classified as "black" is useful as @Duchess can testify to. In this current climate of anti Muslim sentiments it is useful not to "look" or "sound" Muslim. I don't have a Muslim name and i don't look Arab or Paki. Thank Allah for that.

S

SOMACOON

.I have to admit though. Sometimes being classified as "black" is useful as @Duchess can testify to. In this current climate of anti Muslim sentiments it is useful not to "look" or "sound" Muslim. I don't have a Muslim name and i don't look Arab or Paki. Thank Allah for that.

LMAO
Walahi I was thinking the same shit. Imagine an Islamic holocaust erupting out here in the West.
If you're associated with the color, "brown" that of a Paki, Arab or Indian, you would automatically be taken to a concentration camp.
It honestly wouldn't matter if one were Hindu or Sikh, they would perhaps be rounded simply because they're aligned.
Anyone who hasn't met a Somali would automatically consider you black, thats an advantage when using the race card.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending