Somalian's are not black. They're a different breed cuz

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the United States the definition of black is extremely broad because of the one-drop rule history. This culture has now seeped into the rest of the Western world through American media and Hollywood. So it does not surprise me that many people call Somalis black in this context.

Let's not lie to ourselves not many call us black in any context.

Moreover it really won't matter when the next census is released. We will have our own racial category in the US

What? How so. The US census bureau doesn't care about Horn Africans, they are a miniscule irrelevant minority.

Who is talking about horn of africans? I was talking about Somalis getting their own category in the census. They got one in Britain safe bet they will get one in the US.

Now the United States Census Bureau is testing a new category, “Middle East-North Africa” or MENA, in response to more than three decades of lobbying by Arab American organizations for a designation that better represents them. The testing, to start in September, will refine wording and sub-categories for the 2020 census. Nineteen options will be offered under the MENA designation, among them Israeli and Palestinian, as well as Egyptian, Syrian, Lebanese, Turkish, Iranian, Moroccan and Algerian. Even Sudanese and Somali are being considered.
Read more: http://forward.com/news/breaking-ne...controversial-israeli-category/#ixzz3syDqzyv3

Jews and Arabs don't even want to be called white. Nobody wants to be referred to as a color @Lily and @bilan M

“Most Arabs don’t consider themselves white,” said Samer Khalaf, national president of The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, which has long lobbied for a more accurate label than “white.”

See even Arabs and Jews reject color based labels, since it's incredibly dehumanizing to be referred to as a color. People are humans with culture,history,and homeland not a blank abstract color.

Only Self loathing fucks name themselves after a color.

Apollo

VIP
@Geeljire

You misread the article. They are considering placing Somalis under this proposed Middle East category. Somalis are not getting their own racial category. This is even worse than the current situation.

The UK only has the following racial groups on the census: White, Mixed, Asian, Black, Other. There is no category for Somalis.

The British police uses the following classification system:
IC1 White - North European
IC2 White - South European
IC3 Black
IC4 South Asian (Indian subcontinent)
IC5 Oriental, Chinese, Japanese, or other South East Asian
IC6 Arabic or North African
IC9 Unknown

Last edited:

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<
@Geeljire Stop tagging me in your posts. I don't like having discussions that has no direction. You can't change my mind, nor can I change yours. Hop in my in my pm if you want to have silly argument tho... We can argue about the existence of mirrors or the shape of fork >,,< wink wink...

@Geeljire

You misread the article. They are considering placing Somalis under this proposed Middle East category. Somalis are not getting their own racial category.

Somalis are being considered for Mena, this is after them lobying for their own category. Wether they will be included in Mena or Get their own category. We will see in the next census change 2020, Mena Category is only what the burea is testing out.

And the UK only has the following groups on the census: White, Mixed, Asian, Black, Other. There is no category for Somalis.

In the UK they have the following. "Somali" v "Black other" v "Black African." This why bunch of African and Jamaican brits are on twitter complaining about this.

Inshallah soon worldwide somalis will have their own distinct classyfication and identity.

Last edited:
@Geeljire Stop tagging me in your posts. I don't like having discussions that has no direction. You can't change my mind, nor can I change yours. Hop in my in my pm if you want to have silly argument tho... We can argue about the existence of mirrors or the shape of fork >,,< wink wink...

:lolbron:

Status
Not open for further replies.