Somalis are not victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like the somaliland region would have lost its autonomy if any thing we would be operating as If we are our own state but with the countries investments actually coming our way aswell as representation in the government. Somaliand would have been way bigger then it is if we just drop this crap about wanting to split off.
Can't unite with people that praises your killers.

Isnโ€™t the vast swaths of fertile soil controlled by A! Sh@b@@b and isnโ€™t the land up north too desolate for crops to grow? My understanding was there was no oversight and the pastoralists kept overgrazing until it has damaged layers of the soil. The soil canโ€™t absorb the rainfall.

Thatโ€™s why I get triggered when I see diaspora go back home to open more restaurants or hotels (that the locals canโ€™t even afford) instead of environmentally engineering the land. Iโ€™ve seen some go back for farming but itโ€™s far and few in between.
Besides land currently occupied by Al Sh@baab, and I do not have the specifics geographically, vast bastions of fertile farm land in Shabeelada & Jubooyinka (I am least familiar with these regions) have been snatched by unknown entities through local agents with the entire country being mapped. The said agents constantly trod, and travel through the country by acreage, and further documenting families dwelling on the lands. It is rather scary when heard from horse's mouth.

PLEASE PLEASE please for the sake of my own sanity can yall drop this pathetic victimhood? One thing growing up I always felt incredibly proud of for being somali was that our people never stood low by victimising themselves, I always appreciated and especially admired how prideful somalis were by nature and how we never feared anyone or put others above ourselves regardless of our circumstances (expect for cana arab abeeds ) however this sadly doesn't seem the case anymore, these past view years I've seen numerous of videos, threads and posts of somalis constantly b*tching and crying about how certain demographics apparently don't like us and spread hate or "xenophobic comments"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Like do yall ever acknowledge the amount of prejudice and provoked hateful comments cadaans and Jews constantly on a daily-basis get ? No because they don't even acknowledge it themselves, they just keep it moving and spending their time uplifting their community financially and socially SOMETHING WE SHOULD BE DOING. Instead of getting triggered by sub-humans who are clearly envious of you, be the bigger person turn your back and priorities the need for yourself and your community to prosper. Somalis especially the younger generation have SO MUCH potential and as the saying goes success is the best revenge. Now stop posting these dead threads.
I kinda agree but if affects the psyche of the young which shouldn't be overlooked as they will become adults who will be affected and socially maladjusted, yes comments from losers shouldn't affect you, but they probably will and thats ok fight back, and you write the narrative instead of being inches online or nonchalant about it.

I kinda agree but if affects the psyche of the young which shouldn't be overlooked as they will become adults who will be affected and socially maladjusted, yes comments from losers shouldn't affect you, but they probably will and thats ok fight back, and you write the narrative instead of being inches online or nonchalant about it.
Still we should rather succeed and improve our imagine instead of pointlessly going back and forth fighting online. That's why I said its important for us to have good role-models or successful somalis to represent the community not only will that inspire the somali youth and make them proud of their hertiage it will also positively improve how society views. It would be nice if we had successful people in media like talented actors or footballers not youtubers or Instagram influencers.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Still we should rather succeed and improve our imagine instead of pointlessly going back and forth fighting online. That's why I said its important for us to have good role-models or successful somalis to represent the community not only will that inspire the somali youth and make them proud of their hertiage it will also positively improve how society views.

Say what you want about Somalis, I like that theyโ€™re followers. If they see one Somali do something the rest will follow suit.

Thatโ€™s why I believe it is important for the secular folks to be brazenly open about their lives. Besides the fact idc about what the community thinks about me, I feel no shame about sharing my life candidly because I know someone else will feel seen and relate.

You have to remember for the last three decades, the Salafis had a monopoly on our community. People were scared to be their authentic selves. Their time is about to end.

Say what you want about Somalis I like that theyโ€™re followers. If they see one Somali do something the rest will follow suit.

Thatโ€™s why I believe it is important for the secular folks to be brazenly open about their lives. Besides the fact idc about what the community thinks about me, I feel no shame about sharing my life candidly because I know someone else will feel seen and relate.

You have to remember for the last three decades, the Salafis had a monopoly on our community. Their time is about to end.
To be fair with the rise of social media their time has been ending, even in Somalia/Somaliland sheikhs are constantly shitting in their panst about how the youth back are becoming more "westernised" due to tiktok/Instagram/youtube. It almost seems like the youth back home are realising how good we the diaspora have it here and trying to replicate our life-styles in to theirs.

Them old fucks can cry me a river they're the reason our country is such a shit-hole, it might sounds a bit optimistic but since most of the people in Somalia are younger than 30 I genuinely think this generation might be the one to break this failed state curse and do a 180ยฐ .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending