Some Thoughts on Dark Skin & Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
The only one in denial is you. You're constantly using a straw man argument and going in circles
What's the straw man?

If the question is, "Are Somalis colorist?"

The simple answer is YES.

If they're in denial and keep shifting the goalpost bc "we iznt like x,y,z", then plain truth has no such agenda:manny:

What's the straw man?

If they're in denial and keep shifting the goalpost bc "we iznt like x,y,z", then plain truth has no such agenda:manny:
The answer is not always black and white is there colorism yes and no, I'm not gonna repeat my argument again

What's the straw man?

Then how?
image.jpeg

Use this definition and not your own.

VixR

Veritas
The answer is not always black and white is there colorism yes and no, I'm not gonna repeat my argument again
So you agree there is colorism but are 'conflicted', eh? :icon lol:

Your statement negates itself - something cannot be and not be at the same time, it either is or it isn't to whatever degree - just like @jugjugwacwac negates his own argument by claiming that we're featurist not colorist, when tone itself is a feature, and the lighter it is the more favorable. Then goes on to admit the reverence and favortism light skin tone entails among Somalis, but then stipulates that it isn't colorism bc how do dark people gain prominence, in the same vein of @Prince of Hobyo saying, "but we have dark and light siblings among us, and the Hawiye president was dark and how did he get his post being so dark" as if any of that is an argument against its reality :bell:

What's happening is, institutionalization is being made a condition of colorism. They are alifing their own definitions :mjlol:

As if the "prejudice and discrimination" within the definition = institutionalization

Your statement negates itself - something cannot be and not be at the same time, it either is or it isn't to whatever degree - just like @jugjugwacwac negates his own argument by claiming that we're featurist not colorist, when tone itself is a feature, and the lighter it is the more favorable. Then goes on to admit the reverence and favortism light skin tone entails, but then goes to state that it isn't colorism bc how do dark people gain prominence, in the same vein of @Prince of Hobyo saying, "but we have dark and light siblings among us, and the Hawiye president was dark and how did he get his post being so dark" as if any of that is an argument against its reality :bell:

What's happening is, institutionalization is being made a condition of colorism. They are alifing their own definitions :mjlol:
Apparently you didn't read what I wrote the first time read it first then argue with me if you wish

Your statement negates itself - something cannot be and not be at the same time, it either is or it isn't to whatever degree - just like @jugjugwacwac negates his own argument by claiming that we're featurist not colorist, when tone itself is a feature, and the lighter it is the more favorable. Then goes on to admit the reverence and favortism light skin tone entails among Somalis, but then stipulates that it isn't colorism bc how do dark people gain prominence, in the same vein of @Prince of Hobyo saying, "but we have dark and light siblings among us, and the Hawiye president was dark and how did he get his post being so dark" as if any of that is an argument against its reality :bell:

As in prejudice and discrimination within the definition = institutionalization

I'm sorry but you're really fucking stupid.

Subjective preference = subjective preference
Discrimination against darker skin tones = colourism

Some guy finding someone who happens to be lighter more attractive than someone else isn't colourism. Just like how the opposite isn't colourism either or "reverse-colourism"

View attachment 14319

Legit you have to have some sort of mental block.
but then stipulates that it isn't colorism bc how do dark people gain prominence, in the same vein of @Prince of Hobyo saying, "but we have dark and light siblings among us, and the Hawiye president was dark and how did he get his post being so dark" as if any of that is an argument against its reality :bell:
I'm getting a brain aneurysm reading this:farole:

You're literally the one twisting the definition. And you say Somalis have prejudice against dark skinned Somalis like how the f*ck did you come to that? Prejudice is based on preconceived notions of people you have not interacted with. It's straight up impossible for a Somali not to have interacted with a dark skinned one, and then there is no preconceived notion associated with dark skin. There is literally none in Somali culture. Only a nonSomali or a sheltered one (you) can arrive at such a conclusion.

You need to get some dhaqan celis or to shut up when it comes to Somalis. You're less knowledgeable about Somalis than the next foreigner. Literally you learnt most from this forum, and then again you took trolling and online behaviour as a representative of Somalis. It's embarrassing wallahi.

Do you not have Somali parents? Fucking ask them instead of guessing about things and projecting other cultures onto ours.

@VixR
There's no point in explaining anything to them.
They're purposefully acting as if there is no such thing as colorism in the Somali community.
And we've never discriminated Somalis based on skin color.

I don't have time for stupid people.
Everyone's catching this block button today.

This is true.

I've spoken for preference on here so I do give credence to personal preference, but to slather Somali views on color or skin tone as individual personal preferences and not a group sum situation, and to claim there no colorism in Somali community would be a big, FAT lie. Colorism is rife in the Somali psyche. I think those best understanding of it are those of us who are light, and by light I mean light, and darker than brown Somalis, the actual dark Somalis, not the brown skin, medium tones.

Either you've stepped up your troll game significantly, or you make hypocrites look like principles and consistent people. :mjlol:

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't you who argued if an entire group of women (Asian was the example) find only white skin, colored eyes, and blonde hair as attractive, there is nothing wrong with that and it is nothing more than personal preference? But when a man of any tone prefers the look of women who resemble his own womenfolk that happened to be light skin, all hell breaks loose and he's a colorist, racist, and white supremacists? :dead:

What about other features of men that women, regardless of their culture, find attractive and is a general preference like a full head of hair or broad shoulders? Are they hairists and shoulderists? :siilaanyosmile:

The truth is, diasporan Somalispot may be effected by western standards and may subscribe to aspects of "colorism", and you are taking these experiences and projecting it on Somalis back home despite mounting evidence to the contrary. Classic VixR right there.

@VixR

They're purposefully acting as if there is no such thing as colorism in the Somali community.
When?
image.jpeg

Is this definition (aka the only true one) and not your own.

This is the third of fourth time posting this exact post and yet no replies. Make you wonder.

And no trivial and subjective/anecdotal experiences don't count.

VixR

Veritas
I'm sorry but you're really fucking stupid.

Subjective preference = subjective preference
Discrimination against darker skin tones = colourism

Some guy finding someone who happens to be lighter more attractive than someone else isn't colourism.

View attachment 14319

Legit you have to have some sort of mental block.
I'm getting a brain aneurysm reading this.

You're literally the one twisting the definition. And you say Somalis have prejudice against dark skinned Somalis like how the f*ck did you come to that? Prejudice is based on preconceived notions of people you have not interacted with. It's straight up impossible for a Somali not to have interacted with a dark skinned one, and then there is no preconceived notion associated with dark skin. There is literally none in Somali culture. Only a nonSomali or a sheltered one (you) can arrive at such a conclusion.

You need to get some dhaqan celis or to shut up when it comes to Somalis. You're less knowledgeable about Somalis than the next foreigner. Literally you learnt most from this forum, and then again you took trolling and online behaviour as a representative of Somalis. It's embarrassing wallahi.

Do you not have Somali parents? Fucking ask them instead of guessing about things and projecting other cultures onto ours.
You can feel offended and physically suffer from reading-induced aneurysms all you want, but your incensed offense doesn't change a damn thing:mjlol:

Somalis are colorist. Period.

I don't have to ask my parents. I'm not blind, deaf, and dumb. I can see the differences and I know there's culture-wide favortism for light skin against "duxuls". Not only that, but ironically, they will attribute that lightness to otherness, telling you you're looking like something else.

Mashallah, you look Arab/Hindi is a common af comment. I can hear it before it comes.

You don't have to like it.

But unlike you, the truth has no agenda.

If men are discriminating by having preferences that change from man to man then why can't we paint women with the same brush for discriminating against height?:hmm: Height and skin tone are after all just "features":hemad:

You can feel offended and physically suffer from reading-induced aneurysms all you want, but your incensed offense doesn't change a damn thing:mjlol:

Somalis are colorist. Period.

I don't have to ask my parents. I'm not blind, deaf, and dumb. I can see the differences and I know there's culture-wide favortism for light skin against "duxuls". Not only that, but ironically, they will attribute that lightness to otherness, telling you you're looking like something else.

Mashallah, you look Arab/Hindi is a common af comment. I can hear it before it comes.

You don't have to like it.

But unlike you, the truth has no agenda.
Colourism is discrimination against darker skin tones. Some people preferring one skin tone over another isn't colourism or discrimination. You're equating to different things.

And there is no culture-wide preference for one skin tone over another. Social standing, qabiil, wealth, intelligence and looks etc are all more important than skin tone and independent off skin tone. In actual societies with colourism those things are dependent on skin tone. That's the difference.

When did "you look arab/hindi" become common as f*ck? And when did that become become a symptom of colourism? If it was a symptom of colourism we would see Arab and Hindi looking Somalis being the ruling class. And I've never heard anybody say "mashaallah you look Cadcad" even if theyre the same skin tone as Arabs or Hindis :ayaanswag:

You're projecting other cultures onto ours. Stop it.

And what agenda do I have? :drakewtf:

VixR

Veritas
@VixR
There's no point in explaining anything to them.

I don't have time for stupid people.
Everyone's catching this block button today.
I really do think it affects men and especially women on a conscious or subconscious level, bc Somalis are more vocal in their ceey and make it a centerfold in their interactions. What's the value of pretending it's not there?

Didn't that girl that shat on Somali guys on her blog (who has attractive Somali features but is DARK) get photoshopped onto a gorilla?:mjlol:

Would that have happened to a VimtoMami light girl?

Who are they trying to kid? :drakelaugh:

:sass2:

Unfortunately, thanks to Arabian under the guise of Islam and being bombarded with Indian/Arab/Turkish dramas and movies for decades, this is the result.

If.you look at pictures of Somalis from as recently as the late eighties/early nineties, you'll find brown to dark brown people happy and comfortable in their own skin. My family used to praise the Somali colour "maariin" which was a reddish-brown. Now, thanks to contouring, Diana bleach and skin lightener creams, we have girls looking like ugly ghoulish creatures auditioning for a role Ina Michael Jackson biopic or something. It's really sad.

First thing i would do is get rid of these bootleg Hindi/Arab movies and dramas being flooded onto Somali TV. I would also use Somali models for billboards and adverts.

:chrisfreshhah::dead: Here's @VixR arguing for preference in a thread about "Self hating black women who have betrayed black people" where she defends black women who find foreign men more attractive
You guys are trying to stretch this "self-hate" mantra to far-fetched ends.

There's nothing self-hating or wrong with finding other ethnicities or races attractive, or even in finding them more attractive than your own. It's preference.
We all have subjective tastes and preferences when it comes to beauty and attractiveness.

:deadosama:How does this even operate :deadmanny:

I don't understand what the conspiracy is lol. Depending on your subjective view of what u consider attractive, u might find yourself attracted to or having "a thing for" a certain phenotype. It's not that complicated.

It's not something to be taken personally, and certainly not an indication of "self-hate".
So black women having preferences for other skin tones is perfectly normal and fine but with Somali men it's a culture wide problem and discrimination :cosbyhmm::deadosama:

I really do think it affects men and especially women on a conscious or subconscious level, bc Somalis are more vocal in their ceey and make it a centerfold in their interactions. What's the value of pretending it's not there?

Didn't that girl that shat on Somali guys on her blog (who has attractive Somali features but is DARK) get photoshopped onto a gorilla?:mjlol:

Would that have happened to a VimtoMami light girl?

Who are they trying to kid? :drakelaugh:

Exactly sis.
:yousmart:

It's so obvious it's blatantly in front us.

But they really want to claim we're not a colorist society.
:what1:

My block list is a mile long now.

VixR

Veritas
:chrisfreshhah::dead: Here's @VixR arguing for preference in a thread about "Self hating black women who have betrayed black people" where she defends black women who find foreign men more attractive

:deadosama:How does this even operate :deadmanny:

So black women having preferences for other skin tones is perfectly normal and fine but with Somali men it's a culture wide problem and discrimination :cosbyhmm::deadosama:
Nah. FAIL. I'm NOT anti-preference.

A point you @Jubba_Man fail to comprehend in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending