Some Thoughts on Dark Skin & Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
So you (group) think holding culture-wide colorism as the reality it is and believing in the concept of people having preferences are at odds? :cosbyhmm:

Think again.

Nah. FAIL. I'm NOT anti-preference.

A point you @Jubba_Man fail to comprehend in this context.
Nayaa your whole arguement has been that preference for lighter skin is colourism and discrimination. Now you're supporting it:childplease:

Make up your mind :camby:
Bottom line though, everyone has preferences ranging from skin tones, features, ethnicities, races. The question is, why do we need to know 'em? Who gives a shit?
I don't believe that at all, that ppl who find they have a preference one way or the other are self-haters. Ppl definitely have skin tone preferences, often for their own, sometimes for others.
:damedamn:

VixR

Veritas
Nayaa your whole arguement has been that preference for lighter skin is colourism and discrimination. Now you're supporting it:childplease:

Make up your mind :camby:

:damedamn:
You're confused. Either that, or you're dumb. There is no conflict.

Denying we have a culture-wide favoritism for light skin that transcends the individual is a plain lie on your part. I'm not arguing individual preferences with you, warya.

Blanket statement: Somali men don't care about skin tone.

Big FAT Lie.

Maybe you don't.

Its not a lie or a blanket statement. If Somali men really put that much importance on skin tone. Then why aren't they bleaching themselves? Why don't this soo called lightskin beauty perception exist for men? Why does it only exist for women?

In other cultures beauty perception about skin tone exist for both genders and are upheld by both. Don't you think it is odd, that is not the case for Somalis?

You know why? its because it is the women themselves are the one's who propagate it and obsess about skin tone after watching dumb Hindi movies that advertise ''Fair and lovely'' .

Thats why i have never met an adeer who has commented on my skin color, but i have met several eedo's who have.

:chrisfreshhah::dead: Here's @VixR arguing for preference in a thread about "Self hating black women who have betrayed black people" where she defends black women who find foreign men more attractive

:deadosama:How does this even operate :deadmanny:

So black women having preferences for other skin tones is perfectly normal and fine but with Somali men it's a culture wide problem and discrimination :cosbyhmm::deadosama:

:dead::dead::dead:

Bruh, what you don't understand about xalimos and women in general like her and the others in this thread is that men, especially us ashy Andis, shouldn't have any standards or preferences. How dare we have any. Forget about the fact they have a laundry list of requirements in men, many of which may or may not be influenced by western beauty standards. But if we have preference for fit women, we are fat shaming pigs. If we have preference for a particular skin tone in women of our race, we are colorists. :drakekidding:

VixR

Veritas
Its not a lie or a blanket statement. If Somali men really put that much importance on skin tone. Then why aren't they bleaching themselves? Why don't this soo called lightskin beauty perception exist for men? Why does it only exist for women?

In other cultures beauty perception about skin tone exist for both genders and are upheld by both. Don't you think it is odd, that is not the case for Somalis?

You know why? its because it is the women themselves are the one's who propagate it and obsess about skin tone after watching dumb Hindi movies that advertise ''Fair and lovely'' .

Thats why i have never met an adeer who has commented on my skin color, but i have met several eedo's who have.
You have to be the biggest denialist on this forum yet wallahi.

It's a huge blanket statement lie to state that Somali men don't care about skin tone. They care about it and in the context of beauty, they definitely revere lighter skinned women, generally speaking. Women who bleach are catering to these ideals. Supply and demand. It's really different in Somali culture, in the sense that men are also praised for their lightness if they are light. A lightskin beauty ideal exists for them, but it isn't centerfold unless he's dark af. My brother being light af, has gotten positive comments about his coloring just as I have. A man with too dark a tone may have a time of it, but in most cases it will be nothing like what his dark female counterparts experience, and the brown-skinned male will experience mostly nothing, being the mean between the two.

It's a huge blanket statement lie to state that Somali men don't care about skin tone. They care about it and in the context of beauty, they definitely revere lighter skinned women, generally speaking. It's really different in Somali culture, in the sense that men are also praised for their lightness if they are light. A lightskin beauty ideal exists for them, but it isn't centerfold unless he's dark af. My brother being light af, has gotten positive comments about his coloring just as I have.

I am not a big denialist, not denying some men might have a beauty preference of lightskins. But saying ''Somali'' men do is a gross generalization. You are making blanket statement yourself.

If Somali men are held to the same beauty standards why aren't they bleaching themselves? . You know like how men do in India, South America and different parts of the world. Why don't the men praise each other's skin color? and put value on that?

You are forgetting the fact its mostly the women who praise and obsess about Skin color of men as well as make remarks about the skin color of other women and propagate this beauty ideal.

It goes to show men don't put that much importance on skin tone, but women do.

A man with too dark a tone may have a time of it, but it will be nothing like what his dark female counterparts experiences, and the brown-skinned male will experience nothing.

Time of what? What struggles? have you seen wedding photos in Somalia. The groom is dark and the bride look like a ghost. Women put this shit upon themselves, not men.

It's a huge blanket statement lie to state that Somali men don't care about skin tone. They care about it and in the context of beauty, they definitely revere lighter skinned women, generally speaking. Women who bleach are catering to these ideals. Supply and demand. It's really different in Somali culture, in the sense that men are also praised for their lightness if they are light. A lightskin beauty ideal exists for them, but it isn't centerfold unless he's dark af. My brother being light af, has gotten positive comments about his coloring just as I have. A man with too dark a tone may have a time of it, but in most cases it will be nothing like what his dark female counterparts experience, and the brown-skinned male will experience mostly nothing, being the mean between the two.
So you know Somali men more than they know themselves OK..... OK

VixR

Veritas
I am not a big denialist, some men might have a beauty preference of lightskins. But saying ''Somali'' men do is a gross generalization. You are making blanket statement yourself.

If Somali men are held to the same beauty standards why aren't they bleaching themselves? . You know like how men do in India, South America and different parts of the world. Why don't the men praise each other's skin color?

You are forgetting the fact its mostly the women who praise and obsess about Skin color of men as well as make remarks about the skin color of other women and propagate this beauty ideal.

Time of what? What struggles? have you seen wedding photos in Somalia. The men are dark and the bride look like a ghost. Women put this shit upon themselves, not men.
Very funny.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why the man is with a ridiculous-looking, sometimes mismatched in color and further powedered "ghost" :sass2:

I can categorically state that most Somali men out here literally light up at lightskinned girls wallahi tallahi.

I'm sorry, praising wiil cad that's cano (milk:mjlol:) and dheer (tall) isn't the domain of elderly women as you'd so love to paint. A man will use similar words to describe the same. It isn't viewed as a gay thing to say things like that as in Western culture.

We aren't living in a vacuum, or "putting it on ourselves" There's suppy and demand, and both men and women view lightskin as a postive and favored beauty feature, the only difference lies in emphasis, which is based on the sex of the individual, though positive all around.

Very funny.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why the man is with a ridiculous-looking, sometimes mismatched in color and further powedered "ghost" :sass2:

I can categorically state that most Somali men out here literally light up at lightskinned girls wallahi tallahi.

I'm sorry, praising wiil cad that's cano (milk:mjlol:) and dheer (tall) isn't the domain of elderly women as you'd so love to paint. A man will use similar words to describe the same. It isn't viewed as a gay thing to say things like that as in Western culture.

We aren't living in a vacuum, or "putting it on ourselves" There's suppy and demand, and both men and women view lightskin as a postive and favored beauty feature, the only difference lies in emphasis, which is based on the sex of the individual, though positive all around.
Again most men in here disagree I don't know what your argument is? Are you saying we're all liars and we all get hard when we see a light girl

Very funny.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why the man is with a ridiculous-looking, sometimes mismatched in color powedered "ghost" :sass2:

I can categorically state that most Somali men out here literally light up at lightskinned girls lol.
I'm sorry, praising wiil cad that's cano (milk:mjlol:) and dheer (tall) isn't the domain of elderly women as you'd so love to paint. A man will use or similar words to describe the same.

We aren't in a vacuum. Both men and women view lightskin as a postive and favored beauty feature, the only difference lies on the emphasis, which is based on sex.

This deflection.

No i stop to ask myself why doesn't the groom look like a color powdered ''ghost'' while his bride does. Why doesn't the men bleach themselves?

Puhlease, no oday comes to a man saying '', ''Quruux!! Hindi baa uegtahay'' Thats all Eedo's who do. You must live in space and farthest from a Somali community to say such a thing.
If men do where is the proof for that? What struggles do men go through to cope with this so called ''Lightskin standards'' put on them:mjlol:

Like you said the difference is on emphasis in sex , because men do not put importance on skin color.. So there is no emphasis attached to us.

:camby:Call me when men begin to bleach themselves

The only people I have seen with colourism is the generations raised here, but then again they have been brainwashed with other toxic ideologies as well.

The OP is absolutely correct, colour was never an issue, looking back at myself at the Somali girls I found pretty, they were predominantly dark skin in a 80/20 ratio, the funny thing is that I never gave this much thought until this topic, which again proves the fundamental point the OP was making that it doesn't exist in our culture.

VixR

Veritas
This deflection.

No i stop to ask myself why doesn't the groom look like a color powedered ''ghost'' while his bride does. Why doesn't the men bleach themselves?

No odeey comes to a man saying ''Adheero waa ee caadahay'', ''Quruux!! Hindi baa uegtahay'' Thats all Eedo's who do. You must live in space and farthest from a Somali community to say such a thing.
If men do where is the proof for that? What struggles do men go through to cope with this so called ''Lightskin status'' put on them:mjlol:

Like you said the difference is on emphasis in sex , because men do not put importance on skin color.. So there is no emphasis attached to us.

:camby:Call me when men begin to bleach themselves

You're being highly dishonest. Ask yourself why is he with a fake cad girl that changed her skin tone in a poor way that's obvious to all those in attendance? That's how bad they want cad.

If they can't get a naturally cad girl, they get with the obvious counterfeit. It's the same phenomenon with white people and bottled blondes. Real blondes may be fewer, but bottled blondes are a dime a dozen.

I've already explained that there's a difference in emphasis between the sexes, and that it's not as pronounced in men. We'll see if it progresses to male skin bleaching as it has with other cultures. But like I said, when they are light, they are praised for it by men and women alike, your pathetic meme on the words and manner in which they do it notwithstanding.

Let's just hope the men don't start bleaching themselves.

Fortunately for them, plenty of women still value darker skin. A view that the men fail to match. Lending us to the harrowing image of a ghost alongside a sunbaked dark man, who was probably called madoobe and likes the startling look of her.

You're being highly dishonest. Ask yourself why is he with a fake cad girl that changed her skin tone in a poor way that's obvious to all those in attendance? That's how bad they want cad.

If they can't get a naturally cad girl, they get with the obvious counterfeit. It's the same phenomenon with white people and bottled blondes. Real blondes may be fewer, but bottled blondes are a dime a dozen.

I've already explained that there's a difference in emphasis between the sexes, and that it's not as pronounced in men. We'll see if it progresses to male skin bleaching as it has with other cultures. But like I said, when they are light, they are praised for it by men and women alike, your pathetic meme on the words and manner in which they do it notwithstanding.

Let's just hope the men don't start bleaching themselves.

Fortunately for them, plenty of women still value darker skin. A view that the men fail to match. Lending us to the harrowing image of a ghost alongside a sunbaked dark man, who was probably called madoobe and likes the startling look of her.
OK we give up I always when I see a light girl because you said that

You gotta be trolling if you're claiming dark skin carries low social value among Somali men.You can make a 200 page post of the powerful "dark" Somali politicians/businessman. There is no way skin tone even comes close to rivalling clan in terms of social structure for men.

Now whether that is even a positive thing is worth discussing. I'm not sure if it's worth bragging about having different forms of social division as if they're praiseworthy. But yeah too many reaches in this thread.

Ask yourself why is he with a fake cad girl that changed her skin tone in a poor way that's obvious to all those in attendance? That's how bad they want cad.

The man not bleaching is due to the emphasis not being as pronounced on men. We'll see if that progresses to male skin bleaching as it has with other cultures. But like I said, when they are light, they are praised for it by men and women alike, your pathetic meme on the words and how they do notwithstanding.

Let's just hope the men don't stop bleaching themselves.

Fortunately for them, plenty of women still value darker skin. A view that the men fail to match. Lending us to the harrowing image of a ghost alongside a sunbaked dark man.

That is assuming the groom married her solely for her looks and that bleached up looking brides aren't common to begin with in Somalia. They don't bleach themselves because of the preferences of men, they do it solely by their own accordance

If Somali men want to get an cad girl soo badley , they would be running off to Arabs and Cadaan women just so they could get mixed babies. Wait... this phenomena only exist for Somali women and not men at all. :icon lol::icon lol:

Mhmm i wonder why:hmm:.

There is no emphasis because men don't place importance on their own skin color nor do they place it on other men. Just not common to see a man praise another man for his skin color. Women praise other men for their skin color.

How does it progress to male skin bleaching .when as you said there is no emphasis attached to a mans skin color in comparison.

How self contradicting are you:mjlol: Why is there difference in emphasis? ask yourself that first

That is assuming the groom married her solely for her looks and that bleached up looking brides aren't common to begin with in Somalia. They don't bleach themselves on the preferences of men, they do it solely by their own accordance

If Somali men want to get an cad girl soo badley , they would be running off to Arabs and Cadaan women just so they could get mixed babies. Wait... this phenomena only exist for Somali women and not men at all. :icon lol::icon lol:

Mhmm i wonder why:hmm:.

There is no emphasis because men don't place importance on their own skin color nor do they place it on other men. Just not common to see a man praise another man for his skin color. Women praise other men for their skin color.

How does it progress to male skin bleaching .when as you said there is no emphasis attached to a mans skin color.

How self contradicting are you:mjlol: Why is there difference in emphasis ask yourself that?
I don't think this woman is capable of understanding what we are talking about she is literally the dumbest person I saw on this website she is saying that all of us love light skinned girls and anybody who disagrees with her is in denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending