The futuh al habash changed the trajectory of somaliweyn true or false ?

So you believe that Geri and Karanle Babile are Oromo clans that were Somalized?

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

No they were Somalis who came in contact with the Oromos then became bilingual and Islamized other oromos in the process.

World

VIP
No they were Somalis who came in contact with the Oromos then became bilingual and Islamized other oromos in the process.
This is what your source says:
“ The ethnic substratum of the Girri and the Babille were Oromo who had been dominated and Islamized by the Somali.”

So what are you saying exactly ? Why you quoting this source this if you arguing the opposite?

This is what your source says:
“ The ethnic substratum of the Girri and the Babille were Oromo who had been dominated and Islamized by the Somali.”

So what are you saying exactly ? Why you quoting this source this if you arguing the opposite?

The source is saying exactly what i am saying, the there are sections of Oromo's who took on the ethnic identity of Girri and Babile Somalis after coming in contact with them and was islamized.

World

VIP
The source is saying exactly what i am saying, the there are sections of Oromo's who took on the ethnic identity of Girri and Babile Somalis after coming in contact with them and was islamized.
It simply means that these were Oromo groups who became Somali. That’s what ethnic substratum means…

World

VIP
Yes they they took on the muslim identities of Girri and Babily Somalis , the substratum is their oromo identity underneath it.
The source clearly says Babile + Geri have an Oromo ethnic substratum. It doesn’t say that Oromos took the identities of those two clans.

perhaps you will listen to chat gpt ? not trying to be insulting.
BBC52169-B680-48E8-BE7C-077D043E98D4.jpeg

I mean i don’t know if u are just arguing because you are unable to be wrong?

True borders? Look at the archeological sites and where they are located in map i showed, that's what constitutes Awdal , among other regions as well. And fits the descriptions the portuguese gave it

We are talking about forts and defenses being built, as i have shown you can see the archeological sites in the map and that general region according to Archeologists had forts and fortresses. Only Waaqoyi lacked fortresses in many of the settlements because how more distant they were from the highlands.

We can't speak on whether Bale or Dawaro lacked forts or fortresses as there hasn't been much archeology in those areas that i am aware of. Also there are questions about Bale and Dawaros exact location as they might have been located more Northerly than south according to researchers who looked at sources.

The first few texts talks about how the natives Bale were driven out by the invasion. Bale was one of the first places Oromo's attacked and invaded and pretty much wiped out. Only a minority of Muslims remained in Bale and some were the early Somali clans that connected the arrival of other newer Ogaden Somalis in the 18th century who assimilated them into a Muslim billingual Somalinized group that traces their ancestry to Somali
LdVJL3y.png

a2f83FL.png

3c30SWP.png

y2EPX5n.png

And prior to that Oromos came to do the exact same as they did in the Christian highlands as they did with Harrar and around it, they didn't de-islamize it, the deeper contact they made pushing/assimilating other groups like Gurage with them into Harar they adopted the Muslim religion and language of the Muslims living there and embedding themselves in the Muslim political structure in the region.

Like your source says ''More decisive , however were the contacts with the Harrari community of the Town of Harrar, where interrmarriages and political marriages contributed to the conversion of Oromo rural Elite in Harrarghe''

An example of this:
lVN0haI.png

O7x4bDB.png

Same happened in the areas North and East of Harar as well.

MtJX2Rw.png
Were the Muslims of Bali Arabs or hadiya?

The source clearly says Babile + Geri have an Oromo ethnic substratum. It doesn’t say that Oromos took the identities of those two clans.

perhaps you will listen to chat gpt ? not trying to be insulting.
View attachment 335861

I mean i don’t know if u are just arguing because you are unable to be wrong?

Then i must have misunderstood it, i took it to mean something else.

Girri and Hawiye/Babile are clearly not Oromo they are mentioned in the Futuh. And most of the tribes mentioned in Futuh around Harars was still present when Richard Burton and other explorers visited the area in the mid 1800s were still Muslim and Somali.

Were the Muslims of Bali Arabs or hadiya?

Based on my own current knowledge , although there needs to be more research into it, they looked to be mostly Somali clans, along with possibly hadiya as well.

The name Bali comes from Somali name for lake ,the sultanate was first formed from a settlement by a group of Somali migrants from Merca led by Shaykh Hussain Bali in the 10-13th century in an area near a water source. We know this through a manuscript detailing this called Rabi-al-Qulub and genealogical records collected.

You can also tell from the fact that the river on both sides of the region was called Wabi, which means ''The river'' in Somali language in medieval Abyssinian sources and in Futuh.

Was the Futuh Al Habash primarily a defensive war or was it done to Islamized Ethiopia?

It's been a defensive war since since 1270.

In a way Futuh was both but it was born out of that resistance that started in 1270 and it was the last straw that broke in Muslims.