The Self-hatred among certain halimos is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1387.GIF

Absolutely fucking disgusting, she looks like the result of the Fukushima spill.

Last edited:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I noticed they're also part of the "proud of my African roots" crew which is cognitive dissonance the likes of which I have never seen

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster

This one picture of her cousin looks a million times better than anything else on her instagram. Cause she actually looks naturally and not some hideous, off-putting complexion.

Merca

Inactive.
I would never think she's Somali judging by that picture. She's beautiful! Her cousin is drop dead gorgeous!

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
What's the deal with the nose rings that I see so much these days? I thought Somalis saw it as a mark of ownership or slavery.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I love nose rings, say wallahi it's seen as a mark of ownership :ohhh:

OK so I checked with my parents. For Daroods and Reer Waqooyis apparently it is seen as a symbol of being subdued or domination. When you want an animal to plough a field and you need to subdue it you would give it a nose ring to put it in pain. They also use it if you want a female camel to feed another calf that is not hers. If her calf were to die and you wanted to feed another you would give it a nose ring.

It is not a good thing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.