The Self-hatred among certain halimos is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
beauty-curly-hair-indian-nose-piercings-Favim.com-2370757.jpg
@Galaeri I'm going to have to change my opinion on nose rings. :wow:

Gambar

VIP
Skin lightening and self hatred has become a serious problem. I saw it with my own eyes back home. Very sad. Women will tell other women "maad isku xoqdid" it was absolutely gross. Somali features contrasted against especially a dark skin inan Somaliyad is very beautiful. Skin bleaching looks scary, the person loses their natural pigment and starts to look like a weird creature.

From music to poetry, don't we always praise the light ones. What do you expect the dark ones to do? A typical somali compliment sounds like "inan carab ah oo cas oo luqun dheer timo hindi ah leh":ivers:

Gambar

VIP
From music to poetry, don't we always praise the light ones. What do you expect the dark ones to do? A typical somali compliment sounds like "inan carab ah oo cas oo luqun dheer timo hindi ah leh":ivers:

I distinctly remember listening to gabaay and it would explicitly state colors such as "good"(deep brown color) as being the most beautiful. Poets would praise women with long, slim necks, small waists, and brownish skin colors. A lot of these Somali women bleach their skin but don't bother to be healthy, they're overweight but they work so hard to keep up with skin lightening regimens and it's crazy because they are literally killing themselves.

I distinctly remember listening to gabaay and it would explicitly state colors such as "good"(deep brown color) as being the most beautiful. Poets would praise women with long, slim necks, small waists, and brownish skin colors. A lot of these Somali women bleach their skin but don't bother to be healthy, they're overweight but they work so hard to keep up with skin lightening regimens and it's crazy because they are literally killing themselves.
I have listened to many songs and gabays complimenting on women by likening them to carab and using such words as quraysh. There is an implicit preferrence for light girls than dark ones. I have one aunt form my dad's side and my dad said when they were growing up, everyone use to tell his dad that some day soon a lot of camel would be coming his way because his daughter was lights skin. That's about 45 years ago and not much as changed.

And you are right. staying in shape is probably more important than being light.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I have listened to many songs and gabays complimenting on women by likening them to carab and using such words as quraysh. There is an implicit preferrence for light girls than dark ones. I have one aunt form my dad's side and my dad said when they were growing up, everyone use to tell his dad that some day soon a lot of camel would be coming his way because his daughter was lights skin. That's about 45 years ago and not much as changed.

And you are right. staying in shape is probably more important than being light.
It's very sad since the % of light skinned Somalis is not even in double digits.

So we view beauty in a skin colour that an extreme minority share, whilst view the skin colour of the vast majority as ugly.

It's very sad since the % of light skinned Somalis is not even in double digits.

So we view beauty in a skin colour that an extreme minority share, whilst view the skin colour of the vast majority as ugly.
yap. It is more than sad bro. There's a lot of ignorance that we need to remove from our culture.

Gambar

VIP

That's stupid and I'm glad I never heard things like that growing up, my family never really mentioned skin color. Even 45 years ago is relatively recent come to think about it. I've heard of some women getting cancer and becoming infertile from using skin bleaching products.

Sorry to break it to you, but I don't actually believe I'm an Arab or that Somalis are Arab. All Somalis share the same DNA and we are one race.

That was a lie and I was clowning niggas such as yourself (who liked all my comments).

:drakelaugh::drakelaugh::camby:

@Adheer Warsame

kkkkk you think I was born yesterday sxb? I know who you are very, very well. You're a dhuxul dhulos whose lighter skinned family probably did a number on your psyche with all of teasing over the years. You can cherrypick pictures of women who spent most of their time outdoors, but this is also a classic Lamagoodley phenotype:

Abdullah_Ahmed_Irro.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

In before pictures of Buhoodle and how you are so very typical.:russ:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
kkkkk you think I was born yesterday sxb? I know who you are very, very well. You're a dhuxul dhulos whose lighter skinned family probably did a number on your psyche with all of teasing over the years. You can cherrypick pictures of women who spent most of their time outdoors, but this is also a classic Lamagoodley phenotype:

Abdullah_Ahmed_Irro.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

In before pictures of Buhoodle and how you are so very typical.:russ:
I'm a man and unlike a women, I have no self hatred which would lead me to portray light skinned Somalis as the norm.

o.jpg

Both this man and Irro are MJ. If one tribe can have such diversity, then fitting all Somalis into one phenotype would be ridiculous.

Unlike you Bantus who all look the same. :camby::mjlol:

I cringe when some next lady goes heblayo wa inan dheero oo cas they think that if someone is light then they are automatically good looking. So if a guy who's dark skin and he finds another dark skin girl his mother will be like akhas tan meadow iska da oo orod oo mid cass so radso :bell:

However, I think that the younger generation are opened minded and they don't really care about skin color. Unlike the older islano who love to gossip when a dark skin girl gets married to some next Somali guy they are like tan meadow muxu karaba lol. Idiots.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I cringe when some next lady goes heblayo wa inan dheero oo cas they think that if someone is light then they are automatically good looking. So if a guy who's dark skin and he finds another dark skin girl his mother will be like akhas tan meadow iska da oo orod oo mid cass so radso :bell:

However, I think that the younger generation are opened minded and they don't really care about skin color. Unlike the older islano who love to gossip when a dark skin girl gets married to some next Somali guy they are like tan meadow muxu karaba lol. Idiots.
Lol why are you exaggerating? Although there is colourism in the Somali community it doesn't exist to that level.

Bohol

VIP
Ladies nose rings only look good (on good looking girls not everyone). No amount of piercings can fix this though.

Boqor Riya :drakelaugh:
CGNZXESW0AAaYSj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.