The Self-hatred among certain halimos is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
OK so I checked with my parents. For Daroods and Reer Waqooyis apparently it is seen as a symbol of being subdued or domination. When you want an animal to plough a field and you need to subdue it you would give it a nose ring to put it in pain. They also use it if you want a female camel to feed another calf that is not hers. If her calf were to die and you wanted to feed another you would give it a nose ring.

It is not a good thing at all.
I will tell my wife to get a nose ring now

kidding :mjlaugh:

OK so I checked with my parents. For Daroods and Reer Waqooyis apparently it is seen as a symbol of being subdued or domination. When you want an animal to plough a field and you need to subdue it you would give it a nose ring to put it in pain. They also use it if you want a female camel to feed another calf that is not hers. If her calf were to die and you wanted to feed another you would give it a nose ring.

Yeah the first thing that comes in my mind when I see a nose ring is a cow.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Yeah the first thing that comes in my mind when I see a nose ring is a cow.

Lmao Ikr. My parents told me only reer xamars and Madows see it as beautiful.

Other Somalis should have not adopted this trend. It is not a part of our culture.

I have a Q

Why are you guys so racist towards AAs and other blacks but we Somalis get the brunt of the blame for it all the time? Yes Somalis are racist foo but please take your share of the blame. I know some Habesha women who sound like the KKK lol.

This thread topic will answer it further

Is it regular nose ring or one of those bull ring types?
Idk but it's most likely the bull type one

I don't have one lmaooo I just like the look. I mainly meant the regular one. Bull rings are cool too

Loool. I'm getting one, but a stud > ring for me.

I want one too! Ngl I've got a soft spot for ring piercings, especially the delicate tiny ones. It's pretty
clear.png

My mum told me the same, the slaves only who put rings in their noses.

VixR

Veritas
I don't have one lmaooo I just like the look. I mainly meant the regular one. Bull rings are cool too

I want one too! Ngl I've got a soft spot for ring piercings, especially the delicate tiny ones. It's pretty
clear.png
Yeah, pretty sure I'll get one. I've wanted one the longest. Don't care about obscure Somali grazing and animal husbandry habits or whatever :pachah1:

Status
Not open for further replies.