There is an epidemic amongst Xalimos

To be honest i think this is all up to faith, never in my life did anything come just because i deeply wished for it to manifest on a certain date/period.

Dont loose sleep over anything, if its meant to be it will be. I know this isn't particularly good advice - but once you cool down, you will settle down into taking care of yourself and making life the best TODAY. Social life for example? very important for dating. However shouldn't be done without your boundaries, comfort and excitment as the major motivation.

Being present is how you have good eye contact with people, smooth over awkward silences, scout the right guy in the environment. Dont know why a 22 year old is creating anxiety over marriage <3:urgh:

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
To be honest i think this is all up to faith, never in my life did anything come just because i deeply wished for it to manifest on a certain date/period.

Dont loose sleep over anything, if its meant to be it will be. I know this isn't particularly good advice - but once you cool down, you will settle down into taking care of yourself and making life the best TODAY. Social life for example? very important for dating. However shouldn't be done without your boundaries, comfort and excitment as the major motivation.

Being present is how you have good eye contact with people, smooth over awkward silences, scout the right guy in the environment. Dont know why a 22 year old is creating anxiety over marriage <3:urgh:

Your PFP 😍 I love her and her work so β€˜effin much!

Observations: I think it might be more of an anomaly more observable in the diaspora, than on the home turf, where there is a higher percentage of educated, and employed ladies vs-a-vis a shallow pool of qualified gents to choose from. A couple of compelling factors to consider:
a) More girls are being born into Somali families, which in and of itself is an anomaly, and worth researching,
b) It is less of a challenge to tame a 'haldhaa', in, and of her ordinary self, than a coarse nomad of the same.

These potentially lead to more ladies, withering upon shelves longer than desired, in seeking desirable suitors, for there is a dire scarcity of commensurate equals.

In general, an educated chap minds not to tie the knot with a lady of nomadic existence, but it is a bit of a challenge for an educated lady to do likewise, for obvious reason, chauvinism, on the part of the man, being one.

Of course, there are other factors worthy of consideration, and shall let students of social studies to ruminate.

The good news: it shall come to pass when the lads pick up the baton, and catch up, as is being observed.

Food for thought.

Postscript:
Sorry, @canab did not intend it to be 'that deep'.
You sound like a 1930s british sailor

Your PFP 😍 I love her and her work so β€˜effin much!
valentineΰΉ‘ on Twitter.jpg
pleasure to meet you

I agree but I’d blame it more on them being undersocialized since let’s be for real these type of nerdy muslim girls don’t interact with men they aren’t related to on a personal level so they don’t know how to date and their standards are skewed by the media they consume so they don’t know what men are actually like irl.

Echoing everyone else, it’s not that hard to get yourself a man. I don’t like how people are going in on her looks when they have no idea how she looks at all. Even someone average looking can reasonably find someone for themselves. But in the dating world, if you’re introverted without a fulfilling social life tough luck.
A lot of men would be happy with a miskeen homebody woman, she just needs someone who can set her up with guys and that’s it.

Observations: I think it might be more of an anomaly more observable in the diaspora, than on the home turf, where there is a higher percentage of educated, and employed ladies vs-a-vis a shallow pool of qualified gents to choose from. A couple of compelling factors to consider:
a) More girls are being born into Somali families, which in and of itself is an anomaly, and worth researching,
b) It is less of a challenge to tame a 'haldhaa', in, and of her ordinary self, than a coarse nomad of the same.

These potentially lead to more ladies, withering upon shelves longer than desired, in seeking desirable suitors, for there is a dire scarcity of commensurate equals.

In general, an educated chap minds not to tie the knot with a lady of nomadic existence, but it is a bit of a challenge for an educated lady to do likewise, for obvious reason, chauvinism, on the part of the man, being one.

Of course, there are other factors worthy of consideration, and shall let students of social studies to ruminate.

The good news: it shall come to pass when the lads pick up the baton, and catch up, as is being observed.

Food for thought.

Postscript:
Sorry, @canab did not intend it to be 'that deep'.
So are you saying some men don't want women that are more educated than them and at the same time women don't want men less educated than them? Both should put their pride aside who cares.

Trending

Latest posts