There is no city that can challenge Burco except of course Mogadishu and Hargeisa

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
That websites crazy lol berbera is like less than half the size of burco population wise
I scooped around a bit, just not convinced about the burco numbers being posted if Baydhabo is 300k . UN was quoting that number back in 2005, considering the birth rate in the south, no way it remained the same, according to the UNDP in 2005 the population of Baidoa was 370,000. Burco must have around the same population as Baidoa today if not lower, I would lean lower.. Somalia has generally lower population ; compared to our neighbors. Cant wait for an official census
Screenshot_20220326-213122_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
I scooped around a bit, just not convinced about the burco numbers being posted if Baydhabo is 300k . UN was quoting that number back in 2005, considering the birth rate in the south, no way it remained the same, according to the UNDP in 2005 the population of Baidoa was 370,000. Burco must have around the same population as Baidoa today if not lower, I would lean lower.. Somalia has generally lower population ; compared to our neighbors. Cant wait for an official censusView attachment 218328

You also have to remember all these “burco numbers” were never submitted by SL. These are estimates by hateful FGS and federal states that undercuts the numbers of all SL cities so burco in reality is probably about 700-800k population tbh

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
it’s fake news lol it’s what they all from a certain clan peddle View attachment 218264

I am looking for the full source now as I only saved what’s relevant to SL but the 2014 fake population estimates was so biased for dooros it’s weird. Clearly the work of the federal state presidents submitting fake #’s. Look how Warsangeli were caught upping their numbers by 300%. The whole thing was inflated for aid purposes but the dooro villages thanks to their Federal Presidents took it to another level. Look at Sool and Badhan/lasqoray. They did the same for the rather barren and dry Puntland regions too

And even tho the 2014 estimates the Daroods like to use was busted and exposed it is still just an estimate at the end of the day not a real census but the authors corrections lines up more with reality

From the source you cited:
Following the 1958 data about clans in Somaliland collected by I.M. Lewis, assuming there have been no major changes in the clan balance in Somaliland
:deadosama:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
That’s the same author of the fake 2014 population estimates you guys run around with :dead:

We been telling you it was fake the whole time now you see the author corrections and you have an issue with it :mjlol:

This is a lie. The author is Robert Kluijver who had nothing to do with the 2014 UNFPA PESS.
He guesstimated the population of Northern Somalia using the number of voters registered to vote for Somaliland. This is a huge problem since he is assuming that voter registration in a place like Sool is equal to the rate of voter registration in Woqoyie Galbeed.

The table above seeks to reconcile the 2014 population data for Somaliland from the UN PopulationFund (UNFPA) the internationally most often quoted source with 2017 Voter Registration (VR) data(one of the most credible census-like activities undertaken in the past years by Somaliland’s authorities),
the population figure of 2.2 to 2.5 million estimated by Markus Hoehne (2018)
10 and personal observation. I have applied an ‘exaggeration factor’ of 120 to 300% for each district, based on the criteria mentioned beneath the table. The reason I have engaged in this speculative work is to gain abetter understanding of population distribution and participation.

https://www.academia.edu/44590322/The_State_in_Somaliland

@YSD33 This is what bias looks like. Bias is lying about the facts, it's not about having a point of view.

This is a lie. The author is Robert Kluijver who had nothing to do with the 2014 UNFPA PESS.
He guesstimated the population of Northern Somalia using the number of voters registered to vote for Somaliland. This is a huge problem since he is assuming that voter registration in a place like Sool is equal to the rate of voter registration in Woqoyie Galbeed.

https://www.academia.edu/44590322/The_State_in_Somaliland

@YSD33 This is what bias looks like. Bias is lying about the facts, it's not about having a point of view.
You’re helping my case. He uses real data to dispel the 2014 fake UN estimate myth and accurately places the population estimate with tools such as voter registration but that is not all that’s relied on. All the tools put together places the population estimates at a more real number. The voter registration in Sool is less than W. galbeed because the population is less. The numbers that were registered and those that actually voted are two totally different things. The closest thing ever done to a real census is the voting registration but you don’t like it because it gives a more accurate number. It’s not a coincidence how population density maps line up a lot more accurately with the improved numbers

I know it hurts when people use real data to expose your lies lol