this why i hate being associated with arabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we cannot physically stop women from getting it down so PRACTICAL solutions are needed not sensationalized drivel with political baggage.

Get it? This anti fgm movement is an INDUSTRY not a social movement that will offer real solutions. Like you said girls are STILL getting it done, the anti FGM has not been effective. Abroad its actively targeting little somali girls. It's sick.

@bored

i don't put much weight behind anti-fgm mvmt, all I know are some xalimos that campaign about it a lot. i always figured the worse that could happen was that a few more questions get asked at the airport. at best ppl get the clear signal that This Is Not Ok...which I think more or less has happened. ppl know there is real consequences from the law for taking part in this.

No never, clearly we are in differing demographics.

the feeling that i get from ppl like u and the ppl in the maandeeq podcast is we're from totally different classes. i see privileged folk who have the luxury of complaining about getting asked a few questions on their many flights to africa a year. i'm not privileged enough to know/care about what some white women say and hashtag wars.

Alll im hearing from you is

> Cutting for boys yes, for girls no. Wait does earing piercing count as body modificaton?

> FGM is bad FGC is good

> i am little Western Fag who thinks my culture is the norm im goingt to impose Euro values on others

Go advocate for your 2016 designer vagina you fag!

actually I never said anything about cutting of boys. im personally pro-dont-cut-little-ppl, let them decide on their own when they're adults if they want to.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
I am neutral! However i believe in the choice, privacy and dignity of somali women.
This is not somali women

We are talking about girls the age between 7-12 not women. This is form of child abuse and cruelty for a child to suffer. If our parents and grandparents weren't educate about this we should know better.

However like I've said before I'm against the media Exposures from these somali so call feminists and also examining every little girls because they went back home and suspect to be circumcised. Thats generasing and stereotyping our community and I was absolutely disgusted when I heard about it.

whats up with this @Bahal individual. He thinks reurgitating Nonsense repeteadly is going to make it more believable and undermine me. First i mention somali legal system (xeer) then he shouts ''Camel'' 10 times and then i mention FGS he shouts ''Carve out organs'' 50 times.

Wale waa yab. Either he is incredibly stupid, a troll or operate really deeply under a eurocentric paradigm. Hence view things from Eurocentric Reality. :pachah1:

B

bilan M

That's not true abaayo, Most of my cousins did not get it done in any form nor have I although I'm 26. Please don't spread misinformation. There is enough as is.

Hun u said you and ur cousins, from an earlier comment i take ur mum is qiite educated. I do know ppl over 27 that havent had it done but they were rare cases, one girl she was brought up by her single father, another family didnt do any of their girls but both the parents were very highly educated and knew alot about the reglion. they grew in the in affluent hip xamar and moved to the uk in the late 70s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

IntensiveCareUnit

its not even about hashtag wars though. most of the dialogue was before twitter activism became a joke of a thing. but i really doubt someone who's somali never coming across all the media surrounding fgm

Hun u said you and ur cousins, from an earlier comment i take ur mum is qiite educated. I do know ppl over 27 that havent had it done but they were r cases, one girl she was brought up by her single father, another family didnt do any of their girls but both the parents were very highly educated and knew alot about the reglion. they grew in the in affluent xamar and moved to the uk in the late.70s.

exactly. most somalis weren't bougie well-to-do/educated ppl who went to harvard and knew better. cagaha dhulka dhiga.

actually I never said anything about cutting of boys. im personally pro-dont-cut-little-ppl, let them decide on their own when they're adults if they want to.

You have no right to infringe on the choice & privacy of others. Same should apply to women. So you are admitedly sexist then?
Also Racist and ethnocentric?

You have no right to infringe on the choice & privacy of others. Same should apply to women. So you are admitedly sexist then?
Also Racist and ethnocentric?

how is it the choice of an 8 year old to get cut?

why are you throwing around words you don't understand?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@bored my sincere apologies, I genuinely thought you were trolling me.

As far as the anti fgm movement and its ideology, you should put weight on it, it's affecting not only somali girls qurbaha but most worringly in somalia/lands. Importing a western idealogy only produces pushback and that's all I'm saying really. Recently somalia made fgm illegal for apparently the second time. Ask yourself who was this for? The little girls in gaalkacyo or baidoa? Banning shit never works. Clearly.

how is it the choice of an 8 year old to get cut?

why are you throwing around words you don't understand?

There is choice in grown women which is what the campaign is targeting and not children. IF that was the case why not be staunchly against western young girls who get the same procedure?

Last edited:
@bored my sincere apologies, I genuinely thought you were trolling me.

As far as the anti fgm movement and its ideology, you should put weight on it, it's affecting not only somali girls qurbaha but most worringly in somalia/lands. Importing a western idealogy only produces pushback and that's all I'm saying really. Recently somalia made fgm illegal for apparently the second time. Ask yourself who was this for? The little girls in gaalkacyo or baidoa? Banning shit never works. Clearly.

somali govt can make caano geel illegal, nothing they say/do matters, it's just pandering to their various donors (in this case the west)

i agree with you

This is not somali women

We are talking about girls the age between 7-12 not women. This is form of child abuse and cruelty for a child to suffer. If our parents and grandparents weren't educate about this we should know better.

i already adressed this point on a previous page

Ok
1) if it was about childrens rights why is it that this case is focused on an adult woman?

2) Again, if FGM is about child protection, then why leave out male circumcision or male genital mutilation? many male activists who speak against it

3) if it was about child protection why are there underage western (mostly white) girls - some as young as nine years old - receiving labiaplasties for free under the National Health System in countries such as the UK and Australia? Why don't these girls have protected status for their genitalia - like African girls? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ed-14-having-designer-vagina-surgery-NHS.html

So its really racist and ethnocentric no matter how you phrase it.

its ''Fashion cosmetics'' in the west and '' barbaric mutilations'' in africa

There is choice in grown women which is what the campaign is targeting and not children. IF that was the case why not be staunchly against western young girls who get the same procedure?

i feel like i've said this in every way possible but maybe i need to reiterate it: if a grown woman wants to do stuff to her body, more power to her. i.dont.care. it's not my business or anyone elses except hers, because its.her.body.

i am against the nonconsensual abuse of little girls, wherever they're from/at.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
And I hope your daughter gets diddled by a 50+ white doctor, all in the name of civilsed western culture.

:damedamn:

@miski @Ugas

• do you believe fgm is a harmful practice?

• would you subject your female relatives to fgm in the baadiyo of Galgaduud by a witch doctor?

• do you believe a child should have their clitoris and labia removed and be sewn up without their consent because of longstanding tradition?

My stance is simple

• infibulation is a particularly brutal form of fgm that results in significant complications up to and including the death of the victim, supported by almost all medical literature, anecdotal evidence, and common sense.

• I would not subject my female relatives to mutilation at the hands of an 80 year old crone in the baadiyo of Jubbada Dhexe

• I question any tradition that dictates the mutilation of any individual, let alone a child who cannot give consent.

• while fgm activism has admittedly become a bit of an industry for some Somali women looking for their 15 minutes and has been coopted by westerners with obvious ulterior motives, it doesn't make fgm any more rational or safe. I don't give a shit about tradition when it inevitably results in serious harm and or death.

i feel like i've said this in every way possible but maybe i need to reiterate it: if a grown woman wants to do stuff to her body, more power to her. i.dont.care. it's not my business or anyone elses except hers, because its.her.body.

i am against the nonconsensual abuse of little girls, wherever they're from/at.

If you really not racist and ethnocentric why use words like ''Mutilation'' or ''FGM'' when they are just constructed for pure shock value and to signify primitive vs progressive? All while in the wests its considered Fashion cosmetics.

Lets face it there are more reasonable comprehensive way to deal with child protection that doesnt involve singling out only somali girls.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@bilan M I've never heard of Somalis taking their children from the Diaspora to Africa/the ME to get circumcised. I think that's a European problem and probably due to the proximity of Europe to Africa. Nimko Ali, co-founder of anti-fgm ngo Daughter's of Eve, said she was taken back to Djibouti at age 5 to have FGM performed on her. I thought it was an isolated incident, but you're saying it's an actual thing?

Here's a clip from Channel 4's 'The Cruel Cut' where Leyla Hussein (the other founder of Daughter's of Eve) talks to her mom about why she was circumcised.

If you really not racist and ethnocentric why use words like ''Mutilation'' or ''FGM'' when they are just constructed for pure shock value and to signify primitive vs progressive? All while in the wests its considered Fashion cosmetics.

Lets face it there are more reasonable comprehensive way to deal with child protection that doesnt involve singling out only somali girls.

what would you call it? xalaaleynta gabdaha?

what are your ideas on better ways to handle this issue? pretending it doesn't exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.