Two Somali professors win prestigious award for their research on the 'boundaries of Somaliness'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bantu Academic Trolls are it again. If you can't see how they are desperatley trying to steer the narrative in their falsefied direction. then i don't know. Their whole agenda is to attack somali identity,culture and then at the same time to assume and co-opt it for their economic benefits so they can lay claim to our land and resources.

It's no fluke that western scholars and academics who write about somalis and somalia don't take them seriously. They are both laughing stocks in the Academic circles gasping for attention only getting recognition from Liberal Sociologists.

People think I'm crazy when I say that the Bantus are an existential threat to the future of the Somali people. Every passing day confirms that my fears are NOT paranoia----and that my fears are borne out of a genuine desire to see my Somali people survive for the next 1000+ years.

Bantu paranoia in this thread is off the charts. The reality is, bantus are no threat. Most of them just want to be left alone to farm in peace. You have more of an existential threat to your people from a so-called "ethnic Somali" tribe than the non-existent threat posed by bantus. Just think back to the civil war: Who was it that wiped out entire swaths of your tribe? Who was that committed unspeakable murders to your people simply for being from the same tribe as you? Who was it that was robbing you blind of your wealth? It wasn't bantus, but once again so-called "ethnic Somalis". Bantus pose no threat to any of the tribes, rather it's the other "ethnic Somali" tribes that are a threat to your people's continued existence.

Bantu paranoia in this thread is off the charts. The reality is, bantus are no threat. Most of them just want to be left alone to farm in peace. You have more of an existential threat to your people from a so-called "ethnic Somali" tribe than the non-existent threat posed by bantus. Just think back to the civil war: Who was it that wiped out entire swaths of your tribe? Who was that committed unspeakable murders to your people simply for being from the same tribe as you? Who was it that was robbing you blind of your wealth? It wasn't bantus, but once again so-called "ethnic Somalis". Bantus pose no threat to any of the tribes, rather it's the other "ethnic Somali" tribes that are a threat to your people's continued existence.

Bullshit.

You want to make it seem as if Bantus were unwilling to engage in the same behavior as the major Somali clans. Are you really that naive?

You are actually a racist if you think that they're incapable of the same violence that we seen in Somalia in the 1990's. It's a numbers game you idiot. If they became a sizable portion of the Somali population, then could easily commit the same atrocities. It's happened before in many countries and it could happen in Somalia.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

The Bantu participated in the civil war and committed many atrocities in the south. They also committed atrocities during the Kacaan regime so you can stop trying to rewrite history. They are far from innocent.

Bullshit.

You want to make it seem as if Bantus were unwilling to engage in the same behavior as the major Somali clans. Are you really that naive?

If you want to be an effective alarmist and continue with this fear-mongering campaign, you must at least provide some evidence of the Bantus and their hidden agenda. To date, there is absolutely no reason to believe bantus have such an agenda or have any bone to pick with the people living in Somalia.

You are actually a racist if you think that they're incapable of the same violence that we seen in Somalia in the 1990's. It's a numbers game you idiot. If they became a sizable portion of the Somali population, then could easily commit the same atrocities. It's happened before in many countries and it could happen in Somalia.

I'm the racist? The guy who's saying leave them alone as they did absolutely nothing wrong to anyone and don't seem to want anything to do with us in the first place? Right now, there is absolutely no reason to think bantus are a existential threat. You have a much more valid worry in the real existential threat posed by enemy tribes rather than the practically non-existent one posed by bantus.

The Bantu participated in the civil war and committed many atrocities in the south. They also committed atrocities during the Kacaan regime so you can stop trying to rewrite history. They are far from innocent.

What's your source? And please bring something that most would consider objective and unbiased.

I find it interesting how people who are themselves not native to the Somali peninsula can dictate who should and shouldn't be expelled from it just because they arrived a little later. We Darods came from Yemen, Hawiye and Dir from North Africa, and Isaac from Iraq. Somalia is like the US, it is a nation of unrelated immigrants. Bantus form an integral component of the culture and history of the region. This fear-mongering of them is truly offensive to people who truly uphold Somali values and the inclusive Somali way of life. These dangerous and disgusting ideas of nationalism and fascism are foreign concepts to the Somali culture and should be rejected in its totality.

LOL @ Somali Bantus were as criminals as the other main Somali clans. You guys are just clutching at straws now. Bantus, Cad-cads and other minorities were in no position to move a finger, let alone to organize themselves into clan/party lines and wage wars against Somali clans. I lived inside Somalia in the first decade of the civil-war and stuff like didn't even happen in dreams let alone in real life.

There might be individuals, who, for personal reasons in order to protect their properties and families, claimed other big tribes and fought along side them (I knew reer Shabeele guy who claimed to be Xawaadle and lived & fought with them in one of the fights in Xamar in the 90's etc). Also there's that famous story that a well-known Madow Weyne guy (Aweys Geedow or something) was the artillery man in the USC militias at the beginning of the civil-war, and he also took part in the '88 war against Isaaq's in Waqooyi. So yeah, there are specific individuals who took park in the war for personal reasons but there are no known Bantu, Cad-cad or any other minority clan militia to this date.

@Darod_Supremacy

You are a racist because you think that they are incapable of the same actions that every single nation in the world has committed at some point. The Bantu, the Somali, the Europeans, the East Asians, and every other group in the world has done---and every nation is capable of the same violence that Somalia went through in the 1990's.

Just in neighboring Rwanda, the locals over there went through a genocide that wiped out almost 1 million people in 3 fucking months. They didn't even use guns or advanced weapons. They used machetes, and no one could have predicted that would happen. But it did anyways. Yet your naive self thinks that they're incapable of the same violence?

If you judge them based on a different standard that you judge every other racial group, then you're actually being a racist. Why the f*ck are you excluding them? If the White Europeans, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Arabs, the Persians, the Somalis, the Ethiopians, and every other group in the world is capable of committing mass atrocities---then what makes you think the Bantu are exempt?

Duchess

VIP
LOL @ Somali Bantus were as criminals as the other main Somali clans. You guys are just clutching at straws now. Bantus, Cad-cads and other minorities were in no position to move a finger, let alone to organize themselves into clan/party lines and wage wars against Somali clans. I lived inside Somalia in the first decade of the civil-war and stuff like didn't even happen in dreams let alone in real life.

There might be individuals, who, for personal reasons in order to protect their properties and families, claimed other big tribes and fought along side them (I knew reer Shabeele guy who claimed to be Xawaadle and lived & fought with them in one of the fights in Xamar in the 90's etc). Also there's that famous story that a well-known Madow Weyne guy (can't recall his name now) was the artillery man in the USC militias at the beginning of the civil-war, and he also took part in the '88 war against Isaaq's in Waqooyi. So yeah, there are specific individuals who took park in the war for personal reasons but there are no known Bantu, Cad-cad or any other minority clan militia to this date.

Bantus sided with the USC during the civil war and fought in the south for the USC under the banner of Kamasle Hawiye. This well is documented. The Bantu were also part and parcel of the forces who were sent to Mudug to commit atrocities against the Majerteen. Fast-forward to 2015 and many of them are part of Al-Shabaab. I'm shocked that you're trying to paint the Bantu as some peace-loving community that is incapable of harm. :what:

I have no problem with other 0.5 communities but the Bantu are a different story. I support their expulsion from Somalia.

Bantus sided with the USC during the civil war and fought in the south for the USC under the banner of Kamasle Hawiye. This well is documented. The Bantu were also part and parcel of the forces who were sent to Mudug to commit atrocities against the Majerteen. Fast-forward to 2015 and many of them are part of Al-Shabaab. I'm shocked that you're trying to paint the Bantu as some peace-loving community that is incapable of harm. :what:

I have no problem with other 0.5 communities but the Bantu are a different story. I support their expulsion from Somalia.

If a small number of Bantu individuals fighting alongside major clans and Al-Kabaab = all Bantus being guilty in association then I'll add that in my list of the new stuff I learnt on the net.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Never ever ever heard of anyone hawiye or dir claiming arab origins, why lie?

If you are Madowweyne reading this please don't take what's written here to heart. :it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8::it0tdo8:

Duchess

VIP
If a small number of Bantu individuals fighting alongside major clans and Al-Kabaab = all Bantus being guilty in association then I'll add that in my list of the new stuff I learnt on the net.

Were all Isaaqs part of the SNM? Were all Hawiyes part of the USC? Were all Majerteens part of the SSDF? Were all Rahanweyn part of SDM? I can go on and on. Most Somalis were not part of clan militias but the actions of a few are used to taint the name of entire clans, but when it comes to the Bantu it's a different story? They participated in the civil war, were part and parcel of Barre's ugly history, and even today their hands are far from clean. Stop treating them like a protected class. :wtfdis:

@ciddhartha cite figures for how many ethnic Somalis were part of clan militias. I'll wait. :stopit:

Status
Not open for further replies.