UK university trolls black people with BlackHistoryMonth pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
No, Black History Month is important, they just do a piss poor job of it (even when they're not trolling):bell:
If you do a proper job teaching history, then you won't even need it in the first place. Now they just teach it for a month then ignore, or actively avoid it for the rest of the year. Historical ghettoization.

VixR

Veritas
No it's. It makes blackies victims and fuels their victim complex. It is also racist to give blacks a month while no one else has a month as that would be deemed racist

It is also insulting to blacks to say all your achievements are limited to a month lol
No one else has a history like theirs in the country, it was literally built on their backs.

Whether it fuels a victim complex is a question only they can answer, but as far as I'm aware I havent seen a Black who views it in a negative light.

No it's. It makes blackies victims and fuels their victim complex. It is also racist to give blacks a month while no one else has a month as that would be deemed racist

It is also insulting to blacks to say all your achievements are limited to a month lol

But why does your post read like a bnp poster. :mjlol: Do you vote for them?:mjkkk:

`Alot Somalis dont consider themselves black...

I know I wanted to bait em. :umad: Bunch o' self haters :denzelnigga:

waraabe

Your superior
No one else has a history like theirs in the country, it was literally built on their backs.

Whether it fuels a victim complex is a question only they can answer, but as far as I'm aware I havent seen a Black who views it in a negative light.

I wish I wasn't forced to sit through it though.

Dubbed "A national embarrassment"
You can say that again, I mean, what did anybody expect Kent/Kent University? It's a really white area with posh white people who've only seen coloured people on tv.

VixR

Veritas
If you do a proper job teaching history, then you won't even need it in the first place. Now they justteach it for a month then ignore, or actively avoidit for the rest of the year. Historical ghettoization.
If that's your impression, then the entire curriculum is victim to "historical ghettoization" as all history textbooks typically have units that r neatly sectioned off and covered by theme. The only difference is there's a month dedicated to them so it's easier for the teacher to plan teaching that section within that month.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
If that's your impression, the entire curriculum is victim to "historical ghettoization" as all history textbooks have units that r neatly sectioned off and covered by theme. The only difference is the month is dedicated to them so it's easier to teach that section during that month.
But no other section is constrained by time. They give black people the shortest month, and they don't touch it again. If you skipped class that entire month, you'd only ever hear of black people in the context of slavery and colonization, and nothing else. Instead if in each section, they brought up the black people that were influential and relevant to the topic being discussed, acknowledging their contributions as equivalent to those of other races, it would be much better. You'd learn a lot more about black history that way, and they could actually take the time to discuss each thing in detail, rather than blasting through it all in a month. It makes no sense to lump Malcolm X in with Harriet Tubman, they lived more than a century apart.

Some Somalis don't even consider themselves to be African so what makes you think they will consider themselves to be Black?

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
But no other section is constrained by time. They give black people the shortest month, and they don't touch it again. If you skipped class that entire month, you'd only ever hear of black people in the context of slavery and colonization, and nothing else. Instead if in each section, they brought up the black people that were influential and relevant to the topic being discussed, acknowledging their contributions as equivalent to those of other races, it would be much better. You'd learn a lot more about black history that way, and they could actually take the time to discuss each thing in detail, rather than blasting through it all in a month. It makes no sense to lump Malcolm X in with Harriet Tubman, they lived more than a century apart
Yes, but the reason it came into being in the first place was bc it wasn't being taught at all. That was the problem it was created to solve, and tbh it isn't as prominent as White American history. Native Americans are pretty much completely neglected.

Pre-college level history is a joke.

Some Somalis don't even consider themselves to be African so what makes you think they will consider themselves to be Black?

I heard about Somalis not claiming black but denying Africa?? :mjlol: That's a new low

The whole month is essentially dedicated to African American history and slavery .you might as well take the black out of it .

Not many African Americans in the UK, here it mostly focused on black ppl and their achievements

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Even the most anti black Somalis I have seen haven't rejected the African tag

That one is literally just geography and history :mjlol:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
But yeah in Canada black history month is basically "people of African descent get to party for a month so wallahi just allow this white people"

October is UK Black History Month.

Secondly, South Asians used to be considered 'black' in the UK until very recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending