UK university trolls black people with BlackHistoryMonth pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Some Somalis don't even consider themselves to be African so what makes you think they will consider themselves to be Black?
I remember the first time I heard this, we were in dugsi and our macaliin were saying "soomaali baad tihin afrikaan maad tahin" and we were looking at him like wtf did he just say?
:faysalwtf:

Appearntly in his mind and that of other somalis, afrikaan = Madow.
:dabcasar:

waraabe

Your superior
I remember the first time I heard this, we were in dugsi and our macaliin were saying "soomaali baad tihin afrikaan maad tahin" and we were looking at him like wtf did he just say?

I bet he was darker then a majeerten kneecap too

:mjlol:

You should've pulled out a map of Africa and been like "Adeer I didn't know Somalia was part of Europe/Asia"

It would have been worth the beating :russ:

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:mjlol:

You should've pulled out a map of Africa and been like "Adeer I didn't know Somalia was part of Europe/Asia"

It would have been worth the beating :russ:
We literally did, I think our dugsi had some kind of world map wallpaper and he acknowledge the fact that yes Somalia lies in Africa but refused to accept that we were african. To him I think it was more of race thing rather than a geographical one.
:chrisfreshhah:
Our macaliin never beat us cause we were good kids.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Heh, that couldn't be true. There's pretty much zero anxiety on the whole race discussion in the UK where's in America it's just awkward!

I got two Nigerians on another forum bout to fight over being called black :mjlol:

But maybe two corrective points isn't enough to judge

I got two Nigerians on another forum bout to fight over being called black :mjlol:

But maybe two corrective points isn't enough to judge
Yep! The experience of many African-Americans in the UK has been that you are seen as an American first whereas in the States you're seen as African-American from the start. The labelling attitude is very strong in America whereas in the UK it barely exists. The lack of existence of a collective black culture also helps in the UK, as for example black people freely speak with posh accents and adopt upper class mannerisms and it's never seen as strange by other black people.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
No dogs, no blacks, no Irish sings on doors was really common. That included all 'people of colour'.
fuckin cadaan ppl man, discriminating against black ppl from the us to uk to south africa all at the same time. is it something in their dna balaayada :susp:

In case you didn't know, the British had the vastest empire in history and colonized India. They've never considered Indians as Black. You are confused.

The former head of the black police organisation in the UK was Asian. It was a 'thing'. Black and negro not always the same.

fuckin cadaan ppl man, discriminating against black ppl from the us to uk to south africa all at the same time. is it something in their dna balaayada :susp:

Sad I know.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Some Somalis don't even consider themselves to be African so what makes you think they will consider themselves to be Black?
I don't know why you're shocked somalis don't identify themselves "african", we only identify with our qabil and our somalinimo. Same thing with habeshas. People who claim african and go on about "pan-african" remind me of AA's who were stripped of their culture and simply identify themselves as "black".

Also, we are not black either, this is a fact(take a dna test). Somalis and habeshas(amhaaro, oromo, tigrayans) have an pre-historical western Eurasian admixture(from around 8000-10,000+ years ago) averaging around 50 %.

Also, we are not black either, this is a fact(take a dna test). Somalis and habeshas(amhaaro, oromo, tigrayans) have an pre-historical western Eurasian admixture(from around 8000-10,000+ years ago) averaging around 50 %.
Since there's no East African DNA database, it only makes sense that whenever an East African takes DNA test it tests 50-50 either side of East Africa. That does not mean we come from either side. For all we know, they're from us (and every human is from East Africa anyway).

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Since there's no East African DNA database, it only makes sense that whenever an East African takes DNA test it tests 50-50 either side of East Africa. That does not mean we come from either side. For all we know, they're from us (every human is from East Africa anyway).
We are a mixed people, around 50 % east African and 50 % west Eurasian(who most likely migrated back to africa roughly 10,000 years ago). Just because every human may be from East Africa does not mean that all humans come from modern day East Africans. Rather, we both share common ancestors before they moved out of africa (who don't exist anymore as an ethnic group).

We are a mixed people, around 50 % east African and 50 % west Eurasian(who most likely migrated back to africa roughly 10,000 years ago). Just because every human may be from East Africa does not mean that all humans come from modern day East Africans. Rather, we both share common ancestors before they moved out of africa (who don't exist anymore as an ethnic group).
Your first sentence conveniently ignores my explanation. As for the second and the third, I said "and every human is from East Africa anyway". The 'and' as well as the 'anyway' clearly indicate that isn't what I based my argument on. Your reading of my post is baffling and patronising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending