We need this for Somalia

I don’t think somali history can fill up 4 pages 🤣🤣
Do you know of the Macrobians of old? The Adulites, the Ifat? The adal? The Ajuuran? The futuh Al habash? All these monumental events in our collective Somali history yet you’d be hard pressed to find any Somali youth in public who know of them it’s either tiktok or football iyo balaayo

stop crying loool I was being sarcastic
That was a dig not sarcasm, i wasn’t born yesterday I know the difference. Just because you haven’t read up or know anything of your history doesn’t mean there is no history of the Somali. You ought to be ashamed of your ignorance.

yyuusro

inactive RIP ~25/07/2024~
That was a dig not sarcasm, i wasn’t born yesterday I know the difference. Just because you haven’t read up or know anything of your history doesn’t mean there is no history of the Somali. You ought to be ashamed of your ignorance.
Oh shut up I wasn’t even the only one who said it go send paragraphs to the first person who said will run of if things to say in chaper 2.
Do you know of the Macrobians of old? The Adulites, the Ifat? The adal? The Ajuuran? The futuh Al habash? All these monumental events in our collective Somali history yet you’d be hard pressed to find any Somali youth in public who know of them it’s either tiktok or football iyo balaayo
I heard of all of those when I was 14 don’t think I’m uneducated and a stupid women. I’m just saying somalia did not document and preserve things like Europeans or even the Aksumite Empire who have a larger amount of extensive inscriptions that includes their history. Also we didn’t paint much prehistoric art either like them which would have been nice to document. Our primary sources are orally communicated that means we will have a lot of misinformation effecting the reliability of our history. And it is harder to back up due to the lack of reference which could be added to the book. I never said we have NO history and evidence for hence why I said 4 pages.

Last edited:
I’m just saying somalia did not document and preserve things
This has been mentioned over and over. Somali histography/archeology was in its infancy before the civil war happened. There are plenty of manuscripts out there preserved by families or in libraries that historians don't have access to.

yyuusro

You have to in-factor:
Direct material evidence. Secondary sources (Eyewitness accounts, secondary literature etc). Contemporary sources are preferable (or as close in time as possible). As unbiased as possible (neutral outside sources are good for this).

yyuusro

This has been mentioned over and over. Somali histography/archeology was in its infancy before the civil war happened. There are plenty of manuscripts out there preserved by families or in libraries that historians don't have access to.
You did not read what I said never said we had none. We just don’t have many.

Well how convenient is that.
Yes how convenient that a civil war rocked the nation just when Somali histography was developing.

Why do you think archeologists/historians are finding many things in Kenya, Tanzania, Mali and other places in Africa but not in Somalia? It isn't because those people wrote more than Somalis but mainly due to the contrasting political situations. Once Somalia finally becomes stable, we will find more records, manuscripts, and writings hidden away or kept by people in the country.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
You did not read what I said never said we had none. We just don’t have many.
?? We dont have any manuscripts?? Are you tapped sxb

Just one family fleeing Mogadishu uncovered a manuscript from the 1600s don't call yourself educated if you don't even know about how manuscripts were preserved in Somalia.
1721907092954.png

Or what about the Awsa chronicles? do they not exist>?

?? We dont have any manuscripts?? Are you tapped sxb

Just one family fleeing Mogadishu uncovered a manuscript from the 1600s don't call yourself educated if you don't even know about how manuscripts were preserved in Somalia.
View attachment 335923

Or what about the Awsa chronicles? do they not exist>?
They aren't saying no manuscripts exist but rather not very many. A premature assumption IMO

Khaemwaset

VIP
They aren't saying no manuscripts exist but rather not very many. A premature assumption IMO
She asked where was the manuscripts, I provided one, which btw is considered thr oldest proven manuscript written by a Somali. Which was found only because a family fleeing thr civil war in Mogadishu gave it to someone who digitised it

Oh shut up I wasn’t even the only one who said it go send paragraphs to the first person who said will run of if things to say in chaper 2.

I heard of all of those when I was 14 don’t think I’m uneducated and a stupid women. I’m just saying somalia did not document and preserve things like Europeans or even the Aksumite Empire who have a larger amount of extensive inscriptions that includes their history. Also we didn’t paint much prehistoric art either like them which would have been nice to document. Our primary sources are orally communicated that means we will have a lot of misinformation effecting the reliability of our history. And it is harder to back up due to the lack of reference which could be added to the book. I never said we have NO history and evidence for hence why I said 4 pages.
Only clan history/lineages are orally communicated, and where did you get the idea that there is no pre historic paintings in Somalia, have you heard of the Las geel cave paintings/formations? Dated to 3500bce! There’s books and treatises and sources on Somali history from every period all the way up to the modern era that would need a library to house them. The futuh Al habash itself is hundreds of pages long and it’s accounting just for one section of Somali activity (in the west) stop belittling my lineage and history.

You have to in-factor:
Direct material evidence. Secondary sources (Eyewitness accounts, secondary literature etc). Contemporary sources are preferable (or as close in time as possible). As unbiased as possible (neutral outside sources are good for this).
Shut up, you don’t even know what contemporary sources are, stop copying and pasting from google, if you did you wouldn’t have made that comment. You know nothing of our history and I’d gander you aren’t even Somali

Khaemwaset

VIP
Only clan history/lineages are orally communicated, and where did you get the idea that there is no pre historic paintings in Somalia, have you heard of the Las geel cave paintings/formations? Dated to 3500bce! There’s books and treatises and sources on Somali history from every period all the way up to the modern era that would need a library to house them. The futuh Al habash itself is hundreds of pages long and it’s accounting just for one section of Somali activity (in the west) stop belittling my lineage and history.
Not even that. This photo shows an old Somali man with his son holding a massive book with family records.

look at the size of the book, and this isn't even from some Aristocrats as you can see from the background this is some small clan in a village. What is she talking about??
82D0A473-BE08-4EC8-AB2C-CADB0F48205A (1).jpeg

Khaemwaset

VIP
Somalia literally has some of the oldest pre historic paintings Las geel is a tourist destination in Somaliland and one of the few places foreign archaeologists regularly visit
@yyuusro
Laas_Geel.jpg
cropDSC_0933-2000x1024.jpg
travel-tip-explore-laas.jpg

Trending