Went to 3 somali weddings this year and all the grooms were wearing Khaleeji clothes

Cush

Cushite Arab
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is too simple and repetative and the Arab clothes come in 1 million variations and look 10x more majestic and beautiful to wear, people from those backgrounds can wear their clothes everywhere like that, at least even if this came in different colors but it doesn't

Be honest what is better that pic or these?
1695833893465.png

1695833869465.png

This is too simple and repetative and the Arab clothes come in 1 million variations and look 10x more majestic and beautiful to wear, people from those backgrounds can wear their clothes everywhere like that, at least even if this came in different colors but it doesn't

Be honest what is better that pic or these?View attachment 295909
View attachment 295908

What's stopping a Somali man from going to a tailor, or abroad like Somali women do, and getting a custom-made outfit, that also has Somali vibes. Instead of dressing like another ethnic group?

How would Somali men feel if their brides came in wearing a Sari like a Hindi woman?!

Cush

Cushite Arab
What's stopping a Somali man from going to a tailor, or abroad like Somali women do, and getting a custom-made outfit, that also has Somali vibes. Instead of dressing like another ethnic group?

How would Somali men feel if their brides came in wearing a Sari like a Hindi woman?!
The problem with this is it doesn't make you feel good because your ancestors never wore it, it is just some new fabricated clothing which you altered to look nice according to you, whereas Arab clothing has always looked like this

The fact we need them tailored just shows how simple and bad our clothes look πŸ˜‚ I can go into any Arab clothing store and have find the best drip in a multitude of styles and colors, all of which were worn historically by Arabs

Here are the Tutsis (obviously admixed with Bantu), but they retained their version of the hangool and their two cloth outfit and modernised it.

Why can't Somali men do something like this?

Or just admit a lot of you are Arab wannabes and call yourselves Akhi and Ukthi, damiir laawes.

View attachment 295910
Their clothes are amazing, the difference is their ancestors actually wore them and it is common to find and would like amazing in public, this can't be said for go and marro which will make you look crazy

The problem with this is it doesn't make you feel good because your ancestors never wore it, it is just some new fabricated clothing which you altered to look nice according to you, whereas Arab clothing has always looked like this

The fact we need them tailored just shows how simple and bad our clothes look πŸ˜‚ I can go into any Arab clothing store and have find the best drip in a multitude of styles and colors, all of which were worn historically by Arabs

Their clothes are amazing, the difference is their ancestors actually wore them and it is common to find and would like amazing in public, this can't be said for go and marro which will make you look crazy

Somalis wore the exact same clothes as Tutsis, the only difference is that Tutsis still wear their clothes, with a slight modern twist, to their weddings. Meanwhile Somali diasporan men insist on acting as if their male ancestors were naked.

1695834401226.png

1695834413821.png

1695834456321.png

1695834465733.png

1695834477889.png

Cush

Cushite Arab
Somalis wore the exact same clothes as Tutsis, the only difference is that Tutsis still wear their clothes, with a slight modern twist, to their weddings. Meanwhile Somali diasporan men insist on acting as if their male ancestors were naked.

View attachment 295913

View attachment 295914

View attachment 295915

View attachment 295916

View attachment 295917
No they have a go and marro which looks way more qurux and reer magaal and it is altered with special designs and a nice patterned macawiis which they all have in common, whereas our ancestors wore the classical Cushitic go and marro which was for nomads, very simple and doesn't look like something you'd wear to beautify yourself or to celebrate, they look completely different.

I don't think anyone would wear the Somali go and marro in public but the Rwandan one looks good.

:mjdontkno: Even our ancient Arab ancestors wore this before the expansion of the Persians and Zagros Indo Europeans kkkkkkk it's true what they say, nomads are the enemies of culture

I also have an issue with the Omani style hat that our elders wear, BUT AT LEAST that hat was made in Barawe and other parts of South Somalia and thus, is part of Somalia-nised tradition.

The Khaleeji robes? No, that's just open plagiarism and shameful!

I have never even seen a shop that sells these robes, which makes me think they actually travel to Arab countries to purchase these outfits, so they can look like dad la adoonsaday on their wedding day.

Barawe hats, made by multi-ethnic (mixed-race) Somalis.

Cush

Cushite Arab
No they have a go and marro which looks way more qurux and reer magaal and it is altered with special designs and a nice patterned macawiis which they all have in common, whereas our ancestors wore the classical Cushitic go and marro which was for nomads, very simple and doesn't look like something you'd wear to beautify yourself or to celebrate, they look completely different.

I don't think anyone would wear the Somali go and marro in public but the Rwandan one looks good.

:mjdontkno: Even our ancient Arab ancestors wore this before the expansion of the Persians and Zagros Indo Europeans kkkkkkk it's true what they say, nomads are the enemies of culture

Uhuh and what's stopping Somali men from getting custom-made outfits, just like their brides?!

Our awoowes never wore it like this so how can we feel pride with these random newly adopted clothes? All Arab clothes were worn historically
The actual beautiful clothes were the Omani style ones but yet again it's foreign :mjcry:

What's new about wearing two White cloths? It's the exact thing our ancestors wore. The only difference is the colourful belt and dress shirt.

Cush

Cushite Arab
Uhuh and what's stopping Somali men from getting custom-made outfits, just like their brides?!
Somali women clothes are different, since the time of the Akkadians our women have worn multi colored dressing so it's not a big deal, but if we were to make Somali male clothes nice it would be a complete alteration to our ancestral clothing

Here is pictures of Akkadian cultural clothes (of course they were not white but Cushitic, verified by the bible) the man is even wearing macawiis
1695835336970.png
1695835342005.png

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
But they have a reason to wear it

They’re Saudi footballers making hundreds of millions
In all seriousness who am i to tell them what to wear or not to wear? If i'm gonna be honest with you this is the least of my concerns, nowadays somali weddings in the west have loud hip-hop/rap music with inappropriate language and people are wearing non-modest clothes. I rather focus on this before looking at their cultural attire.

Maybe 100 years ago
it has always been white people culture, they were able to colonise peoples minds to wear suits aswell, they are so good at spreading their culture you think it was 100 years ago, it is and always will be from white ppl

The area I'm in is full of sudanese people, and there's always this sudani and his kids who attend jum3a prayer in full saudi attire. I've seen another sudani do that too in the same mosque
That's a very small sample though. Generally speaking Sudanis don't like Saudi thobe/jellabiya because of the collar and overall tightness.

Why would it be caadi? It’s like wearing pakistani or turkish clothes. It makes us look retarded.
:umwhat:
Now am actually curious. Why do you have a problem with it? To me, it’s the same as wearing a suit to your wedding ( or at least very similar to it). It’s normal to be influenced
Influenced by others in what way? Western raised boys wearing western clothes, I get it. Arab raised boys wearing arab clothes, I get it.

But why would western Somalis wearing Saudi clothes? It’s a mix of low self esteem for their own dhaqan and some Somalis thinking anything Arab is peak Islam.
maybe they got it from their parents that were born in Somalia and were therefore maybe influenced by Arabs?