What does your family call this?

How does your family say the following word

• Canjeelo

• Laxoox

• Canjeero

Results are only viewable after voting.
There’s even pretty clear differences within those areas too. Like I’m pretty sure most Somali people could tell the difference between reer Hargeisa/reer Burco.

Different words too, I know in Ceerigaabo they’ll say “gacaliye” go to Borama and it’s “huuno”
Hunno is a common word in Djibouti too.

Ciise, Gadabursi, Sacad Muse, Jidwaaq, and Northern Ogaden all use it.

Hunno is a common word in Djibouti too.

Ciise, Gadabursi, Sacad Muse, Jidwaaq, and Northern Ogaden all use it.
Of course. My point was even within the Waqooyi dialect, there’s differences based on areas which people live in. Sacad Muse in Gabiley and Muse Ismacil in Ceeri both have the same dialect, but differences based on the groups they come into contact with regularly.

Of course. My point was even within the Waqooyi dialect, there’s differences based on areas which people live in. Sacad Muse in Gabiley and Muse Ismacil in Ceeri both have the same dialect, but differences based on the groups they come into contact with regularly.
The accents are different but the words are the same.

Ciise and Gadabursi in Sitti and Fafan have different accents to those in Djibouti and Awdal. There's even more sub accents.

My dad speaks with a Mudug accent and my mom speaks with a Mudug accent as well, but there's also a bit of Xamar influence. I honestly don't have any accent, it sounds very neutral. My Somali is good btw, but it doesn't have any detectable Somali accent. You really can't tell where I'm from based on the way I speak. I think this is common among those born in the diaspora in general

attash

Amaan Duule
Canjeelo, from SSC. It seems like canjeelo is northeastern, laxoox is northwestern, and canjeero is southern.