How does your family say the following word

• Canjeelo

• Laxoox

• Canjeero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Never bruh.:noneck: I've heard of Habar yunis and Habar gidir tho. My family was keen on keeping us out of qabyaalid. All they told us was what tribe we were, and that's it:deadosama: I do wish they did a neutral factual education of basic Somali sub tribes info tho, they were terrified we would become clannist khat chewing people that they took too extreme of a path.
The problem with clans is when you feel that attachment everything you see about them you take personal, the good or the bad. But you can’t control any of it you just gotta pray you got competent clan elders.

It’s like supporting a football club

Dalac Bilaash

☠ Emperor of The Horn ☠
Δ° get laxoox is from those crazy niggas in waqooyi but wtf is Canjeelo it is called Canjeero never heard Someone saying Canjeelo

I thought they called Sabaayad 'kimis'??
Yes, Sabaayad is referred to as Kimis. It is actually an ancient word (Rendille Kibis) related to Arabic word Khubz(bread).

Funny thing about Sabaayad is that in Yemen Sabayah is used to describe this pastry:
1724269191762.jpeg

and then it gets more confusing because some Yemenis refer to what we call Sabaayad as Malawach:

1724269430619.jpeg

Malawach Yemeniya 🀣

Last edited:

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
The problem with clans is when you feel that attachment everything you see about them you take personal, the good or the bad. But you can’t control any of it you just gotta pray you got competent clan elders.

It’s like supporting a football club
And being blood related makes it personal I guess.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
Δ° get laxoox is from those crazy niggas in waqooyi but wtf is Canjeelo it is called Canjeero never heard Someone saying Canjeelo
I was thinking the same, tf is an L doing in there. Canjeero doesn't sound somali already but put in an L and I'm confused.

And being blood related makes it personal I guess.
Kinda. I’m way more into tribal stuff than my sister, only because I’ve actually met clan elders + sat in meetings and stuff. She never really cared because she just never took part in anything clan related really.

At the end of the day We’re all qaxooti being blood-related to a clan back home doesn’t matter in the West