How does your family say the following word

• Canjeelo

• Laxoox

• Canjeero

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Interesting. I assumed that all the sub clans that started with "Habar" were hawiye, had no idea that many were isaaq :leon: There is too many somali clans :heh: I need a graph that shows a visual breakdown :deadosama:
Say wallahi you've never heard of a habar awal before

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
The bottom part didn’t lie about it being simplified.There’s other clans left out
It was a cadaan guy who complied it from another cadaan guy whilst adding what he could find. Pretty good job considering that. Here's the book:
20240821_220229.jpg

Yaraye

VIP
Say wallahi you've never heard of a habar awal before
Never bruh.:noneck: I've heard of Habar yunis and Habar gidir tho. My family was keen on keeping us out of qabyaalid. All they told us was what tribe we were, and that's it:deadosama: I do wish they did a neutral factual education of basic Somali sub tribes info tho, they were terrified we would become clannist khat chewing people that they took too extreme of a path.

Sa_Male

We are born in the same year warya :wtfdis:
Ik but really considering my life experiences I feel as if I'm most people's senior in most respects. I find people double my age to be idiots and I can go toe to toe with any person on this forum, humbly of course πŸ˜”

Yaraye

VIP
I KNEW YOUR KNOWLEDGE WAS LIMITED BUT I NEVER KNEW IT WAS THIS LIMITED YOU KNOW NOTHING WALLAHI 😭😭😭 REER KOONFUUR MEANS PEOPLE OF THE SOUTH :jcoleno: :mjcry: :damn:
Oh! Good to know, i had no idea.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

my family were strict in not telling us about somali qabiils or anything remotely close to that subject :stressed:

Sa_Male

why would you call us out like that?! :damn::mjcry:
It's the truth, you may welcome each other despite qabil (which doesn't nearly happen as much in the uk) but you don't know about your roots,(which is unfortunate really)

Sa_Male

Never bruh.:noneck: I've heard of Habar yunis and Habar gidir tho. My family was keen on keeping us out of qabyaalid. All they told us was what tribe we were, and that's it:deadosama: I do wish they did a neutral factual education of basic Somali sub tribes info tho, they were terrified we would become clannist khat chewing people that they took too extreme of a path.
How comes you heard of my clan but not habar awal, I'm curious......

Yaraye

VIP
It's the truth, you may welcome each other despite qabil (which doesn't nearly happen as much in the uk) but you don't know about your roots,(which is unfortunate really)
I had a friend that I knew since i was in elementary. I recently went to her wedding and found out her clan due to the buranbur song :dead1:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not true.

The alleged relationship between Hawiye and Isaaq is nonsensical. Most Isaaq are related to Dir and both are mostly haplogroup T. Whereas Hawiye are mostly EV32.

And even the one Isaaq clan that is Ev32, is 3000 years away from sharing an ancestor with Hawiye clans.

Long story short; it's all based on a political alliance.

Yaraye

VIP
It's not true.

The alleged relationship between Hawiye and Isaaq is nonsensical. Most Isaaq are related to Dir and both are mostly haplogroup T. Whereas Hawiye are mostly EV32.

And even the one Isaaq clan that is Ev32, is 3000 years away from sharing an ancestor with Hawiye clans.

Long story short; it's all based on a political alliance.
where do you get this kind of knowledge sis? I want in too.