What is the outcome we southerners want.

Are you for letting somaliland go?

• Yes

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • If won by war

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Oh I know all about that trust imagine saying you want to secede because your people democratically voted for independence when in reality was only the Isaaq clan so if Somalia ever entertains this idea of giving them independence then they should only give it to those clans that want it.

Somaliland is not going to be recognized by the FGS but by their independence borders of 1960 which includes not clans but a national public.
On the dissolution of the tribe protectorate agreements, tribes were no longer a legal entity.
A simple majority will win the day and the entire territory will be liberated from the south.
A majority of Somaliland's public support it's independence. Harti do not control territory in any legal sense. It's a legal situation not a defacto military situation which you are mixing up.

When Ethiopia say they are going to recognize Somaliland, you know it's the independence border but then you start talking about clans when they have no basis in law which confuses a lot of people. There is no such thing as clan based secession.

There won't even be a referendum to be honest, it's not required because SL existed on independence it's enough to recongize it. If Harti as an entitiy are so significant why don't they bring an end to the SL independence movement? Why don't they by militiary force take over the region? Or are you exageratting wildly as usual?
I think your in your feelings how can Somaliland want independence from Somalia yet want to subjugate clans that don’t want to be apart of this isaaq project also last I checked I could be wrong Somaliland does not control sool, and Sanaag if let’s say somaliland were to negotiate a divorce from Somalia because this is what the international community wants then Somaliland will have to let those clans go because they want to be part of Somalia.

I think your in your feelings how can Somaliland want independence from Somalia yet want to subjugate clans that don’t want to be apart of this isaaq project also last I checked I could be wrong Somaliland does not control sool, and Sanaag if let’s say somaliland were to negotiate a divorce from Somalia because this is what the international community wants then Somaliland will have to let those clans go because they want to be part of Somalia.

I don't think any conversation would ever involve giving those regions to Italian Somaliland. The AU wouldn't accept it. They were never part of Italian Somaliland. Either the union remains or is dissolved, there's no third option.

You obviously care more about those few people on the border regions (who have freedom and democratic rights) than the majority of people in Somaliland that Italian Somaliland has subjugated for decades and is still holding them back. Where's the democracy for Somaliland if it returns to the union? What track record has the FGS got for anything? It's much worse for Somaliland to return to the union than for the eastern region Sool and Sanaag to remain as Somaliland.

So why bother arguing that you should do be able to do this to Somaliland?
You keep thinking about greater Somalia when you should be thinking about developing the country you already have. You know Italian Somaliland has nothing to offer so you make these hypocritical arguments. Some of your politicians already realize you should change your approach completely because 80 years after independence there's nothing to show for it. Forget about greater Somalia and make Italian Somaliland Great Again.

Last edited:
I don't think any conversation would ever involve giving those regions to Italian Somaliland. The AU wouldn't accept it. They were never part of Italian Somaliland. Either the union remains or is dissolved, there's no third option.

You obviously care more about those few people on the border regions (who have freedom and democratic rights) than the majority of people in Somaliland that Italian Somaliland has subjugated for decades and is still holding them back. Where's the democracy for Somaliland if it returns to the union? What track record has the FGS got for anything? It's much worse for Somaliland to return to the union than for the eastern region Sool and Sanaag to remain as Somaliland.

You keep thinking about greater Somalia when you should be thinking about developing the country you already have. You know Italian Somaliland has nothing to offer so you make these hypocritical arguments. Some of your politicians already realize you should change your approach completely because 80 years after independence there's nothing to show for it. Forget about greater Somalia and make Italian Somaliland Great Again.
Somaliland is never going to get independence unless it wins in a war of independence or what the U.N has set as a precedent which is the separatists have to negotiate with the country they want to separate from, and for that to happen those clans that don’t want to be part of Somaliland will have to be given a choice you cannot say we want to separate from Somalia because it is our wishes and then subjugate other Somali clans that don’t want to be part of Somaliland these fake borders don’t matter, and you say Somalia has nothing to offer interesting because the most fertile lands are in Somalia, it’s GDP is bigger then Somaliland, its population is bigger, it’s allies are bigger lmao at you thinking your coming at me when you yourself is a in the west why aren’t you in Somaliland?

Somaliland is never going to get independence unless it wins in a war of independence or what the U.N has set as a precedent which is the separatists have to negotiate with the country they want to separate from, and for that to happen those clans that don’t want to be part of Somaliland will have to be given a choice you cannot say we want to separate from Somalia because it is our wishes and then subjugate other Somali clans that don’t want to be part of Somaliland these fake borders don’t matter, and you say Somalia has nothing to offer interesting because the most fertile lands are in Somalia, it’s GDP is bigger then Somaliland, its population is bigger, it’s allies are bigger lmao at you thinking your coming at me when you yourself is a in the west why aren’t you in Somaliland?

Somalia doesn't have government in the south. That should be your focus not trying to create bad moral argument for why Somaliland is subjugating people when you intend to do worse to more people.

Yes im in favor of it, ideally fully intact but thats not possible obviously nor ideal. Somaliweyne is a dead ideology, worry about keeping puntland in the union.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

The distance from Ceelaayo to Xadhaadhanka is equal to the distance from Wajaale to Ceerigaabo.

The line of longitude that divides northern Somalia into two equal pieces of land runs through Oog. Oog is the midpoint of northern Somalia.

:drakelaugh:

The distance from Ceelaayo to Xadhaadhanka is equal to the distance from Wajaale to Ceerigaabo.

The line of longitude that divides northern Somalia into two equal pieces of land runs through Oog. Oog is the midpoint of northern Somalia.

:drakelaugh:

We are talking about Somaliland. Not northern Somalia. And people not territory.

Comment Foxx GIF by EsZ  Giphy World

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Think of northern Somalia as a right triangle with a base of 750 km, a height of 450 km, and a hypotenuse of 875 km.

Q: what happens to area as you go right from point A towards point B of the triangle?
A: area of triangle quadruples when base doubles.
Triangle.png

Area to the left of the red line, is only 25% of the total area of the triangle.
Similarly, only 25% of the land area of northern Somalia is west of Oodweyne.

As you get closer to the former British-Italian border, land area grows exponentially.

Trending

Latest posts