Which regions in Somalia/somaliweyn have the highest fertility rates

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Good healthcare and making food available. I’d like if we stayed as rural and not urbanise too quick. We’ve got a lot of catching up to do to reach Kenya’s population and are a gazillion miles behind Ethiopia
Exactly . Right now people living in baadiyo have no access to these things.

Even in Baydhabo which is a city of over a million people travel to xamar for caafimaad. So imagine baadiyo regions .

bidenkulaha

GalYare
C8E1E0AE-F74A-442A-A7D1-C6C38F6D347A.jpeg
a report from 2012 talking about this.

SL and PL have higher levels of education and lower level of poverty so are seeing bigger falls in TFR.

Probably only got worse since with Shabaab ridden south while the North developed

At this point they estimated 70% South-central, 20% SL, 10% PL population split.

Looking bad for Mursade/waceysle/duduble. At least HG and the other two Abgaal subs still have big population in the countryside. The former clans I mentioned all moved to xamar pretty much

The bulk of Murusade live in lower shabelle. Shalamboot, Qoryoley, Buulo mareer, Daafeed, Kurtunwaareey, Afgooye etc. The Italian census had Murusade as the largest Hawiye in Merca and a close 2nd in Baraawe. My uncles live in an area south of Buulo Mareer.

The bulk of Murusade live in lower shabelle. Shalamboot, Qoryoley, Buulo mareer, Daafeed, Kurtunwaareey, Afgooye etc. The Italian census had Murusade as the largest Hawiye in Merca and a close 2nd in Baraawe. My uncles live in an area south of Buulo Mareer.
Yeah there is a big Mursade presence in Lower Shabelle especially around Afgooye area

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Urban areas see declines in TFR. Mostly because of education, lack of ability to fund the lifestyle required for multiple children in city life etc.

It’s why I quite like us in Galmudug staying as baadiyo ppl. SL and PL in general is seeing declines in TFR as expected. I’d rather we in Galmudug delay that till 2040+
biggest reer miyi population is sool,puntland,sanaag, stop talking out of u ass

Last edited:
biggest reer miyi population is sool,puntland,sanaag, stop talking out of u ass
sool have quite low miyi population. Roughly 200k in 2014. Almost no rural population in places like sool, nugaal, bari and toghdeer for example. just nomadic or urban. Rural population non existent anywhere north of Mudug except Awdal. @Arkan l
What are you guys doing different in baadiyo to have such a high rural population compared to the rest of north Somalia?

98142077-51DC-4861-851A-44A883C0D3E8.jpeg

Places

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Both sool and sanaag have quite low miyi population. Almost no rural population in places like sool, nugaal, bari and toghdeer for example. just nomadic or urban. Rural population non existent anywhere north of Mudug except Awdal. @Arkan l
What are you guys doing different in baadiyo to have such a high rural population compared to the rest of north Somalia?

View attachment 286884
Places
60% of sool are reer miyi what u on, using inaccurate static ain't proving shit if that was the case our birth rate wouldn't be 8

60% of sool are reer miyi what u on, using inaccurate static ain't proving shit if that was the case our birth rate wouldn't be 8
I’m not using inaccurate sources that was the UN 2014 population estimate which is the only reliable population source we have currently. I think it’s bogus but it’s what we go off

View attachment 286879 a report from 2012 talking about this.

SL and PL have higher levels of education and lower level of poverty so are seeing bigger falls in TFR.

Probably only got worse since with Shabaab ridden south while the North developed

At this point they estimated 70% South-central, 20% SL, 10% PL population split.
I saw a 2020 report that had PL at 6.8 TFR looks like they underestimated back in 2012

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Looking bad for Mursade/waceysle/duduble. At least HG and the other two Abgaal subs still have big population in the countryside. The former clans I mentioned all moved to xamar pretty much
Wacaysle still have a large rural population. They exclusively live in a huge chunk of land (100km Budbud-Mareeg, 150km Masagaway-Xarardhere). Whatever land they abandon for Xamar is just filled in by their clansmen who stayed and now have more land to raise more kids in.

The only Abgaals that urbanised beyond repair are Reer mataan, which is understandable considering Xamar and its environs is their ancestral territory so they never really moved to the city, the city moved to them.

Wacaysle still have a large rural population. They exclusively live in a huge chunk of land (100km Budbud-Mareeg, 150km Masagaway-Xarardhere). Whatever land they abandon for Xamar is just filled in by their clansmen who stayed and now have more land to raise more kids in.

The only Abgaals that urbanised beyond repair are Reer mataan, which is understandable considering Xamar and its environs is their ancestral territory so they never really moved to the city, the city moved to them.
That’s good to hear.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
I'd guess the most nomadic = most fertile as a general rule.

The more urban you are the less your fertility

sool have quite low miyi population. Roughly 200k in 2014. Almost no rural population in places like sool, nugaal, bari and toghdeer for example. just nomadic or urban. Rural population non existent anywhere north of Mudug except Awdal. @Arkan l

View attachment 286884
Places
We have a large Agropastoral population.