White man complains about not feeling welcomed in Somalia

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@KaiMarvin @Laiss

We are Black, African, Muslim & Arab. Arab is not an ethnic marker, it is a marker of civilizational allegiance. I am Arab insofar as that is a political identity. Arab long ago ceased to be a biological term. Think of Arab as the same as "western". We are part of Arab Muslim civilization. in the same way that Barack Obama is part of "Western Christian" civilization.

@KaiMarvin @Laiss

We are Black, African, Muslim & Arab. Arab is not an ethnic marker, it is a marker of civilizational allegiance. I am Arab insofar as that is a political identity. Arab long ago ceased to be a biological term. Think of Arab as the same as "western". We are part of Arab Muslim civilization. in the same way that Barack Obama is part of "Western Christian" civilization.

Remember Call Of Duty GIF by Call of Duty World League

There is no basis for us claiming to be black. We have nothing similar with a man from Congo except the colour of our skin and there are many races with dark skin that aren’t considered black. However some Somalis are black like Somali Bantus and some have Arab heritage like Daroods and Cadcads.

There is no basis for us claiming to be black. We have nothing similar with a man from Congo except the colour of our skin and there are many races with dark skin that aren’t considered black. However some Somalis are black like Somali Bantus and some have Arab heritage like Daroods and Cadcads.
daroods lmaooo

The problem with that statement is that we don't speak arabic as a our native tongue, THAT is what it means to be arab these days.

You don't see oromos or the habesha doing the same, we are close to the middle east and in their sphere of influence yes. But we are our own distinct people. You are simply reducing our history to a meaningless term
We are not Arab nor are close to the middle east

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
I hope you're trolling, our ancestors would be pissed off. The british documented the distain for arabs, hence why there were very little arabs in the interior or really anywhere.

We should play both sides.
If you knew anything about history our ancestors were the british. The modern white British are the impostors who swapped places with us after using tricks and lies. So much of our history was stolen from us like William shakespeare is a modern lie his real name was Warsame Sharmake he is somali.

What was that white dude even trying to accomplish by posting that video? It sounds like he's complaining that he isn't being worshiped for being white in Somalia like he does in other countries.

What was that white dude even trying to accomplish by posting that video? It sounds like he's complaining that he isn't being worshiped for being white in Somalia like he does in other countries.
How dare the Somalis not flock to me and ask for pictures just like in other Asian countries

Awdalite

Awdalite
@KaiMarvin @Laiss

Probably the most reasonable and fair statement on the issue of Somali identity. Excellently put.

No matter whether anyone likes it or not. We will always be part and parcel of the "Arab World" when defining our political aspirations, objectives and overall ideology.