Why do other Somalis despise Somaliland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
????
Speak English. I can't read or speak Somali.

Da fuq are you saying? I don't speak fob.

To the bottom one, he basically said: "Who said that, Are you sure Cali is a woman, how can that be, There has never been a woman called Cali, Who made sure of it [that you're a woman]"

What did he say the first time? I'm sure it was something rude.

"CaliSomali maxaa kaa siya niyaw, lama arag nin weyn oo habeen iyo maalin naago naasaha laalaadinaya sita, marna ragga sawiradooda baacsanaya."

HE loosely said: What's up with 'CaliSomali' man, You never see a big man, morning and night (aka 24/7) who uses a women's image one second and then the other second has a mans image as a DP.

When he says: "naago naasaha laalaadinaya sita" naago = woman, naasaha = breasts, laalaadinaya = swinging [them breasts around], I'm assuming he's talking about Beyonce and how she's a dancer, hence as to why "a woman who's swings her breasts around". I wouldn't say rude, just that he probably wasn't used to seeing a supposed male act like this. Are you m/f?

I'm confused is Cali short for California meaning your from the states, or is the 'Cali' in your name the somali name for Ali?

The 'C' letter in the somali language is like the 'ayn letter in the arabic language, he probably assumed you were a man who went by the name Ali (aka Cali) Somali, Somali from Cali(fornia).

"CaliSomali maxaa kaa siya niyaw, lama arag nin weyn oo habeen iyo maalin naago naasaha laalaadinaya sita, marna ragga sawiradooda baacsanaya."

HE loosely said: What's up with 'CaliSomali' man, You never see a big man, morning and night (aka 24/7) who uses a women's image one second and then the other second has a mans image as a DP.

When he says: "naago naasaha laalaadinaya sita" naago = woman, naasaha = breasts, laalaadinaya = swinging [them breasts around], I'm assuming he's talking about Beyonce and how she's a dancer, hence as to why "a woman who's swings her breasts around". I wouldn't say rude, just that he probably wasn't used to seeing a supposed male act like this. Are you m/f?

I'm confused is Cali short for California meaning your from the states, or is the 'Cali' in your name the somali name for Ali?

The 'C' letter in the somali language is like the 'ayn letter in the arabic language, he probably assumed you were a man who went by the name Ali (aka Cali) Somali, Somali from Cali(fornia).
Wow people here are funny wallahi. Little things that I do without ever addressing them bother so many. People have harped on what I do and what I wear without even knowing me, and some have even gotten angry at me for asking questions like there aren't dozens of people doing the same everyday. Now my DP even bothers them.
:ayaanswag:
I'm kinda getting sick of all the negativity to be honest. I don't know why Somalis are so judgmental. It sometimes makes me not wanna use this forum. Almost everything I post gets attacked these days.

Thank you for the translation though. I really appreciate it.

Wow people here are funny wallahi. Little things that I do without ever addressing them bother so many. People have harped on what I do and what I wear without even knowing me, and some have even gotten angry at me for asking questions like there aren't dozens of people doing the same everyday. Now my DP even bothers them.
:ayaanswag:
I'm kinda getting sick of all the negativity to be honest. I don't know why Somalis are so judgmental. It sometimes makes me not wanna use this forum. Almost everything I post gets attacked these days.

Thank you for the translation though. I really appreciate it.

Ilaahay khayr haku siiyee, naga qari bahalahan kuus kuusan, ee soo taagan sida waranka.

Nuur Iidan aanu isugu kiin ducaynee, billaahi caleek naga soo astur alaabtan.

Automatically you are a fob if you speak and write somali according to this generation.

I assumed everyone on this platform could at least understand the somali being written, but apparently not. Why don't Somalis in the west copy the asians (US Asians - Chinese,Koreans etc) and create Weekend schools where the kids learn the somali language (Reading, writing, going through poems with them and helping them be able to understand what the poet is saying) etc. But, no, most of our parents just assume the kid will pickup the language. Some somalis are 25+ with no grasp on our lunar, it's embarrassing and sad. :ileycry::noneck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending