Why doesn’t Alshabab make a political party and join elections ?

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Al shabab is staunchly against democracy unlike the Muslim brotherhood who were more pragmatic

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Many reasons but I’ll start with the primary one: They consider the entire government set up as illegitimate, it’s kind of their whole thesis. They consider the government and anyone that is part of it, illegitimate and non-Muslims and fair game for their depraved violence.

Aside from their existential issue with taking part in Somali politics are some other issues.

1. Virtually everyone in Al-Shabaab are wanted criminals due to waging terrorists acts against our people. It is a big ask to just ignore their crimes and unfair on the victims to suddenly make them legitimate politicians.

2. Al-Shabaab makes a lot of money from their current set up. They are a mafia that extort poor Somalis with “taxes” and extort businesses with “protection money” alongside the millions they make from smuggling. To become a political party is to lose hundreds of millions a year. They care more about the money.

3. Most of Al-Shabaabs support base are either foreign fighters or tribal minorities in Somalia. While the first group should never be considered part of Somali politics, the second group are locked out of our political process due to 4.5. Those groups get more political incentive dealing with AS than the FGS and AS preys on their disenfranchisement to their benefit.

4. This is also the most obvious point, there is zero chance that they would be politically successful. If they actually were popular, they couldn’t be killing Somalis. They know that they can’t sway people with their policies so they’re striking fear through their senseless violence.

Bari

Garabsare
They’re against democracy and don’t recognise the current government as its backed by the US.

Many reasons but I’ll start with the primary one: They consider the entire government set up as illegitimate, it’s kind of their whole thesis. They consider the government and anyone that is part of it, illegitimate and non-Muslims and fair game for their depraved violence.

Aside from their existential issue with taking part in Somali politics are some other issues.

1. Virtually everyone in Al-Shabaab are wanted criminals due to waging terrorists acts against our people. It is a big ask to just ignore their crimes and unfair on the victims to suddenly make them legitimate politicians.

2. Al-Shabaab makes a lot of money from their current set up. They are a mafia that extort poor Somalis with “taxes” and extort businesses with “protection money” alongside the millions they make from smuggling. To become a political party is to lose hundreds of millions a year. They care more about the money.

3. Most of Al-Shabaabs support base are either foreign fighters or tribal minorities in Somalia. While the first group should never be considered part of Somali politics, the second group are locked out of our political process due to 4.5. Those groups get more political incentive dealing with AS than the FGS and AS preys on their disenfranchisement to their benefit.

4. This is also the most obvious point, there is zero chance that they would be politically successful. If they actually were popular, they couldn’t be killing Somalis. They know that they can’t sway people with their policies so they’re striking fear through their senseless violence.
Thx for the explanation bro

Nin123

The most misunderstood man in here.
VIP

Biggest BS I have ever read 😂 so you telling me Bantu and foreigners control ethnic Somali lands? Now am not denying there is foreigners fighting with al shabaab but claiming all of their members to be from minority and foreigners is 🧢 bulk of al shabaab members are Somali ethnic groups.

World

VIP
It would require them to concede power.

However if they were on the verge of defeat, they would probably do it.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Biggest BS I have ever read 😂 so you telling me Bantu and foreigners control ethnic Somali lands? Now am not denying there is foreigners fighting with al shabaab but claiming all of their members to be from minority and foreigners is 🧢 bulk of al shabaab members are Somali ethnic groups.

Nigga no one is disagreeing with you here.

Yeah most of their fighters are Somali, but from small tribes. Which is what I said.

This is a stated fact, AS leadership come from big qabiils but their soldiers are from small tribes that they extort.

Nin123

VIP

Yeah most of their fighters are Somali, but from small tribes. Which is what I said.

This is a stated fact, AS leadership come from big qabiils but their soldiers are from small tribes that they extort.
Another 🧢 small tribes is defeating the Somali army and holding huge territory? Last time I checked abgaal, HG and digil iyo merfli were bulk of al shabaab members. Stop lying nigga.

Their fighters in Galmudug/HS are mostly Hawiye and their fighters in KG/JL are mostly Raxanweyn and Jareeer. I think this Al Shabaab uses minorities to subjugate major clans narrative is wrong. They use minorities in regions where they don't have support base and can’t fetch fighters like Puntland but in South Somalia it's another case.

We can’t even define who is minority or not. A Somali Bantu is maybe a minority in Somalia but in Jilib and Jubada dhexe most people are from his stock

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Another 🧢 small tribes is defeating the Somali army and holding huge territory? Last time I checked abgaal, HG and digil iyo merfli were bulk of al shabaab members. Stop lying nigga.

Okay, let’s take another approach here:

If they come from major qabiils, what is the motivation for someone joining Al-Shabaab?

Okay, let’s take another approach here:

If they come from major qabiils, what is the motivation for someone joining Al-Shabaab?
Don't waste your time with that user. Once he realises he's in the wrong, he'll continue pushing his arguments obnoxiously as if they weren't debunked and then resort to ad hominem.

He keeps insisting I'm a liberal atheist too, by the way.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Their fighters in Galmudug/HS are mostly Hawiye and their fighters in KG/JL are mostly Raxanweyn and Jareeer. I think this Al Shabaab uses minorities to subjugate major clans narrative is wrong. They use minorities in regions where they don't have support base and can’t fetch fighters like Puntland but in South Somalia it's another case.

We can’t even define who is minority or not. A Somali Bantu is maybe a minority in Somalia but in Jilib and Jubada dhexe most people are from his stock

We can define a minority simply: A qabiil that is underrepresented in federal politics.

Is a Bantu person really represented either at a state level or an FMS level?

Yes, many D&M are represented politically but it is a confederation and many of their branches are locked out of the political process.

Even if we take away the qabiil context, virtually every AS fighter comes from a small tuulo that doesn’t even receive $5 in aid money, let alone FGS funds.

In that case, why would you be loyal to a federal government when there is AS with their hundreds of millions hiding out in your villages providing you a salary?

It is a representation and economic issue no matter what context you look at.

Nin123

VIP
Don't waste your time with that user. Once he realises he's in the wrong, he'll continue pushing his arguments obnoxiously as if they weren't debunked and then resort to ad hominem.

He keeps insisting I'm a liberal atheist too, by the way.
All your threads and comments about Islam is pretty gaal. Stop being obsessed with me Ms Doja.

They join for financial reason.
You don't even realise how daft you are...someone who comes from a minority qabil is more likely to be financially impoverished and thereby more likely to resort to joining Al-Shabaab.

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

What financial motivation? The $100 a month it is to be a foot soldier?

You can get the same pay, if not more being a government soldier.

So it’s not that.
How the f*ck do you just know everything?

:jaynerd:

I had to resort to good old fashioned logical reasoning to refute him but you just happen to know the Al-Shabaab salary compared to that of a government soldier?

Trending

Latest posts