Why is it fine and even a trend to mock Somali features?

Same features cadaans have e.g wide forehead. They are known for it and sometimes even rock their forehead, yet not a peep, yet if a Somali embraces his or her forehead he or she would be met with slander as if it's their fault they have wide foreheads. It's weird how there is so much vitrol against Somalis these days innocently uploading their pics without there being so much hate and aggressive comments left. Like people actually think we have one look that the world knows (let me not mention his name) and any Somali that doesn't fit into that bracket can not be Somali. Even generic somali men and women who has the typical phenotype are getting flamed in the comment section even seeing cadaan men saying "you cannot be somali no way" Irs kinda weird we can't be Somali in peace without ajanbis putting their two vile cents on the way we look. That's one of the reasons I deleted social media too much hate will ruin your mood.
I’m gonna mute you

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
I have seen them single out and mock various nationalities, like indians, nigerians, hatians, ethiopians, romanians and even chinese from the posts people on this forum have shared.

Just report them like Puntite Queen said, and move on. That's all you can do really.

I would say the same when it comes to your friends, if they mock your ethnicity, stop being friends with them and if people at school, work or any other public/professional setting do the same report them to the higher up or the police.

And then just move on like nothing happened and focus on your life. Complaining and ranting doesn't do you any good. Don't put too much energy into this and don't read to deep into it.
Idk if it's just me but I feel like having a big forehead isn't that big of a deal . I'd much rather get made fun of for having a big forhead as opposed to a big nose, lips, etc. It seems too insignificant to get offended over

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Same features cadaans have e.g wide forehead. They are known for it and sometimes even rock their forehead, yet not a peep, yet if a Somali embraces his or her forehead he or she would be met with slander as if it's their fault they have wide foreheads. It's weird how there is so much vitrol against Somalis these days innocently uploading their pics without their being so much hate and aggressive comments left. Like people actually think we have one look that the world knows (let me not mention his name) and any Somali that doesn't fit into that bracket can not be Somali. Even generic somali men and women who has the typical phenotype are getting flamed in the comment section even seeing cadaan men saying "you cannot be somali no way" Irs kinda weird we can't be Somali in peace without ajanbis putting their two vile cents on the way we look. That's one of the reasons I deleted social media too much hate will ruin your mood.

Somalis have beauty working for them, Haters will gather around

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Are you that ugly to be so insecure about features people wrongfully/righfully associate w ur ppl ? LMAO this shit kills me. Please don't ever post about this topic wallahi it's so embarrassing to here ppl complain

You said you are in uni at the moment right? Why not consider doing a semester abroad where there is a decent sized Somali community. A semester abroad in Ontario or Alberta, Canada, or in an area where there's decent amount of Somalis in Australia or in the US.

Honestly, I dunno what's with UK somalis. My brother and a childhood friend of mine live/work in Saudi, and some of the stories they tell me of how emotionally and mentally fragile a lot of UK brothers are is simply wild. Sometimes, a change of scenery would make a world of difference.

You said you are in uni at the moment right? Why not consider doing a semester abroad where there is a decent sized Somali community. A semester abroad in Ontario or Alberta, Canada, or in an area where there's decent amount of Somalis in Australia or in the US.

Honestly, I dunno what's with UK somalis. My brother and a childhood friend of mine live/work in Saudi, and some of the stories they tell me of how emotionally and mentally fragile a lot of UK brothers are is simply wild. Sometimes, a change of scenery would make a world of difference.
I'm not in education. In fact I haven't been in education for a longtime. Yh the uk is toxic and made me the way I am today.

I'm not in education. In fact I haven't been in education for a longtime. Yh the uk is toxic and made me the way I am today.

do you have a uni degree?
if so why not consider teaching in saudi/arabta? doesn't have to be a forever thing, could be for 1-2 years, reset yourself mentally in new place, closer to your deen and you get to fill up your pockets.

do you have a uni degree?
if so why not consider teaching in saudi/arabta? doesn't have to be a forever thing, could be for 1-2 years, reset yourself mentally in new place, closer to your deen and you get to fill up your pockets.
Yh I have a good degree. I can't leave my family home till im married which is understandable since I need a mahram when going abroad especially in places like Saudi Arabia. Hence why I'm trying to look for a spouse to have a fresh start. Someone who's willing to leave the west.

Yh I have a good degree. I can't leave my family home till im married which is understandable since I need a mahram when going abroad especially in places like Saudi Arabia. Hence why I'm trying to look for a spouse to have a fresh start. Someone who's willing to leave the west.

What kind of degree do you have? Cause I know Canada-UK-Australia have plenty programs where they facilitate work between those nations. Reason I know of it is because I used to be a teacher and was told about this program that I was eligible for after a couple years experience. They would basically facilitate and exchange program and you'd teach in that other country for a year or two.

Also if you wanted to, you can learn how to code/learn IT. I know for sure in Canada there is a huge demand for it specially when it comes in terms of women of color. My younger sister (4 years younger) is an intermediate software engineer and has hooked up a bunch of her friends into entry jobs, and she was saying it's much easier helping a woman then a man, because it's a male dominated industry. So being competent and a woman puts you heads and shoulders above a lot of competition.

Inshallah things work out for you abayo

What kind of degree do you have? Cause I know Canada-UK-Australia have plenty programs where they facilitate work between those nations. Reason I know of it is because I used to be a teacher and was told about this program that I was eligible for after a couple years experience. They would basically facilitate and exchange program and you'd teach in that other country for a year or two.

Also if you wanted to, you can learn how to code/learn IT. I know for sure in Canada there is a huge demand for it specially when it comes in terms of women of color. My younger sister (4 years younger) is an intermediate software engineer and has hooked up a bunch of her friends into entry jobs, and she was saying it's much easier helping a woman then a man, because it's a male dominated industry. So being competent and a woman puts you heads and shoulders above a lot of competition.

Inshallah things work out for you abayo
I don't want to say since I could have lurkers stalking me but it's a useful good degree. Tbh I'm not looking for work again I'm taking a rest for a while and hyper focusing on finding a spouse at the moment. But thanks for the recommendation appreciate it

Trending