• submissive

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • opinionated(afweyn)

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These people... how does submissive = lapdog? :what1:

In a healthy household, the final decision rests with the man of the house - and if his decision leads both of them over a cliff then it's merely collateral for hitching her wagon to him.

A good man will consult his wife on everything - but when their roads cross the final decision must rest with him and he'll carry all of its risks.

There can only be one final decision maker in a family.

Netero

Kim Jong Fun
These people... how does submissive = lapdog? :what1:

In a healthy household, the final decision rests with the man of the house - and if his decision leads both of them over a cliff then it's merely collateral for hitching her wagon to him.

A good man will consult his wife on everything - but when their roads cross the final decision must rest with him and he'll carry all of its risks.

There can only be one final decision maker in a family.
If the husband is wrong than the wife should not just go along with it. That's stupid. If he's so stubborn that he can't listen to his wife when she's right then the problem is with him sxb.

If the husband is wrong than the wife should not just go along with it. That's stupid. If he's so stubborn that he can't listen to his wife when she's right then the problem is with him sxb.

Of course a well adjusted man would go along with her decision. Couples should always counsel each other in all decisions - I'm not advocating for a domestic dictatorship.

When there's a stalemate, a good wife will acquiesce to her husband's decision. If it goes wrong, it'll be a risk they'll both be taking. There are risks in everything we do in life; how you manage that risk is what sets the good apart from the doqomo. If she's dumb/naive enough to marry a dayuus/Allo-sahal she'll have to live with the consequences or get her ass out of that household.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Of course a well adjusted man would go along with her decision. Couples should always counsel each other in all decisions - I'm not advocating for a domestic dictatorship.

When there's a stalemate, a good wife will acquiesce to her husband's decision. If it goes wrong, it'll be a risk they'll both be taking. There are risks in everything we do in life; how you manage that risk is what sets the good apart from the doqomo. If she's dumb/naive enough to marry a dayuus/Allo-sahal she'll have to live with the consequences or get her ass out of that household.
you're not explaining why the wife should defer to the husband, only that she should. what qualities does he possess that makes him better equipped?

you're not explaining why the wife should defer to the husband, only that she should. what qualities does he possess that makes him better equipped?

Biology. Plus we're better equipped to absorb the pressure. I'm speaking in terms of averages here, so of course there are exeptions.

That's the simple answer really. I know some of the girls here will find that a tough pill to swallow... :francis:

VixR

Veritas
Biology. Plus we're better equipped to absorb the pressure. I'm speaking in terms of averages here, so of course there are exeptions.

That's the simple answer really. I know some of the girls here will find that a tough pill to swallow... :francis:
Time.

Somali women are naturally loud mouth and view western female attitudes of submissiveness to their males beneath their dignity. I am talking about Somali women born and raised in Somalia. To these Somali females:

- Romantic expressions are not crucial to the success of marraige , they see romantic guys as softies
- How good a man is in bed, Or how bad does not weigh on their mind
- Stalking the husband due to the insecurity that plague western raised Somali females doesn't exist

So they have the luxury to scream at and insult their men while they go to bed with them at night without any repercussions as if nothing happened earlier in the day. It is common to see a Somali male exit the house while the wife screams behind him "aabahaa wase hasoo noqonin", but later he comes back quite as if nothing happened with both parties happy. Somalis in general talk to the female of the house before they meet the Oday :russ:

When they knock on the door, first question is "Hooyo ma joogtaa"?

I surely wouldn't want a loud woman that causes me stress every time I walk through the door, and argues about basically nothing.

Somali moms naturally scream both at their children and at their husbands bro. It is common. Ask around. It is not big deal and a man is supposed to be patient with his wife anyway and ignore her issues as long as it doesn't affect the well being of the family. Luckily, Somali males who grew up in Somalia or absorbed Somali culture tend to ignore the screams and focus on the more important issues of the household responsibilities.

The sacrifice women make to raise their children is far greater than the convenience of a man who shows up at the house as part of the kids and gets taken care of by his wife.

She earned the right to scream at him honestly and the right to be the male in the house even though she is the female. There should be no problem handling that and accepting the wife as such since she does carry the heaviest burden me thinks.

Somali males are good reading between the lines and not mess with the lioness in the house.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Somali moms naturally scream both at their children and at their kids bro. It is common. Ask around. It is not big deal and a man is supposed to be patient with his wife anyway and ignore her issues as long as it doesn't affect the well being of the family. Luckily, Somali males who grew up or absorbed Somali culture tend to ignore the screams and focus on the more important issues of the household responsibilities.

The sacrifice women make to raise their children is far greater than the convenience of a man who shows up at the house as part of the kids and taken care of by his wife.

She earned the right to scream at him honestly and the right to be the male in the house even though she is the female. There should be no problem handling that and accepting the wife as such since she does carry the heaviest burden me thinks.
Truth is I wasn't raised in Somalia, and my parents had a harmonious relationship and never yelled at each other or argued often. I definitely wouldn't tolerate a reckless wife with a temper issue that couldn't control herself. That's not saying I wouldn't want a strong woman, but since when was strength shown in disobedience to your husband? I would want a wise woman who would show opposition to me when I am clearly in the wrong, not for the sake of arguing, but to correct me and help guide me.

Truth is I wasn't raised in Somalia, and my parents had a harmonious relationship and never yelled at each other or argued often. I definitely wouldn't tolerate a reckless wife with a temper issue that couldn't control herself. That's not saying I wouldn't want a strong woman, but since when was strength shown in disobedience to your husband? I would want a wise woman who would show opposition to me when I am clearly in the wrong, not for the sake of arguing, but to correct me and help guide me.

Sonalis back home don't view a wife talking back to her husband as disobedience bro. It is normal. Her first reaction to you if you told her to quite and give deference to the husband would be "ma isagaa i adoonsaday ama isoo iibsaday"? meaning "Did he buy me in the slave market or he owns me? Also women are by default the rulers of the house in Somalia. Men don't really bother about who is calling the shots in the house or not, everyone seems to accept that the wife/mom of the house takes care of everything familial. In a way, the husband is a presence in the house and nothing more. His world where he exerts dominance or influence is out-side amongst his friends or clansmen.

Btw, these same women view Arabs as soft, so you won't survive a week in marriage arrangement with a Somali woman if you are raised in the middle east. May be today's younger generation of 20s view things differently, but in general, Somalis accept a woman can be herself both in how she expresses herself alongside her husband and that she is the primary person in the household.

I am cool with that arrangement. I got other things to do :russ:

I will happily point towards her in case someone wanted something relating to the family.

Last edited:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Sonalis back home don't view a wife talking back to her husband as disobedience bro. It is normal. Her first reaction to you if you told her to quite and give deference to the husband would be "ma isagaa i adoonsaday ama isoo iibsaday"? meaning "Did he buy me in the slave market or he owns me? Also women are by default the rulers of the house in Somalia. Men don't really bother about who is calling the shots in the house or not, everyone seems to accept that the wife/mom of the house takes care of everything familial. In a way, the husband is a presence in the house and nothing more. His world where he exerts dominance or influence is out-side amongst his friends or clansmen.

Btw, these same women view Arabs as soft, so you won't survive a week in marriage arrangement with a Somali woman. May be today's younger generation of 20s view things differently, but in general, Somalis accept a woman can be herself both in how she expresses herself alongside her husband and that she is the primary person in the household.
I was raised in the West, not Badiye so it's impossible for me to see eye to eye on everything Somali.

Status
Not open for further replies.