Xeedho or no xeedho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeesto

VIP
Just had some bomb ass muqmad iyo laxoox:lawd:
Our culture is lit wallahi :ohhhdamn: May Eebe bless the Hooyos who make this macaan stuff:rejoice:

mrlog

VIP
Hold the f*ck up:westbrookwtf::what1: You need dhaqan celis, west ga khalkhal ayu kugu riday:farole:
Real Geeljire drink shaah cadays with caano geel:samwelcome:

Caano geel is an exception.
I'm talkin bout Cadeys with caano lo'aad and kuwa riyaha.
:holeup:
Shaah bigeeys with xawaaji and 3 heaped tablespoons of un-refined brown sugar
:ahh:

Last edited:

Gambar

VIP
Lool you wouldn't be the first one to say that :siilaanyosmile: :gaasdrink:
I am just a dhaqan enthusiast:yacadiim:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wallahi all central to northern Somalis sound like waa yeel. Imagine a 6 year coming up to you talking to you as if they’re the same age as you. :farmajoyaab:

Wait, I was one of those kids. :noneck:

Jeesto

VIP
Wallahi all central to northern Somalis sound like waa yeel. Imagine a 6 year coming up to you talking to you as if they’re the same age as you. :farmajoyaab:

Wait, I was one of those kids. :noneck:
Factsss!!!!!!:2tjlv3e::ftw9nwa:

It's the caano geel huuno. Reer south had too much caano lo' that's why they're yara ciyal ciyaal and jileec af:chrisfreshhah:

Horta have u been to miyi before? How was it? :cosbyhmm: Ani Waligay ma aragg:noneck:

Jeesto

VIP
Thank you Jeesto, what a wonderful thread!!!
You're welcome sxb
hwIohsw.gif

Warya since yall hooyo mataalo and southern people. I'll just tell you about the xeedho tradition.

-Xeedho is a Waqooyi/northern somali tradition. There are two types of Xeedho, The muqumad one and the Macaan/Sabiib one. Xeedho is made by the girls family for the inlaws as a sumbol of the union of these two families and welcome the guy to the family circle. The 3rd night of the wedding week is when the xeedhos are exchanged in a colourful buraanbur and hido iyo dhaqan party by Sodohooyinka(Sodoh= mother in law).

Xeedho
shafis-6161.jpg

Maxawash = mashed dates with spices
10979509_1597506967152605_1868294593_n.jpg

Then there is the Muqumad:lawd: which is basically sun-dried beef jerky somali style fried in oil/butter mainly eaten by men.

10598196_276613432535837_510591947_n.jpg

Xeedho 2. It's full of different kinds of sweets, uunsi, sabeeb etc for women.
IMG_0782.jpg

After a month or so of the wedding, you return the Xeedho/Fijaan to the girls family and you've to fill it with gifts. Can be traditional dresses, money, perfumes etc

11272857_661166503983762_1921506739_n.jpg
u left out the whole point of it :siilaanyolaugh:

Ma xishoonaysa?

Status
Not open for further replies.