Xeedho or no xeedho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
No I just wanted to make sure that us darood don't take another L for having an atheist among us ayan hirsi is enough of a shame for us :mjcry:
So far all the atheists in this website are not darood so that is good:win:
I'm Darood and Christian, isn't that worse to you Jihad I heathens?

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
I'm shocked the majority have no idea what xeedho is lol wow

... I still don't understand what it is. :browtf: All I've deduced from this thread is that it's a traditional drum looking thing filled with food. Is it a partyceremony? Women only? Is it a reer lander/koonfur thing?

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
... I still don't understand what it is. :browtf: All I've deduced from this thread is that it's a traditional drum looking thing filled with food. Is it a partyceremony? Women only? Is it a reer lander/koonfur thing?
The women's family fills it with food. My mom had her drum for the longest time, idk what happened to it...

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
No I just wanted to make sure that us darood don't take another L for having an atheist among us ayan hirsi is enough of a shame for us :mjcry:
So far all the atheists in this website are not darood so that is good:win:
Don't talk about ayan hirsi, she's like my 5th cousin more related to me than you dhulbahante.

Sharkman-Demon

Mossad Agent
Ayeee my brother! I prefer Atheists over Jihadis anyday. Related by being outcasts and tribe :D. What are you beneath MJ?
Ayyyye sistah great to see more Somalis leaving the pagan arabian mafia cult, especially females which it's the worst to! Wow you're a MJ Christian, that's very interesting. I'm Osman Mahamud of MJ.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Warya since yall hooyo mataalo and southern people. I'll just tell you about the xeedho tradition.

-Xeedho is a Waqooyi/northern somali tradition. There are two types of Xeedho, The muqumad one and the Macaan/Sabiib one. Xeedho is made by the girls family for the inlaws as a sumbol of the union of these two families and welcome the guy to the family circle. The 3rd night of the wedding week is when the xeedhos are exchanged in a colourful buraanbur and hido iyo dhaqan party by Sodohooyinka(Sodoh= mother in law).

Xeedho
shafis-6161.jpg

Maxawash = mashed dates with spices
10979509_1597506967152605_1868294593_n.jpg

Then there is the Muqumad:lawd: which is basically sun-dried beef jerky somali style fried in oil/butter mainly eaten by men.

10598196_276613432535837_510591947_n.jpg

Xeedho 2. It's full of different kinds of sweets, uunsi, sabeeb etc for women.
IMG_0782.jpg

After a month or so of the wedding, you return the Xeedho/Fijaan to the girls family and you've to fill it with gifts. Can be traditional dresses, money, perfumes etc

11272857_661166503983762_1921506739_n.jpg
I'm marrying a reer waqooyi chick wallahi:ohhhdamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.