Adam lived 40 generations before Mohamed(PBUH) but science tells us humans have lived longer?

Celery

We finally beat Medicare 🎊 🎉
“Allah sent Noah (as a prophet) when he was forty years old, and he remained among them for one thousand years less fifty, calling them to Allah; after the Flood he lived for another sixty years, until the people increased in numbers and spread out.” This is the view of ibn Abbas and numerous and numerous sahaba, I don't think they came to these conclusions without hearing anything from the prophet
I’m not disputing that this is the view of Ibn Abbas

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
I’m not disputing that this is the view of Ibn Abbas
Are you disputing ibn Abbas was the prophets companion and cousin who spent innumerable amounts of time with him and would make up out of thin air that nuh lived around a thousand years? He was knows as the best interpreter of the Quran

Celery

We finally beat Medicare 🎊 🎉
Are you disputing ibn Abbas was the prophets companion and cousin who spent innumerable amounts of time with him and would make up out of thin air that nuh lived around a thousand years? He was knows as the best interpreter of the Quran
Also not disputing this

SaMale

Something to think about, some ulama say that there could have been humans before Adam or something similar to humans on earth before us, and they use the ayah And [recall] when your Lord said to the angels, “Indeed, I will make upon the earth a representative authority.” They said, “Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?” Allah said, “Indeed, I know that which you do not know.”2:30

Their theory which makes sense is that why would the angels say that to Allah? Think about it, the angels are all obedient to Allah and lack free will unlike us why would they say that? Did they see humans on earth who were shedding blood and causing corruption, I mean wasn't Adam supposed to be the first human? This is just opinion and theoretical manouvers, I agree, but overall, sahih hadiths are difficult to refute and any that can should be cross-referenced with the Quran

Almis

The Gulf of Berbera
Never heard of a hadith or an verse of Quran stating that, where did you get that info from show us the hadith or verse

Never heard of a hadith or an verse of Quran stating that, where did you get that info from show us the hadith or verse
it's commentary by early Muslim Scholars. Look it up.
You can even find it in the prophet's sirah/biography book, written by shaikh Rahman mubarkpuri from India.

SaMale

it's commentary by early Muslim Scholars. Look it up.
You can even find it in the prophet's sirah/biography book, written by shaikh Rahman mubarkpuri from India.
Look sahiib, if you have doubts about things that arent pure facts like the Quran than me or a million others can give you thousands of logical reasons why your doubts are wrong but it's still all theoretical, so your doubts and are refutations mean nothing, what's the point?

Almis

The Gulf of Berbera
Surah baqrah ayah 30
Wrong that ayah is talking about the creation of Adam as and how he ordered the angels and inblis to bow down to him. Again where is the ayah or hadith saying the Prophet counted 40 to Adam

Attachments

• IMG_4615.jpeg
    IMG_4615.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 29
Look sahiib, if you have doubts about things that arent pure facts like the Quran than me or a million others can give you thousands of logical reasons why your doubts are wrong but it's still all theoretical, so your doubts and are refutations mean nothing, what's the point?
Are you Muslim?

SaMale

وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَـٰٓئِكَةِ إِنِّى جَاعِلٌۭ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةًۭ ۖ قَالُوٓا۟ أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَن يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا وَيَسْفِكُ ٱلدِّمَآءَ وَنَحْنُ نُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِكَ وَنُقَدِّسُ لَكَ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّىٓ أَعْلَمُ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ ٣٠

˹Remember˺ when your Lord said to the angels, “I am going to place a successive ˹human˺ authority on earth.” They asked ˹Allah˺, “Will You place in it someone who will spread corruption there and shed blood while we glorify Your praises and proclaim Your holiness?” Allah responded, “I know what you do not know.

SaMale

Wrong that ayah is talking about the creation of Adam as and how he ordered the angels and inblis to bow down to him. Again where is the ayah or hadith saying the Prophet counted 40 to Adam
Waryaa read the bloody ayah and translation

How do you reconcile the two? We know from science and genetics that humans have lived for hundreds of thousands of years, yet Islam says Adam was the first man, and our prophet counts 40 generations to prophet Adamn which puts at a recent date, around 6,000-14,000 years ago according to some Islamic tradition. As a Muslim, how do you we reconcile these two?

It clearly doesn't make sense at all.

I am not gaal by the way.
I studied all of these things before I left Islam also how did Noah who came shortly after Adam have access to nails ?
وَحَمَلۡنَـٰهُ عَلَىٰ ذَاتِ أَلۡوَ ٰ⁠حࣲ وَدُسُرࣲ﴿ ١٣ ﴾

And We carried him on a (ship) made of planks and nails,

Wouldn’t this disprove the whole point of Islam how did a man who came shortly after Adam apparently the first homo sapien which means 250-300k years have access to nails which are made out of metal the copper age started only about 8000 years ago and the Iron Age only about 3000 years ago

SaMale

I studied all of these things before I left Islam also how did Noah who came shortly after Adam have access to nails ?

Wouldn’t this disprove the whole point of Islam how did a man who came shortly after Adam apparently the first homo sapien which means 250-300k years have access to nails which are made out of metal the copper age started only about 8000 years ago and the Iron Age only about 3000 years ago
Allah gave the resources to him he didn't collect them himself, what makes you think the nails were made of iron or copper etc they could've been a totally different metallic substance

Allah gave the resources to him he didn't collect them himself, what makes you think the nails were made of iron or copper etc they could've been a totally different metallic substance
Saxib use your brain for a second do you really think a ship that huge described to carry all animals and a good size of the population really used nails made out of bones 💀

Muhammad, peace be upon him, talked about 10 "quroon" between Adam and Noah, estimating Adam lived 10,000 years before Noah. Abraham lived around 100-200 years, suggesting 2,500 to 5,000 years between him and Noah. There is no info on time between Ibrahim and Moses – could be 1,000 to 100,000 years. If true, timeline could be at least 100,000 plus years from Adam to now. "Quroon" might mean a super long time, like an "eon" or age.

allah swt knows best

Really, that's the part that caught you by surprise? metal could have been present in Noah's time, maybe they just didn't find it yet.

Also, if you can believe in the rest of the story, why would that part bother you?

Trending