Adam lived 40 generations before Mohamed(PBUH) but science tells us humans have lived longer?

Muhammad, peace be upon him, talked about 10 "quroon" between Adam and Noah, estimating Adam lived 10,000 years before Noah. Abraham lived around 100-200 years, suggesting 2,500 to 5,000 years between him and Noah. There is no info on time between Ibrahim and Moses โ€“ could be 1,000 to 100,000 years. If true, timeline could be at least 100,000 plus years from Adam to now. "Quroon" might mean a super long time, like an "eon" or age.

allah knows best
Well, we know for sure that all humans who are alive today do have one male common ancestor so that's a good a sign. As much as I am referencing science and genetics, it doesn't explain why one man's lineage survived to father all modern humans, while everyone else's simply died. If we had all types of humans running around in all four corners of the world, then we simply couldn't have had all humans alive today converging to one common ancestor. It's not possible.
There's so much mystery.

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
War yaa Illahi yaqana I speak Arabic laakin somalida muran un ba lagu qaatay. Now tell me where is it says 40 generations till adam from Prophet?
View attachment 306062
I'm going to be polite here even tho I don't want to, when and where did I say that????? I used that ayah to explain why some scholars think Adam wasn't the first human like thing Allah created

Almis

The Gulf of Berbera
I'm going to be polite here even tho I don't want to, when and where did I say that????? I used that ayah to explain why some scholars think Adam wasn't the first human like thing Allah created
Walal you quoted my comment asking about where are the 40 generations the op claimed and you said ayah 30 of surat Baqarah. However, yes some scholars do claim that they might be adams (humans) before Adam as

Almis

The Gulf of Berbera
Brothers if scholars are not sure and were debating for hundreds of years about the lineage of Adnaan to Ismail as, how can you be sure about the generations from Prophet Muhammed pbuh to Adam as?? Its merely an ijtihad from a scholar that we shouldnโ€™t refute scientific evidence.

Two answers.

1. We don't know who lived before us and we don't care because it won't contribute anything important(i.e increase our Iman or increase our level in Jannah)

2. There is nothing saying that humans were the first creation on earth, and indeed we know that Jinn preceded man, and some scholars like Masoudi and Tabari
said that there were other pre-adamite races, but allah knows best.

hanif#

Somalo-Arab
So we have to ignore obvious facts? Stop trying to shut down any debate by throwing that in.
These are the facts
ูˆูŽู„ูŽู‚ูŽุฏู’ ุฃูŽุฑู’ุณูŽู„ู’ู†ูŽุง ู†ููˆุญู‹ุง ุฅูู„ูŽู‰ูฐ ู‚ูŽูˆู’ู…ูู‡ู ููŽู„ูŽุจูุซูŽ ูููŠู‡ูู…ู’ ุฃูŽู„ู’ููŽ ุณูŽู†ูŽุฉู ุฅูู„ู‘ูŽุง ุฎูŽู…ู’ุณููŠู†ูŽ ุนูŽุงู…ู‹ุง ููŽุฃูŽุฎูŽุฐูŽู‡ูู…ู ุงู„ุทู‘ููˆููŽุงู†ู ูˆูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ุธูŽุงู„ูู…ููˆู†ูŽ

Celery

We finally beat Medicare ๐ŸŽŠ ๐ŸŽ‰
These are the facts
ูˆูŽู„ูŽู‚ูŽุฏู’ ุฃูŽุฑู’ุณูŽู„ู’ู†ูŽุง ู†ููˆุญู‹ุง ุฅูู„ูŽู‰ูฐ ู‚ูŽูˆู’ู…ูู‡ู ููŽู„ูŽุจูุซูŽ ูููŠู‡ูู…ู’ ุฃูŽู„ู’ููŽ ุณูŽู†ูŽุฉู ุฅูู„ู‘ูŽุง ุฎูŽู…ู’ุณููŠู†ูŽ ุนูŽุงู…ู‹ุง ููŽุฃูŽุฎูŽุฐูŽู‡ูู…ู ุงู„ุทู‘ููˆููŽุงู†ู ูˆูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ุธูŽุงู„ูู…ููˆู†ูŽ
Archeological facts also exist. If you ignored those facts, you are not serious. You are disingenuous and not worth debating. Blocked

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
Lol where does it say Adam lived 40 gens before our prophet? Nothing in the Quran or sunnah states any timeline regarding the start of time or the generation till our prophet.

As a matter of fact, the prophet only used to count to about 14 forefathers and he called people who counted more ancestors (from his lineage) liars

In the books scholars of the scholars, 6000 years is cited because of its presence in the books of Christians and Jews but itโ€™s not divine knowledge hence we are bound to a timeline.

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
I trust you are aware that the estimation of hundreds of thousands of years is largely speculative and based on conjecture. While a majority posits this as the approximate age of the Earth, we acknowledge that various creations predate Adam. However, it's crucial to recognize that there is no conclusive scientific study pinpointing the origin of the first human or determining the exact timeframe of their existence.

Trending