Adam lived 40 generations before Mohamed(PBUH) but science tells us humans have lived longer?

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
If muhammed pbuh was the names they had called him he would’ve married strictly chiildren as he was very powerful and it was socetially accepted. However the trend in the ages of the women he had married points to a different story.

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
@Revolutionarry having a mind which questions everything is a burden however i think I’m at a stage where i have full confidence with the message of islam.

Personally i had rationalised the religion and defeated my doubts but what made me fall in love is the peace of mind islam gives me.

Make dua that your heart is content and for you to be guided by islam.

Our islam is a prize to hold dear to us. Allah loves the poorest firm believer than the most richest talented and attractive non believer.

Having the love of the creator of all things direct their love towards you is incomprehensibly awesome in every aspect that it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Humans lived longer and were bigger in the early prophet times.

I’m not taking a word from atheist that contradict this.
Same way I believe Musa(AS) split the sea with the power granted by Allah SWT.
Or better example would be the story of Suleyman aleyhis salam. See if he starts contradicting and talks about laws of physics because atheist said so.

Last edited:

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪

Humans all over the world have stories of giants.

Even pre-islamic society Somalis had stories of giant humans.

Habbad ina Kamas
(Giant)
Habbad ina Kamas was a legendary cruel giant who ruled half of ancient Somalia. Habbad oppressive rule was the complete opposite to the kindness and care that was bestowed upon the other half of the land ruled by the giant Biriir ina Barqo. He was eventually defeated and slain in battle by Biriir, when the latter found out about Habbad's tyranny.
Biriir ina Barqo
(Giant)
Biriir ina Barqo was a legendary heroic giant in ancient Somalia known for his just rule and kindness. He lived in a cave called Shimbiraale (the cave of birds) and used to wear a heavy ring that no man could lift. He answered the pleas of those suffering under the rule of the giant called Habbad and defeated him in battle. He then united the two lands and ushered in a long period of peace.

The age is not set in stone also it doesn’t really change anything when it comes towards the validity of the message.

People often use this argument as if it somehow points to a contradiction to the religion.

We know 6 as a child because of our modern day social values built by the luxuries of modern life.

For example in the animal kingdom when a animal is able to have children it immediately has them. Why because they aren’t afforded the luxuries we have as humans.

Imo it’s nothing to do with a perversion like pedophila.

It was just a matter of life back then.

Low quality of life = lower age of childbearing and more children.

It would be wild to think that every was a pedo or a pedo sympathiser until recent history.
I am not making that argument, I am not gaal.

People use this argument of things being different in those days when the prophet died in his 60s, as did Abu bakar, as did Omar, and Ali and Aisha. It's not like people had a life expectancy of 20 something years.

What I am saying is that it's more likely that there was a mistake made by those who perserved these hadiths in oral traditions. It's a lot easier to believe that to convince people Aisha was 6 years old just because that's what Islamic scholars say. This is the type of stuff that casts doubt in believing Muslims. My point is only the Quran deserves blind faith, everything else including hadiths should be scrutinized like hell, and if it makes no sense or portrays the religion or our Prophet(SAW) in the wrong way, then we should reject them and remove them from record.

Or better example would be the story of Suleyman aleyhis salam. See if he starts contradicting and talks about laws of physics because atheist said so.
I haven't read or listened to anything an atheist had to say. These questions have come to me organically. I am not going to believe dumb ass atheists, chill out.

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
People use this argument of things being different in those days when the prophet died in his 60s, as did Abu bakar, as did Omar, and Ali and Aisha. It's not like people had a life expectancy of 20 something years.

They were amongst the most affluent of their people when it came to healthcare and they died around 60 just imagine the life of the average person back then.

hadiths should be scrutinized like hell, and if it makes no sense or portrays the religion or our Prophet(SAW) in the wrong way, then we should reject them and remove them from record.
I agree only the Quran is infallible but where I disagree is altering the Hadith’s if it “makes the prophet look bad”

For majority of human history this marriage was not controversial. Islam had critics for a long time only recently has this marriage really been an issue of contention.

So should we alter the Hadith’s for the times we live in or the truth.

Only thing you should care about when it comes to hadith sciences is the reliability of the Hadith. Forgo our biases and social norms and look for the truth.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
My point is only the Quran deserves blind faith, everything else including hadiths should be scrutinized like hell, and if it makes no sense or portrays the religion or our Prophet(SAW) in the wrong way, then we should reject them and remove them from record.
So if multiple sahabah including Aisha r.a herself say one thing we should throw it out because why? The gaalo don’t like it

They were amongst the most affluent of their people when it came to healthcare and they died around 60 just imagine the life of the average person back then.

I agree only the Quran is infallible but where I disagree is altering the Hadith’s if it “makes the prophet look bad”

For majority of human history this marriage was not controversial. Islam had critics for a long time only recently has this marriage really been an issue of contention.

So should we alter the Hadith’s for the times we live in or the truth.

Only thing you should care about when it comes to hadith sciences is the reliability of the Hadith. Forgo our biases and social norms and look for the truth.
I get what you are saying but we are still capable of intellectual thoughts ourselves. The age is A CONTENTION, but people double down and take it at face value because they make the mistake of thinking that hadiths are just as infallible as the Quran when this couldn't be further from the truth.

I accept everything in the Quran, even if I don't understand, but hadiths are different since it relies entirely on the recollection of men/women who lived centuries after the Prophet died SAW, therefore I don't think it's being unreasonable at all to say this or that hadith just doesn't make sense.

So if multiple sahabah including Aisha r.a herself say one thing we should throw it out because why? The gaalo don’t like it
What do gaals have to do with this? What if some of these hadiths simply don't convince some of us Muslims? What then?

Also, if you have taken lessons on these hadiths from Qualified shaikhs you would know even the author admits of confliciting hadiths, and he dedicates so much time reconciling them.

I don't think you guys have read bukhari or muslim hadith from cover to cover.

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
I get what you are saying but we are still capable of intellectual thoughts ourselves. The age is A CONTENTION, but people double down and take it at face value because they make the mistake of thinking that hadiths are just as infallible as the Quran when this couldn't be further from the truth.

I accept everything in the Quran, even if I don't understand, but hadiths are different since it relies entirely on the recollection of men/women who lived centuries after the Prophet died SAW, therefore I don't think it's being unreasonable at all to say this or that hadith just doesn't make sense.
Your right their is no guarantee answer for her age. I said that in the link of the thread that i sent you.

The reason why people take the 9 year old Hadith more seriously is because it comes from a more reputable source.

When it comes to Hadith the chain or narration and the compiler is very important.

So we follow the most reputable source.

Muhammad al-Bukhari, perhaps the most famous collector of hadith, reportedly examined nearly 600,000 narrations, and eliminated all but approximately 7400.

The Hadith are not infallible like the quran so we have to take a grain of salt when examining the validity however it would need to take a decade of research of classical arabic and hadith history for a person to be considered having a respectable opinion on the matter.

Gacmeey

What do gaals have to do with this? What if some of these hadiths simply don't convince some of us Muslims? What then?
Convince you of what tho? The hadith is mutawatir (a bit debatable but is at the very least close to it) and coming from Aisha r.a herself

The chain of narration is Hisham who was told by his father Urwah ibn az-Zubayr who was Aisha’s nephew and that’s just the most famous one, there are many more narrations

People can try to play mental gymnastics and come to other other valid possibilities but it’s meaningless when Aisha r.a herself is telling us

Your right their is no guarantee answer for her age. I said that in the link of the thread that i sent you.

The reason why people take the 9 year old Hadith more seriously is because it comes from a more reputable source.

When it comes to Hadith the chain or narration and the compiler is very important.

So we follow the most reputable source.

Muhammad al-Bukhari, perhaps the most famous collector of hadith, reportedly examined nearly 600,000 narrations, and eliminated all but approximately 7400.

The Hadith are not infallible like the quran so we have to take a grain of salt when examining the validity however it would need to take a decade of research of classical arabic and hadith history for a person to be considered having a respectable opinion on the matter.
I think we are in agreement.
I think a lot of Muslims who haven't studied these literatures make the mistake of thinking that Islam as a religion is wrong rather than Muslims who collected certain literature widely used to corroborate the Quran and the life of the prophet got some things wrong. I am so glad I only started to question things after I have studied Islam rather than in my ignorant days. It would have been so easy to reject everything like many ex Muslims did/do.

Convince you of what tho? The hadith is mutawatir (a bit debatable but is at the very least close to it) and coming from Aisha r.a herself

The chain of narration is Hisham who was told by his father Urwah ibn az-Zubayr who was Aisha’s nephew and that’s just the most famous one, there are many more narrations

People can try to play mental gymnastics and come to other other valid possibilities but it’s meaningless when Aisha r.a herself is telling us
The thing is, normally you have more than one narration of the same hadith, and a lot of times these narrations are different. Sometimes, they give us the big picture but in different ways. Sometimes they straight up conflict and Bukhari himself or other authors have to commentate and tell us how they'd reconcile these conflicting narrations of the same story. Sometimes the author, let's say Bukhari straight up picks one narration over another. So it's not as easy Aisha said this when someone else also narrates the same story but completely differently. Which narration do you accept?

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
I think we are in agreement.
I think a lot of Muslims who haven't studied these literatures make the mistake of thinking that Islam as a religion is wrong rather than Muslims who collected certain literature widely use to corroborate the Quran and the life of the prophet got some things wrong. I am so glad I only started to question things after I have studied Islam rather than in my ignorant days. It would have been so easy to reject everything like many ex Muslims did/do.
Weak hadiths or hadiths which have been narrated by liars has never been something muslims hide away.

There are many books which speak about how certain narrators are unreliable.

The problem for the diaspora is theirs is a massive gate of entry for these islamic books as most of us don’t understand arabic and don’t have the complex understanding of the hadith.

This is nice video relating to this topic about weak/lying narrators.

Gacmeey

The thing is, normally you have more than one narration of the same hadith, and a lot of times these narrations are different. Sometimes, they give us the big picture but in different ways. Sometimes they straight up conflict and Bukhari himself or other authors have to commentate and tell us how they'd reconcile these conflicting narrations of the same story. Sometimes the author, let's say Bukhari straight up picks one narration over another. So it's not as easy Aisha said this when someone else also narrates the same story but completely differently. Which narration do you accept?
Bukhari isn’t the only complier of hadith tho, there are hundreds of books of hadiths. If there was another strong tradition stating otherwise it would’ve been reported. Don’t you think if there was another narration there would be some disputes about her age? No one has disagreed with the age of Aisha r.a till about the 18th century.

I am not making that argument, I am not gaal.

What I am saying is that it's more likely that there was a mistake made by those who perserved these hadiths in oral traditions. It's a lot easier to believe that to convince people Aisha was 6 years old just because that's what Islamic scholars say. This is the type of stuff that casts doubt in believing Muslims. My point is only the Quran deserves blind faith, everything else including hadiths should be scrutinized like hell, and if it makes no sense or portrays the religion or our Prophet(SAW) in the wrong way, then we should reject them and remove them from record.
This is similar to Quranist beliefs. Hadeeth is very important to understanding Quran, saheeh hadeeth cannot be ignored simply because they don't fit our modern scientific knowledge.

Internet Nomad

✪𝙉𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙜✪
This is similar to Quranist beliefs. Hadeeth is very important to understanding Quran, saheeh hadeeth cannot be ignored simply because they don't fit our modern scientific knowledge.
Quranists are a weird bunch because much of our deen comes from hadiths.

How do you reconcile the two? We know from science and genetics that humans have lived for hundreds of thousands of years, yet Islam says Adam was the first man, and our prophet counts 40 generations to prophet Adamn which puts at a recent date, around 6,000-14,000 years ago according to some Islamic tradition. As a Muslim, how do you we reconcile these two?

It clearly doesn't make sense at all.

I am not gaal by the way.
Past generations had a longer life span and there were also many Adams not just one. The human family had to restart many a times.

Trending