Am I missing something: Why are Somali men mad at this woman?

Btw alot of people backhome can live comfortably and be self sufficient if they are willing to work for it. Tailors, electricians, farmers etc

Somali women need to start a movement called 'We love a man that works, as long as it's halal'. We need to make it attractive for men to do manual labour. These men need to be working from sun up to sun down, instead of scrolling on social media. Those are the men that deserve nice meals, back rubs and intimate time. Not these soft life, soft handed, ma shaqaystayaal. I blame their ancestors for fostering this culture, but they need to grow up, and fight against the stigma of hard labour.

We need leaders in Somalia, to crack the whip on them, no job? Voluntary work. Don't want to work, jail time + hard labour.

I promise you, if these men worked all day long, there would be less crime, less clan wars, little to no FKD, you name it. Most of Somalia's issues are caused by men having too much free time.

whip-fire.gif
I agree. I think Somali women are part to blame for this issue. If they took a stand and stopped marrying men who refuse to work and provide, most men would take the initiative to work.

Due to a mans natural desire for a woman, he is willing to do what it takes to secure one. But as long as women back home marry men who chew khat, practically beg from family members in the west, then men will continue to be lazy and not work.

So basically, in a lecture this woman told Somali women back home not to marry overly poor men:

Now the men in Somalia went up in arms and started insulting her.

Now this Jiheeye man is even insinuating disgusting things about her just because she dared to say donโ€™t marry very poor men.

Knowing the situation back home in which very poor means not even having proper roof over their heads or even food to feed their kids which is why they beg the diaspora and we see crying women on TikTok asking for money, why is that advise so threatening to Somali men? Didnโ€™t the Prophet s.a.w tell very poor men to fast?
Her message is flawed, for she is conflating two critically opposing theories: materialism vs spiritualism; the two theories at the heart of her message are very familiar, if old ground in philosophical discourse amongst seasoned theologians, and students of epistemology, but perhaps new to Somalis.

At first, let us define a few words to avoid distractions:
- Decency (Good): Of guiding moral, and ethical principles grounded in Islam.
- Bad (Wicked): Lacking decency.
- Rich (not wealthy): With equity to self-sustain, and afford a decent life.
- Poor (impoverished): Lacking basic needs, or means for a decent existence.

I'll see if I could opt for brevity for relatability. In social norms, Materialism in the physical sense, and in lifestyle is being reduced to all substance being marketable incl. body and soul of humans, where if one does not have it [material], one is on the market whereas if one has it, all substance is at one's disposal and pleasure.

In a nutshell, a rich person acquires any and all. A poor person is for acquisition, for instance, a young, healthy, desirable lady seeks a man with means with her ultimate desire being: material (farthings). Character matters not. A man with means seeks a desirable lady with his ultimate desire being: material (body and soul). Character matters not. And therein lies the exchange: pretty pennies for body and soul. A trade of sort, no different from the Stock market. I am trying to keep this within the context of her message.

No place is this more prevalent than in S E Asia, and W Europe where at business gatherings and social outings, businessmen hawk their wives, girlfriends, and daughters to potential partners to sweeten, so to speak, a deal to a closure. This is well-rehearsed in Hollywood (movies: indecent proposal, pretty woman to name a couple), but the reality is far darker, if worse where clients are entertained (veil for sordid in all sorts of indecency) to their hearts' content with all substance at their disposal.

Now, back to her message, on one hand, her message to the ladies is: marry not poor men, where she is advocating for the material world, put it differently, it is as if she equates substance / material with decency whereas poverty is innately regarded as being bad. Yet, she argues for men of good character: decency, of moral, and ethical principles, wholesome, hardwork amongst other 'good' attributes: Spiritualism. Here, it is the content of one's character, for which she so passionately advocates, as being regarded as the ultimate 'good', and not one's mere possessions: Materialism. A poor man could possess all the properties of being a 'good' man, the most suitable to be a father, husband, or a life partner. A wealthy man could be the worse of human kind possessing none of the said 'good' traits she so seeks in the desirable man.

How does one then advocate for substance over decency? How does one reconcile Ms Muna's critically opposing theories? Shall we presume naivete on Ms Muna part hardly comprehending that which she is preaching? Or shall we selectively exclude Materialism from her message focusing upon Spiritual elements of her message, which meets 'the form of the 'good' ', even if lacking in essence, breadth, and depth.

I must admit I think not Ms Muna is advocating for indecency, but herein leads the nub of her argument: When a lady chooses a potential suitor by the size of his wallet, she attaches little, if any significance to his character, therefore is technically trading her body and soul in return for material gains. In her summation, one could argue, and I am just going by those two clips, good character, skill / profession, education, good upbringing etc. matter a lot less than a pretty penny. Germain Greer might disagree, but would be so proud of Ms Muna's core message.

It must said the two are not mutually exclusive, and there are good wealthy men, if very few, as there are poor bad men, and therein lies the dichotomy in Ms Muna's premise. It is a classic trap generally fallen into by, and found in, people with limited academic research in the field they wish to speak of. I might add her intentions might be admirable, but there is a great deal that is wrong with her rational thinking, and if I am a thinking wo(man), I would be concerned as to her intentions.

Postscript:
She comes across polite, cultured, possibly with a past, and in this clip, she advises ladies not to engage in gender wars using men in her life as examples of 'good' men. Very commendable!

She sounds more of an activist, with a past, than a learnt Islamic scholar on a clear path to educate in that she mispronounces, misquotes, and mis-references, an indication of her not being a genuine Islamic scholar of discernible body of work, and of a great mind. I do not know, and am only going by those two videos, and wonder as to her professional background.

you're acting like those countries are safe for women lol. you're the one prasing mediocre madow men, and i'm a woman. what exactly have madow men ever done for such praise? their own women in the west are unsafe in their hands. i see them no different from somalian men

I love how you guys all jumped on the madow men part.

Yet have no rebuttal for the Cadaan and Carab men part

Looool

This thread has basically turned into a Somali man bashing session smh ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ apparently South Africa is a safe place for women

That's exactly my point.

Even bad madow countries like South Africa....Somali people fleed to.

So how bad is Somalia for women and children and how badly have Somali men let down their women and children, that Somali women are refugees in South Africa of all places.

TekNiKo

โ€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Spot on. Niggas will have to resort to zina to satisfy their urges if no woman looks their way for marriage. I'd never marry off a daughter of mine to a poor bastard though. Qofto kale raadso abti:drakekidding:
90% of Somalis are poor, she really is delusional.

Cadaan men have safe countries and laws protecting their women. Ayrab men are known for being family oriented and providing for their family? What do madow men provide except headaches, rafad and bastards?

Ugh again
......this exactly my point.

Even Madow countries are better than Somalia, or else our people would not go there.

First I sort of get why their mad at her. A common problem in somalia because of the extreme poverty is girls marrying guys who are either way older than them or dudes who are from the diaspora. I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of these dudes resent diasporans from taking a girl they might have liked. Then this women comes along trying to promote this and rub there poverty in their face.

the same south africa that only developed because of cadaans :) black SA men are known for violence and their rape stats are no different from india

Doesn't matter does it??you keep making my point for me. You keep dissing about how Bad SA is and dissing South Africans.....exactly SA sucks.....but Somalia sucks even worse, or else Somalis wouldn't be there.

Do you see South Africans in large numbers in Somalia???

NO, BECAUSE SOMALIA IS WORSE THAN SOUTH AFRICA.

I love how you guys all jumped on the madow men part.

Yet have no rebuttal for the Cadaan and Carab men part

Looool
Half of the Middle East is unstable right now exactly what safety would they provide for Somali families a lot of middle easterners have become refugees and fled even to Somalia yet you never see their people complain @Khaemwaset

rayxn3

๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ
Doesn't matter does it??you keep making my point for me. You keep dissing about how Bad SA is and dissing South Africans.....exactly SA sucks.....but Somalia sucks even worse, or else Somalis wouldn't be there.

Do you see South Africans in large numbers in Somalia???

NO, BECAUSE SOMALIA IS WORSE THAN SOUTH AFRICA.
Somalis are only in South Africa because of war not because the women are treated better lol. Black men are no different to Somali men.

Khaemwaset

Frรผher of the Djibouti Ugaasate ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ
VIP
Well the Somali people who live in them seem them safer than Somalia or else they wouldn't ne there, so ๐Ÿคท.

Anyways, what about Europe? UAE?

Safe countries build by Cadaan and Arab men....looking after your women and children.
There is under a million somalis in those bantu shitholes. The only place witj sizable population is Kenya which has native Somali lands.

And we in Djibouti have no issues creating a stable Somali state. Where our women retire early and if they want can work fine sectors such as service and government jobs like my mum did. With a good pension. My other grandfather was Millitary, some my uncle's also went army early and then switched to different careers.

The smartest students in Djibouti gets to go university in France, where I have many cousins studying things like law. And come back to Djibouti to do their work.
I was also in Djibouti for a year but my parents brought me back at 12 and said I needed to do my education in England until I grt a masters then I go back to Djibouti

Just cause you and your fellow Somalis around you are deadbeat cawaans don't pin that on a whole race of 35 million

Khaemwaset

VIP
This thread has basically turned into a Somali man bashing session smh ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ apparently South Africa is a safe place for women
The place with highest std rates in Africa and places where they have cannibalism, niggas legit hunting Albino children to chop off their limbs, is safe for women ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

These jokes man

You assumed my stance on marrying young. I donโ€™t advocate anyone doing anything theyโ€™re not ready for mentally. Marriage is a responsibility and shouldnโ€™t be taken lightly. No one should pressure anyone with marriage if the individual isnโ€™t mature enough for it yet. That would lead to a quick divorce I agree. Iโ€™m talking about those who wish to get married and feel ready but donโ€™t have a lot of money.

Zina is far worse for someone than is marrying and then divorcing. Itโ€™s important to choose your future spouse wisely.

And btw we donโ€™t have to agree or see each otherโ€™s views as being correct.

Mozart

You need people like me
Got to be a very dumb woman if you need to be told to avoid poor men.

Very few ethnicities where youโ€™ll see a doctor willingly choose to marry a cab driver and Somali women are one of them.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Half of the Middle East is unstable right now exactly what safety would they provide for Somali families a lot of middle easterners have become refugees and fled even to Somalia yet you never see their people complain @Khaemwaset
Somali people are in Qatar, UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia.

Safer than Somalia.
Why do I see Arab refugees coming here to Djibouti then? My dad used to hire Yemenis fresh off the boat when he had a buisness going on in Djibouti