Am I missing something: Why are Somali men mad at this woman?

rayxn3

๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ
Somali women as a collective didn't fight anything lil sis, neither did somali men. The dumbest thing feminists ever did was introduce gender "wars". The only consequence of such stupidity is only societal degradation and I refuse to allow somalis that I talk to to engage in this cadaan privileged retardedness.

Somali women are mothers, sisters, and daughters of every single powerful somali man in existence, did you know how much of a power broker barres wife was? Thinking that a women has no influence over her children/siblings/husband is more absurd than anything possible.
If Somali women had influence in Somalia today, anti-child marriage laws would exist. Somaliaโ€™s society has regressed and women have become more oppressed since the war broke out.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
If Somali women had influence in Somalia today, anti-child marriage laws would exist. Somaliaโ€™s society has regressed and women have become more oppressed since the war broke out.
Those laws wouldn't exist without women. I agree that in somalia especially men lead and women follow. However to blame a gender rather than a society only breeds hate within your race, which is detrimental only to your race.

Sa_Male

ugh i can't with this nonsense. i'm going to sleep it's too late for this shit. i just want to know why somali men do nothing with their life. racism is an easy cope out since we experience more since we're women and visible muslims yet many somali women are thriving, hard working and assimilate well into society.
You can't just wake up and say I'm gonna change my life, changing your life is a lot harder than it may look to you and most people cannot do it without a strong emotional prerogative from a parent for some years with the right information and guidance.

rayxn3

๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ
Those laws wouldn't exist without women. I agree that in somalia especially men lead and women follow. However to blame a gender rather than a society only breeds hate within your race, which is detrimental only to your race.
Well I blame somali men. And I will continue to until they fix up

Sa_Male

@๐’‹๐’–๐’†๐’”๐’–๐’•๐’ˆ

There is no need to pontificate about materialism vs. spiritualism or deconstruct her arguments.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Also, a problem lies in Somalia being quite resource-poor. It is not uncommon for women to enter into marriages with men who are unable to meet even the most basic necessities of life. As we know, women often bear the primary responsibility for caregiving and, in the event of divorce, assume the role of the de facto parent. Their burden is far heavier than that of certain men, whose motivations seem more rooted in seeking lawful avenues for shaggingโ€”pardon the Frenchโ€”or congress without bearing substantial costs.

This disparity breeds resentment. It stands in sharp contrast to the customs of the past, where Somali men were required to provide a considerable amount of livestock as a prerequisite for marriage, with the bride price serving as a testament to the womanโ€™s desirability.
This disparity shouldn't be blamed on the average somali man but rather the political elite of somalia who are in a position of power to at least encourage certain changes of the current societal climate in regards to claimed disparity. And I completely support the public execution of every leader in somalia right now.

Sa_Male

WTF is this shit? i hope you never shade other groups for their victim mentality because WTF is this? if us victims of racist mbisogyists can do it, why can't somali men do well for themselves? they have male privilege after all and aren't victims of islamophobia.
Well this depends on your version of success, if holding a job is your idea of the "average" somali male bum changing his life and saving the race. Then I think we should continue demoralising directionless youth to stay the way the are through mercilessly taunting them online and in public (if your brave enough, I am).

Sa_Male

WTF is this shit? i hope you never shade other groups for their victim mentality because WTF is this? if us victims of racist mbisogyists can do it, why can't somali men do well for themselves? they have male privilege after all and aren't victims of islamophobia.
I agree that the victim mentality is disastrous and distasteful, but saying most somali men are Chad's will only make the average somali man feel worthless and act to inspire him more than saying most of his race and gender are perpetual losers even when they might not be and nobody really knows.

rayxn3

๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ
I agree that the victim mentality is disastrous and distasteful, but saying most somali men are Chad's will only make the average somali man feel worthless and act to inspire him more than saying most of his race and gender are perpetual lovers even when they might not be and nobody really knows.
I thought it was Iman in your profile picture

Her message is flawed, for she is conflating two critically opposing theories: materialism vs spiritualism; the two theories at the heart of her message are very familiar, if old ground in philosophical discourse amongst seasoned theologians, and students of epistemology, but perhaps new to Somalis.

At first, let us define a few words to avoid distractions:
- Decency (Good): Of guiding moral, and ethical principles grounded in Islam.
- Bad (Wicked): Lacking decency.
- Rich (not wealthy): With equity to self-sustain, and afford a decent life.
- Poor (impoverished): Lacking basic needs, or means for a decent existence.

I'll see if I could opt for brevity for relatability. In social norms, Materialism in the physical sense, and in lifestyle is being reduced to all substance being marketable incl. body and soul of humans, where if one does not have it [material], one is on the market whereas if one has it, all substance is at one's disposal and pleasure.

In a nutshell, a rich person acquires any and all. A poor person is for acquisition, for instance, a young, healthy, desirable lady seeks a man with means with her ultimate desire being: material (farthings). Character matters not. A man with means seeks a desirable lady with his ultimate desire being: material (body and soul). Character matters not. And therein lies the exchange: pretty pennies for body and soul. A trade of sort, no different from the Stock market. I am trying to keep this within the context of her message.

No place is this more prevalent than in S E Asia, and W Europe where at business gatherings and social outings, businessmen hawk their wives, girlfriends, and daughters to potential partners to sweeten, so to speak, a deal to a closure. This is well-rehearsed in Hollywood (movies: indecent proposal, pretty woman to name a couple), but the reality is far darker, if worse where clients are entertained (veil for sordid in all sorts of indecency) to their hearts' content with all substance at their disposal.

Now, back to her message, on one hand, her message to the ladies is: marry not poor men, where she is advocating for the material world, put it differently, it is as if she equates substance / material with decency whereas poverty is innately regarded as being bad. Yet, she argues for men of good character: decency, of moral, and ethical principles, wholesome, hardwork amongst other 'good' attributes: Spiritualism. Here, it is the content of one's character, for which she so passionately advocates, as being regarded as the ultimate 'good', and not one's mere possessions: Materialism. A poor man could possess all the properties of being a 'good' man, the most suitable to be a father, husband, or a life partner. A wealthy man could be the worse of human kind possessing none of the said 'good' traits she so seeks in the desirable man.

How does one then advocate for substance over decency? How does one reconcile Ms Muna's critically opposing theories? Shall we presume naivete on Ms Muna part hardly comprehending that which she is preaching? Or shall we selectively exclude Materialism from her message focusing upon Spiritual elements of her message, which meets 'the form of the 'good' ', even if lacking in essence, breadth, and depth.

I must admit I think not Ms Muna is advocating for indecency, but herein leads the nub of her argument: When a lady chooses a potential suitor by the size of his wallet, she attaches little, if any significance to his character, therefore is technically trading her body and soul in return for material gains. In her summation, one could argue, and I am just going by those two clips, good character, skill / profession, education, good upbringing etc. matter a lot less than a pretty penny. Germain Greer might disagree, but would be so proud of Ms Muna's core message.

It must said the two are not mutually exclusive, and there are good wealthy men, if very few, as there are poor bad men, and therein lies the dichotomy in Ms Muna's premise. It is a classic trap generally fallen into by, and found in, people with limited academic research in the field they wish to speak of. I might add her intentions might be admirable, but there is a great deal that is wrong with her rational thinking, and if I am a thinking wo(man), I would be concerned as to her intentions.

Postscript:
She comes across polite, cultured, possibly with a past, and in this clip, she advises ladies not to engage in gender wars using men in her life as examples of 'good' men. Very commendable!

She sounds more of an activist, with a past, than a learnt Islamic scholar on a clear path to educate in that she mispronounces, misquotes, and mis-references, an indication of her not being a genuine Islamic scholar of discernible body of work, and of a great mind. I do not know, and am only going by those two videos, and wonder as to her professional background.

The Messenger of Allah said: 'As for Muawiyah, he is a poor man who has no money. As from Abu Jahm he is a man who habitually beats woman. But Usamah (is good).' She gestured with her hand, saying: 'Usamah, Usamah!?'

Why did the Prophet s.a.w tell Fatima bin Quis to not marry Muawiyah because he was poor?

Shes been banned from all mosques in Europe recently in Sweden. Serves her right for promoting gaal feminism. Daaci Bilan is the true hero.

nothing wrong with what she said but the way she said it, like freeing dumarka from the matrix.

Finances stops a lot of people from marrying. If the halal is made harder the haram will be easier to fall into. I would think an older habo would realize that. Many if not most people marry (ime) when they donโ€™t have much and then become more successful during marriage.
Fakiir in Somali means someone very poor and canโ€™t provide the basics. If she said only marry rich men or donโ€™t marry men who donโ€™t have a lot of money, then I would understand the backlash. But weโ€™re talking about Fakhiir here which is poor poor as seen struggling for a roof and food.

Sa_Male

Yeah I realised when I zoomed in. If youโ€™re gonna have your face on here, be mindful of what you say.
1977beba425529cbbba9152e15c2bf69.jpg

download.jpeg

Sa_Male

I would never be on SSpot if I was your age, don't miss out on your teen years because of this toxic buuq
My teen years were already very enjoyable as my current suffering made them seem in this memory of mine as sweet as sweet can be.
And besides LOOK AT THE GIFS