Anti Somali xenophobia is very normalized

wonyluvr

Entitled uppity East African
VIP
heard he is 18 too. even when the good decent looking dudes post themselves they get sucked into race wars

a sudani woman quoted his pic too in arabic saying she can recognise somalis everywhere and it had +100 replies. Cant catch a break
Sudani Arabs are so annoying

We gotta let go of the "somalis are funny" stereotype. It makes Somalis look goofy and unserious. This supposed "compliment" has not taken us anywhere other than increased self deprecating losers and ajanabis taking us for banter. Once we aren't known for our humour or there's no more "somalis are funny" we won't be getting generations of somalis using this "compliment" to look like an utter fool and appease their peers in school and be a classroom clown.

wonyluvr

VIP
We gotta let go of the "somalis are funny" stereotype. It makes Somalis look goofy and unserious. This supposed "compliment" has not taken us anywhere other than increased self deprecating losers and ajanabis taking us for banter. Once we aren't known for our humour or there's no more "somalis are funny" we won't be getting generations of somalis using this "compliment" to look like an utter fool and appease their peers in school and be a classroom clown.
THIS!!!!!!! Somali boys in secondary act like class clowns 24/7 it’s embarrassing

THIS!!!!!!! Somali boys in secondary act like class clowns 24/7 it’s embarrassing
yup my middle sister experienced this. She said the somali boys in her school and sixth form would do anything to please their ajanabi peers and that meant mocking somali girls for validation. My sister forehead was mocked even though it isn't that big. There was this one somali boy in my sister sixth form that would always gossip about my sis to his friends, I remember my sis telling me he would say something like I like white girls or something only for his Cypriot male friend to say "you can't get girls your somali" and he didn't even defend himself. Smh

wonyluvr

VIP
yup my middle sister experienced this. She said the somali boys in her school and sixth form would do anything to please their ajanabi peers and that meant mocking somali girls for validation. My sister forehead was mocked even though it isn't that big. There was this one somali boy in my sister sixth form that would always gossip about my sis to his friends, I remember my sis telling me he would say something like I like white girls or something only for his Cypriot male friend to say "you can't get girls your somali" and he didn't even defend himself. Smh
🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ this is the reality.Why do Somali guys do this to themselves

🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ this is the reality.Why do Somali guys do this to themselves
I honestly don't know I think is the stereotype of somalis are funny and somali parents not being tough on their sons and pampering them like kings. This gets a lot of them detached from the real world. Somali parents need to be more tough on their sons and instill adaab. I also think we don't prioritise education enough which we honestly should.

what do they mean but "lightskinned" outsiders really think we are all darkskinned. One pic of barkhad and this is how they all assume we look. Seriously is there any why to stop this hate? my cousin is going to secondary school next year and I'm worried for her. I feel so helpless for the younger generation. They might suffer even more of an identity crisis and despise being somali.

Cadaan men humor is so cringe omfg!!

Awkward Cardi B GIF by Saturday Night Live
They're never funny. Yet they have the most smoke for us. Anyways the damage is so done.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
I honestly don't know I think is the stereotype of somalis are funny and somali parents not being tough on their sons and pampering them like kings. This gets a lot of them detached from the real world. Somali parents need to be more tough on their sons and instill adaab. I also think we don't prioritise education enough which we honestly should.
This is a main one, we are known for being entertaining and I have nothing wrong with this, but when you have no boundaries and are willing to do anything for that validation your #ucked

This is a main one, we are known for being entertaining and I have nothing wrong with this, but when you have no boundaries and are willing to do anything for that validation your #ucked
We should never be known for our humour. This just breeds many goofy somalis in trying to be funny and even ridicule their own features just to be approved by people that hates us. For these younger generations there isn't any serious somali to look up to their parents don't instill any pride in them. Is going to be tough long years for them.

Sa_Male

it got like.10 million views of people dunking on us. No-one gets this level of hate because it will be viewed as racism
To be real with you, we're quite often used as comedic material because we are a funny people, we're good at storytelling and most of us can tell jokes. I feel like most ajnabis that have met a somali found them very welcoming and kind, most of us our very open. But also, just as much, every ajnabi I've ever met respected me from the get go before they even knew who I was because we have a strong reputation of being a strong people

Sa_Male

[
We should never be known for our humour. This just breeds many goofy somalis in trying to be funny and even ridicule their own features just to be approved by people that hates us. For these younger generations there isn't any serious somali to look up to their parents don't instill any pride in them. Is going to be tough long years for them.
I feel like most somali teens that I've met, have some element of crazy inside them. The ones that don't just keep to themselves anyways so they don't seek validation.

Sa_Male

I feel like having siblings matters alot, most somalis have siblings and this puts a mentality of anger once it's been discovered that you've been played with.

Sa_Male

They're never funny. Yet they have the most smoke for us. Anyways the damage is so done.
It's not smoke, it sounds like a cadaan who definitely knows some somalis and is cracking jokes to earn brownie points with them. I've seen this so many times, 99%of ajanabis I've met who knew somalis always make it clear the strong effect they had on them, we are popular, nor hated. Do you know how many ajanbis have approached me trying to speak somali to me? They were good friends with or were impacted by a somali or somalis and because every somali they met was friendly, they feel the security to approach me. I dont take offense in this, I take pride that we're an infectious, generous people

Sa_Male

It's not smoke, it sounds like a cadaan who definitely knows some somalis and is cracking jokes to earn brownie points with them. I've seen this so many times, 99%of ajanabis I've met who knew somalis always make it clear the strong effect they had on them, we are popular, nor hated. Do you know how many ajanbis have approached me trying to speak somali to me? They were good friends with or were impacted by a somali or somalis and because every somali they met was friendly, they feel the security to approach me. I dont take offense in this, I take pride that we're an infectious, generous people
And they often use jokes because they know we're funny af

To be real with you, we're quite often used as comedic material because we are a funny people, we're good at storytelling and most of us can tell jokes. I feel like most ajnabis that have met a somali found them very welcoming and kind, most of us our very open. But also, just as much, every ajnabi I've ever met respected me from the get go before they even knew who I was because we have a strong reputation of being a strong people
To be honest they're a minority. Now we are known for being goofy and a laughing stock. Somali boys in school entertain people at their people expense and get ajanabis confident to diss us. They see how unserious Somali guys are when ajanabis mock somalis infront of them.