Are you triggered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really well-read into Somalia's clan system. However, it will be interesting to see if there was genetic differences between clans though. At like 30%+ difference. However, I would say Qabil is a social construct, not biological -- unless there is evidence. We all do speak the same language with different dialects, look similar and have the same culture. For the most part, from the outside (from subjective experience), we are mostly the same.

The interesting thing is Somali nationalism is new as I'm aware of unless history proofs me wrong.

I would not be surprised if a genetic analyses crushes the relationships of the subclans. It would not shock me if an ceyr for example is closer to me than an MJ. Darodists like at @Amun would lose it if turns out they are related to Sab more than other Darods. :mjlol:

It is my humble hypothesis that these clans go back to professions and trades people used to do, and with the penetration of Salafism and pan-Arabism in the peninsula for the last few centuries that these lineage myths were created.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Bantus are citizens of Somalia but that doesn't mean they're ethnically Somali. Let's all drop the savior act for a minute, Bantus and ethnic Somalis have different culture, we look different, we are not the same, physically and spiritually. I've no problem of them saying they're Somali citizen.

Last edited:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Bantus are citizens of Somalia but that doesn't mean they're ethnically Somali. Let's all drop the savior act for a minute, Bantus and ethnic Somalis have different culture, we look different, we are not the same, physically and spiritually. I've no problem of them saying they're Somali citizen.
spiritually :damn:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
>Doesn't know who Ahmed Gurey was
>Thinks Habr Gidir is is a sub-clan of Issaq
>Is a virulent qabilist but wants Somalis to be united
>Subscribes to qabil but denies the her origins under that system (MJ is descended from Darod who was an Arab)
>Knows very little about Somali history, politics and culture but somehow wants to save Somalia from the Bantus
>Is an Atheist who loves gay people but is also a racist

Someone help this girl. She's truly lost and ignorant. :snoop:

>Doesn't know who Ahmed Gurey was
>Thinks Habr Gidir is is a sub-clan of Issaq
>Is a virulent qabilist but wants Somalis to be united
>Subscribes to qabil but denies the her origins under that system (MJ is descended from Darod who was an Arab)
>Knows very little about Somali history, politics and culture but somehow wants to save Somalia from the Bantus
>Is an Atheist who loves gay people but is also a racist

Someone help this girl. She's truly lost and ignorant. :snoop:
:dead:

> don't know about qabil because every qabil but Mj and i guess by extension darod is irrelevant
> nobody knows what an isaac and habar digiir are fam. I'm not alone
> im not a qabilist....i just think MJ are superior.
> Darod was a somali muslamic man who wanted to be closer to arabs so he created a fake lineage that connects him to his arab god.
> says i know very little about somali history, yet I'm the only one here reminding you that somalis are an actual ethnic group and not a lost arab tribe :damn:
> atheism doesn't exempt me from the same racism muslims practise daily :camby:. #LoveWins

Last edited:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
*Verbal shuban*
Didn't read. :camby:

I would not be surprised if a genetic analyses crushes the relationships of the subclans. It would not shock me if an ceyr for example is closer to me than an MJ. Darodists like at @Amun would lose it if turns out they are related to Sab more than other Darods. :mjlol:

It is my humble hypothesis that these clans go back to professions and trades people used to do, and with the penetration of Salafism and pan-Arabism in the peninsula for the last few centuries that these lineage myths were created.
I think anyone with half a brain can realize that clans that live close together would be genetically closer than ones that are from the same clan but live hundreds of miles apart. It's common sense. Don't need a DNA test to tell you that.

NAAYA DIXONS CITY BLOODS,.5 ARE YOUR MASTERS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
owzq1jB.gif

But we do business and run our country based on a clan system which means we believe in that shit. We have killed each other over it. If I believe I am darod and I come from An Arab guy then one must ask, when did I become somali? And I can claim to be Somali and he dirs who have always been natives there are also Somali, do you see the disconnect there? We share no common ancestor, in fact we claim to be two different lands yet we are the same ethnicity? :what1:

Either qabiil doesn't exist or we aren't the same people if we go back far enough. Can't be both.:sass1:

:comeon: Why are those the only two options? You realise there are Scottish clans, Irish clans, Mongol clans, Albanian and Balkan clans? Are you suggesting those people are also not ethnically homogenous? Just because people choose to believe in Arab myths and fairytales, it doesn't mean that the overwhelming majority of Somalis aren't pure east Africans indigenous to the Horn.

This type of cuckish behaviour will spell the doom of Somalis. Why should I lose more territories to Bantus? They literally occupy every other inch of Africa. They even occupy traditionally Cushitic territories of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. My ancestors never brought the Bantus from Mozambique and Tanzania as slaves. It was Arabs. Maybe the Arabs should give these people part of their lands. Somalia for Somalis only.:camby:

If that sounds intolerant, tough shit. Somalis don't have the luxury to be tolerant. We aren't in Sweden, this is Africa homie - dog eat dog.

If you think about it really hard, there is no such thing as a Somali ethnicity. How strange is it when I am Somali and isaaq person is also Somalis while we both claim to trace our roots back to the Arabian deserts a 1000 year ago? What exactly makes us a Somali? If we are going to practice our qabiil system then we must also accept that being Somali is something that you can become not something you are born into and by that, Bantus are just as Somali as the rest of us.
Sxb the very essence of qabiil is false, it's a bunch of myths & stories designed to misguide Somalis to believe in bs, every Somali can trace their lineage back to our forefather Samaale. Bantus can never become Somali because we don't share the same genetics with them. You can only be born Somali not become one.

Status
Not open for further replies.