AROOS........ WAA MAXAY CEEBTAAN?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I’m sorry but Somali male attire is either ugly or stolen from other cultures, it’s not worth it to see such an eye sore in a wedding.

It’s either a suit or that Arabian attire because no man is allowed to come to my wedding wearing that potato sack of an attire we call culture’
None of this is ever gonna really change unless somalis bring back our formal attire or make new or modern versions.

Your alternative is too archaic and tacky. People wear it back home but not that much at all in the west. I have only ever seen it online in random cultural events.

Where would one buy the belt in the west or do you get it shipped in?

I think instead we should rebrand and make new stuff or develop on the old stuff we used to wear in formal settings. This outfit realistically is just badiyo culture.

Somali women who dominate the whole clothing side of things have developed different things over the years but there has been no advancement on the somali guy side of things we just adopted a western style shirt and stuck to maawis. That's dead in my opinion and most guys ain't gonna wear that it's pj's 💀

What I don't get is this one sided complaint tho suits are basically in the same category yet I don't hear any complaints made is this just hate for anything arab?
I cringe every time I see it lmao, it’s literally just a white t-shirt, a white macawis (which isn’t even unique to Somalis).

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You made this thread because of Darkest Man right? I was thinking the same thing. It’s embarrassing.
:browtf:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
who is coming to there wedding looking like they are a hunter about to go to battle, this guys got a tiger skin a turban and a sword, thats the thing that makes it look good, without it its plain and boring and women would complain that the guy isn't making an effort, as previous posters say, the best clothes are foreign usually, women love suits, arab clothes are alright, north Africans have their own clothes, afghan/middle east clothes are trash, there isn't alot of variety

By the way, most ethnic groups on earth, wore white cloths, in different manners. This is a world-wide thing. For example, the Greeks wore something similar to Somalis,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maxaa nagu dhacay??

Greek women:

1694938854755.png

Greek men

1694938888691.png

1694939211572.png

1694939147744.png

1694939180036.png

Last edited:

Strawberry

𐒚𐒁𐒖𐒄,Soomaalinimada,𐒖𐒐𐒘𐒒𐒆𐒘

Attachments