1694949963600.png

1694951404348.png

1694950788842.png

I think the men's outfit looks too simple, lazy and lacks that sophisticated look. tbh I don't like wearing a macawiis, I will never be caught wearing one outside. I can't ever imagine myself wearing one that to a wedding.

Somali women on the other hand look 10/10 in traditional clothes there is so much detail.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
You have no problem wearing white peoples clothes but when people wear arab clothes you blow a fit.

I live in western country wearing suits is the common attire to wear here and I do so because I assimilated into the country, you live in a western country and put on another cultures clothing that you don't live in.

Also if I was the one getting married i'd wear a macawis but if i'm visiting im throwing on a suit.

I live in western country wearing suits is the common attire to wear here and I do so because I assimilated into the country, you live in a western country and put on another cultures clothing that you don't live in.
Noone is forcing you to wear a suit, unless your going to an interview or work, you don't need to wear one. But when you go to a Islamic event, or wedding, or whatever,you have the choice of whatever clothes you want, and the women do not wear western clothes at these events, meaning, you are deciding to wear western outfits to weddings and not your own traditional outfits or other Islamic outfits because you like white peoples clothing so much .

I put on any cultures clothes, whether its western, african, asian, as long as the outfit looks good I could care less, oh and btw most of these arab outfits you see are just turkish outfits bc thawbs that we have today were invented by turks, the design and everything, bc arabs don't have any traditional clothing, its all borrowed aswell.
I like other cultures outfits because western clothing can be boring, its also too tight and islamic clothing is more modest, doesn't matter where it is from

Also if I was the one getting married i'd wear a macawis but if i'm visiting im throwing on a suit.
again, your wearing a macwiis which is asian culture, and also macwiis looks lower class and tacy, if you wear it to your wedding it will look embarrassing, even asians don't do that.

Cush

Cushite Arab
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We are asal Arabs so there is nothing wrong with this but wallahi Somali clothing is too simple, it's either macawiis or go and marro, the bottom picture is nice but this wasn't our ancestral clothing so it doesn't feel good to wear it why don't we have good clothes in thousands of variations like Arabs wtf?

Also those pics you sent of the Somalis in turbans were all Omani clothes

If we had go and marro and other accessories in many colors, cool turbans and all these types of things best believe we'd all be wearing go and marro like other cultures wear their clothes

But it's just weird and simple

The only time I wear a macawiis is when I wake up/ doing errands.

1694961051037.png

wearing a coloured macawiis to a wedding is an insult.

Okay, this outfit right here, is offensive and pajama. That macawiis isn't even originally Somali anyway, it's an Asian print.

But if he wore a formal white shirt, a nice shawl, and a white macawiis, it would look stylish and elegant.

attash

Amaan Duule
You guys complain when Somali dudes wear Arab clothes to weddings, but you have no problem with wearing suits and dress shirts. :mjlol:

You guys don't care about Somali culture, you just hate Arabs.

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
Instead of wearing the Arabian/Indian look-alike white scarf or turban, we should add the noble Somali kofia hat like the image of the Uncle right below. We'll turn the outfit into a easy 10/10.

View attachment 294109View attachment 294110View attachment 294112
Turbans aren't just an Arab Turk thing bro.
Everyone is hot climates wore some type of turban. Literally a piece of cloth wrapped around the head to protect from the hot sun.

Why should somali ditch such a useful thing simply cause arabs and turks wear it also? Should Turks ditch their iconic Fez hat cause it came from north africans?

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
You guys complain when Somali dudes wear Arab clothes to weddings, but you have no problem with wearing suits and dress shirts. :mjlol:

You guys don't care about Somali culture, you just hate Arabs.
I'm all for wearing and reviving/modernising somali traditional male attire. But it's clear some people just got beef with Arabian attire which is inspired by others anyways.

Wear a White suit or an Arab thobe who cares. But if you want to criticise the overuse of foriegn clothing among somali men it has to go both ways. Can't violate arabs whilst pulling up a photo of a Macawiis and a western shirt.