Canadian media exposes Somali Imam: "You have to choose either Allah or Canada"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Abdi Hersy is the Imam of Abu Bakr Musallah in Calgary, Alberta and a prominent voice in Calgary’s Somali community.

CBC reported (March 9, 2015) that Hersy is wanted in the United States on sexual assault charges. Hersy, 46-year-old Somali national, denies the allegations that he sexually assaulted two women while working as a respiratory therapist in the United States in 2006.

According to the CBC report, the Immigration and Refugee Board decided to terminate Hersy’s refugee status after a hearing was held behind closed doors at its office in Calgary on June 2, 2015. Hersy said that he plans to appeal the ruling.

The following are excerpts of Imam Abdi Hersy’s speech, which was uploaded to YouTube on February 23, 2015:

The other thing that is a right upon the wife for her husband is she cannot leave the house without his permission. I’m free you, you know. This is Canada. Nobody is free.

So that ideology, you know I came to Canada, freedom starts here, if you mean freedom being disobedient to Allah, the most glorified, the most high, be my guest, but that what it is. You have to choose either Allah, the most glorified, the most high, or Canada. Canada is a feminine country. So ladies, the other thing that I want you to quit from your life is feminism.

http://www.therebel.media/canadian_...r_canada_wife_must_obey_and_serve_her_husband

This doesn't look good for him. :tacky:

Duchess

VIP
Looooool, isn't he the one who uploads the videos to his youtube channel as well?

I'm wondering why they even watched his lectures? Now they'll start a petition to have him removed from the country. lol

Therebel.media :nvjpqts:

Ezra Levant was bashing a Israeli the other day for refusing to swear the citizenship oath because he didn't want to be loyal to her Majesty and her heirs.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
:pacspit:

Seems like these guys become imams when they fail on other careers. I hear so much gossips about somali imams.

Truely failures in adun and akhiro.

Sultana

On Hiatus
I'm wondering why they even watched his lectures? Now they'll start a petition to have him removed from the country. lol

He's a prominent Imam out west though. Anytime something happens to Somalis (even if they don't live in Calgary), he's always asked to make a statement.

No. Maybe 1-2% are Salafis

Look at this liar here you have the world most famous Salafi imam Siad Rageh . These are the same Salafi Canadian imams who go on lectures to insult & shame Somali women publicly :uCkf6mf:

Walahi if i see them Candhuuf baan ku tuufa nacalada gives us raga a bad rep.

Most of the mosques are run by Salafis though. Can you name one Somali-dominated mosque that isn't?

As Salaam mosque, a Somali owned mosque and second biggest in Ottawa, opened by Mohamed Rashad (RIP) but now run by his son, is a Sufi mosque now. They do Sufi dances at night.

Look at this liar here you have the world most famous Salafi imam Siad Rageh . These are the same Salafi Canadian imams who go on lectures to insult & shame Somali women publicly :uCkf6mf:

Walahi if i see them Caanduf baan ka tuufa nacalada gives us raga a bad rep.

Yes he's Salafi but most Somalis for in Canada are non Salafi Sunnis. Salafis are a tiny but loud minority. They are not more than 2%

Duchess

VIP
It really depends on your definition of Salafi. Most of the Somali mosques are Sunni with slight Salafi leanings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many of the views of Abdi Hersy would not be out of place at Khalid, DH, or Abu Huraira.

Many of the Somali sheikhs/lecturers in Canada are not even hafiz's. I personally know one who tours Europe who is an adulterer and thief and doesn't know more than a few surahs. He stole from the mosque in Ottawa and has been banned from entering the property.

Duchess

VIP
Yes he's Salafi but most Somalis for in Canada are non Salafi Sunnis. Salafis are a tiny but loud minority. They are not more than 2%

They control the mosques and they control the youth. Every young person I've met who has become 'religious' has turned to Salafism. Perhaps the older generation are plain ol' Sunnis but that isn't the case for the average 'religious' young Somali-Canadian.

Sultana

On Hiatus
Correct me if I'm wrong, but many of the views of Abdi Hersy would not be out of place at Khalid, DH, or Abu Huraira.

He was the imam of DH at one point. And no, everyone in Toronto (at least the adults) loved this guy.

Tbh, when I think of Salafis, I think of TROID, which has refuted KBW and Abu Huraira plenty of times. But yeah, I agree with your point that a lot of young people become Salafi when they become religious, but that's more an influence of the internet than the mosques.

They control the mosques and they control the youth. Every young person I've met who has become 'religious' has turned to Salafism. Perhaps the older generation are plain ol' Sunnis but that isn't the case for the average 'religious' young Somali-Canadian.

What % do you think Somalis in Canada are Salafis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts