Canadian media exposes Somali Imam: "You have to choose either Allah or Canada"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Duchess I am a Salafi Atheist. I agree with how they interpret Islam which is the real Islam. If you purposely miss one prayer and don't fast, you're not a Muslim.

Allah makes you forget what religion you claimed in this world when you face him in the Day of Judgement.

The average young Somali in Toronto are like Sumaya, Robin Banks, Hodan Nalaye and that gay dude from Ryerson. Very liberal and open

You don't even live in the city. It's surreal how you can pontificate so authoritatively on a demographic that you have no large scale experience with nor any hard numbers or data to back your case. Extremes do not define trends. I actually do live here and can say your assertion is so off-base with the reality that it is not even wrong.

Sultana

On Hiatus
I follow Sheikh Hamza Yusuf so I practice Sunni Islam but with Sufi leanings. Spirituality is an important part of my life.
No wonder you say 80% are Salafi. Even regular Sunnis would seem Salafi to you.

Let's be honest. The majority in Toronto don't even fast. Tarawiih prayer is foreign to them. They don't even go to Eid prayer; they wake up at 1pm and go to the All You Can Eat Chinese buffet. This is what Eid is to them.... A day off.
You don't know what you're talking about. Most Somalis fast and a lot go to taraweeh. I remember when I was in high school, mosques used to be packed with young people during Ramadan, but that number has declined recently. And they all go to Eid prayer.

@Duchess I am a Salafi Atheist. I agree with how they interpret Islam which is the real Islam. If you purposely miss one prayer and don't fast, you're not a Muslim.

Allah makes you forget what religion you claimed in this world when you face him in the Day of Judgement.

What about taubah?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

I've always known that ex-Muslims and Salafis have the same interpretation of Islam. lol

You don't even live in the city. It's surreal how you can pontificate so authoritatively on a demographic that you have no large scale experience with nor any hard numbers or data to back your case. Extremes do not define trends. I actually do live here and can say your assertion is so off-base with the reality that it is not even wrong.

I am as reer Toronto as it gets. I know all about Toronto. It is the city of my birth.

Stick to the affairs of St Catherine's or Kitchener-Waterloo or whatever run down abandoned former manufacturing ghost town you claim to live in

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
They were Fiqishini from Sool but they are Cayr; Cayr live primarily in Galgadud.

But the Sufi dancers came from all clans.

Lmao. Smh.

Reer galgaduud don't do digri anymore, and they certainly don't dance.

If you said gibil cad or Madow or something like that, then that might have been believable.

Lmao. Smh.

Reer galgaduud don't do digri anymore, and they certainly don't dance.

If you said gibil cad or Madow or something like that, then that might have been believable.

Maybe the ones there don't do it as much but the ones here who fled the country from that region 25 years ago still do.

Sufism is the largest sect in Somalia. They just hide when Shabab are roaming around.

I was in Hargeisa a few years ago and was taken by a well known Sufi "doctor" seen by dozens a day who made me smell some Sufi white dust to see if I was possessed when I has food poisoning.

I am as reer Toronto as it gets. I know all about Toronto. It is the city of my birth.

Then you don't know anything. But, I saw your post above and have an inkling what you are basing your excommunication of the overwhelming majority of the Somalis in Toronto. By that metric, practically the entire Muslim world would be rendered non-Muslim if all it took was missing a single prayer to exit the fold of Islam. That is an extreme opinion that only a very small handful of scholars ever followed, whereas practically all of the classical scholars rejected that notion.

But of course, an anti-theist such as yourself would gladly cite the most extremist and largely ignored viewpoint within the religion and somehow try to make it mainstream. Wahabism is not mainstream nor is it the interpretation followed by the overwhelming majority of Muslims.

Stick to the affairs of St Catherine's or Kitchener-Waterloo or whatever run down abandoned former manufacturing ghost town you claim to live in

You're just mad you come from one of the most decadent and criminal diasporan communities. The Somalis from my "backwater town" are all, for the most part, successful and well established mashallah.

No wonder you say 80% are Salafi. Even regular Sunnis would seem Salafi to you.

You don't know what you're talking about. Most Somalis fast and a lot go to taraweeh. I remember when I was in high school, mosques used to be packed with young people during Ramadan, but that number has declined recently. And they all go to Eid prayer.

What about taubah?

Of course people start to only repent in their death beds. They won't repent in the Day of Judgement because Allah will have them forget what Islam is.

They'll just be begging for the fire to end.

Sultana

On Hiatus
Did he really? :chrisfreshhah:

The claims of sexual assault are disturbing though. :cosbyhmm:

Somalis in Toronto asked him to be the imam of DH when they figured out he was having issues in the States. If you ask them why they would allow someone with sexual assault charges be an imam, they'll say things like those claims aren't true, gaaloda are trying to destroy Muslim leaders etc etc. I'm not trying to indict him, but they should have exercised a bit more caution.

This atheist is a Hafiz. I've learned about Islam from the biggest and most beloved scholars in my community.

No really. Which community?

Status
Not open for further replies.