Do you believe in beating a child?

Do you believe in beating a child?

• Total voters
Hitting does not improve a child’s behaviour. They’re just scared. You can talk to them and explain why what they’re doing is wrong. Teach them self control and communication skills.
Why didn't I have you advising my mom and dugsi teacher when I was a kid :mjhaps:

Hitting does not improve a child’s behaviour. They’re just scared. You can talk to them and explain why what they’re doing is wrong. Teach them self control and communication skills.
Scared helps until they know better. What’s weirder is treating children as fully functional adults and let them make crucial decisions about their lives

Hol up chief, no one said all that :whoa:
But the language is bias. Why would you beat up your kid just for no reason. We talking about discipline and one part of discipline is using hands. It’s not the first option and shouldn’t be used lightly. But the option should never be moved out of the table

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
But the language is bias. Why would you beat up your kid just for no reason. We talking about discipline and one part of discipline is using hands. It’s not the first option and shouldn’t be used lightly. But the option should never be moved out of the table

Discipline should be about teaching, not punishment. By using your hands you are being reactionary and allowing your frustrations to dictate your behavior.

Children understand more than we give them credit for. They will test your limits as they try to forge their own identity but as the adult you have to set the boundaries in a positive way and give them the tools to replace the negative behavior with a positive one.

Discipline should be about teaching, not punishment. By using your hands you are being reactionary and allowing your frustrations to dictate your behavior.

Children understand more than we give them credit for. They will test your limits as they try to forge their own identity but as the adult you have to set the boundaries in a positive way and give them the tools to replace the negative behavior with a positive one.
you sound like an old white lady. Let me guess.....you dont believe there are bad kids out there. They are just product of their environment. Every bad kid you can blame the parents? Your child should know the consequences of being bad and if a child has no fear of doing bad things growing up. You have failed as a parent.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
you sound like an old white lady. Let me guess.....you dont believe there are bad kids out there. They are just product of their environment. Every bad kid you can blame the parents? Your child should know the consequences of being bad and if a child has no fear of doing bad things growing up. You have failed as a parent.

I’m not blaming parents or the children. Both parents and children give in to their frustrations at different times. The main goal is to develop a good relationship with your child and be a pro-active parent so you don’t have to respond reactively.

You can teach your child about right and wrong and consequences of negative behavior without having to instil fear. Having differing views on parenting doesn’t make me any less Somali.

I’m not blaming parents or the children. Both parents and children give in to their frustrations at different times. The main goal is to develop a good relationship with your child and be a pro-active parent so you don’t have to respond reactively.

You can teach your child about right and wrong and consequences of negative behavior without having to instil fear. Having differing views on parenting doesn’t make me any less Somali.
No it doesnt....Im just saying you are using a lot of nice word. I agree with all if that plus discipline if needed. Violence is last resort to solve a problem for humans. Alwahs has been and always will be. Why do countries go to war? Why not just talk about it, develop good relationship and respect each other? Sometimes in life a human being just needs an ass whopping. Its that simple

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Only under extreme situations that go against Islam, especially if it is my daughter.

But if my son is hyper, fights with others, is rude towards others, then I cannot do it because that is what boys do.
it's your responsibility to teach him what's right and wrong you shouldn't be making excuses for bad behaviour

Trending