Do you believe in beating a child?

Do you believe in beating a child?

• Total voters

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
No it doesnt....Im just saying you are using a lot of nice word. I agree with all if that plus discipline if needed. Violence is last resort to solve a problem for humans. Alwahs has been and always will be. Why do countries go to war? Why not just talk about it, develop good relationship and respect each other? Sometimes in life a human being just needs an ass whopping. Its that simple

Strange reasoning. How do you compare raising a young child to countries going to war? Are you at war with your child? I have met parents with your mindset - they think because they were beaten as children and they turned out fine, therefore it poses no harm to the child.

With that said, I think neglect is just as bad. Most children are put into care because of neglect, not physical abuse.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
What do you do when the child misbehaves?
Talk to them, ground them and take away toys, devices etc. Throwing hands is lazy parenting and should never be an option. @Jaydaan It stunts emotional growth in general. The people on this thread who were beaten. It really shows :reallymaury:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
You can't control a wild loose cannon Somali kids by through words alone

They need to face a light beating here and there to instill your authority :mybusiness:

Talk to them, ground them and take away toys, devices etc. Throwing hands is lazy parenting and should never be an option. @Jaydaan It stunts emotional growth in general. The people on this thread who were beaten. It really shows :reallymaury:

I've been getting my ass whooped by my hoyo since I was prolly 3, stopped at 14-15 cause I was able to take her hits :mjhaps:.

My abo hit me when I did outrageous shit. But my hoyo was on the daily thing lmao, I was turbulent kid. Turned out hamdullilah, no emotional issues or anything of the sort. Most my brothers barely got hit, my sisters never got hit.

My hoyo told me about my first asswhooping, I was 3, woke up, was stuck in my little crib bed with a diaper full of xar. I finger painted the walls with xar:damn::russ::francis:

Basic

VIP
I've been getting my ass whooped by my hoyo since I was prolly 3, stopped at 14-15 cause I was able to take her hits :mjhaps:.

My abo hit me when I did outrageous shit. But my hoyo was on the daily thing lmao, I was turbulent kid. Turned out hamdullilah, no emotional issues or anything of the sort. Most my brothers barely got hit, my sisters never got hit.

My hoyo told me about my first asswhooping, I was 3, woke up, was stuck in my little crib bed with a diaper full of xar. I finger painted the walls with xar:damn::russ::francis:
Let’s be honest though. Most of these kids that got beaten it’s not like the improve. They just outgrow the beatings and continue being trash adults.

Let’s be honest though. Most of these kids that got beaten it’s not like the improve. They just outgrow the beatings and continue being trash adults.

It's not ideal at all. Specially if there's very little communication to explain to the child what they've done wrong.

My hoyo always been more reactive and emotional then my abo, but I'd get a talk from my abo after every dacaas assault from my hoyo, even if it was over something petty like not letting my brother play on the PlayStation.

Times are different, most our parents raised us in a foreign country, adapting to new cultural surroundings all the while raising children and trying to maintain as much cultural heritage they can. It's not an easy feat, and our parents have done an incredible job for the most part.

As for the new generation of Somalis that are having kids/will have kids, they're a lot more grounded in their current surroundings, more educated for the most part and have more connections and avenues to seek solutions then their parents have had. There's shouldn't be any reason to beat your child.

I'd still slap my kid upside the head if he fucking up to much though:ufdup:

No here is why, if you teach a child the only solution to things is physical violence how do you think hes going to solve his problems down the line. He'll be thin skinned and ready to punch anyone who gets under his skin.

Gambar

VIP
It's not ideal at all. Specially if there's very little communication to explain to the child what they've done wrong.

My hoyo always been more reactive and emotional then my abo, but I'd get a talk from my abo after every dacaas assault from my hoyo, even if it was over something petty like not letting my brother play on the PlayStation.

Times are different, most our parents raised us in a foreign country, adapting to new cultural surroundings all the while raising children and trying to maintain as much cultural heritage they can. It's not an easy feat, and our parents have done an incredible job for the most part.

As for the new generation of Somalis that are having kids/will have kids, they're a lot more grounded in their current surroundings, more educated for the most part and have more connections and avenues to seek solutions then their parents have had. There's shouldn't be any reason to beat your child.

I'd still slap my kid upside the head if he fucking up to much though:ufdup:
Somali parents raised in Africa do not communicate with their kids. The child doesn’t even speak Somali and the parent doesn’t know English. Or their only communication is calling their child names. One good thing is they don’t do baby talk. I dont think talking to your baby in baby talk is effective. Talk to them in a normal manner. They’ll grasp language better and will know how to speak properly.

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
Children will abuse the situation, if parent's won't enforce some kind of consequence. You need to show your kids who's the real boss, a good smacking could teach them a thing or two.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
My father was more of the emotional heart to heart talker, and he would never touch us.
I think i have seen him once angry, and even then, it was a slap only

My mother is more of the on-sight disciplinarian person, yet it was rare to make her to get the belt. As time went, so did the belt and it became more

The PlayStation was a major source of problem in our house, and all or most fights are caused by it

Love to them, but I personally would use both methods as it was indeed a useful aspect.
Not crazy, but a slap or a soft beating, never full out crazy

If it becomes unbearable, a trip to Africa would cover it too.

Apollo

VIP
Thanks for being honest. This is why those people voted yes. They just can’t admit that it’s nothing to do with discipline

In all seriousness, I am not even sure if I will beat them. It was tongue-in-cheek. But yeah, lots of people simply do it because they were beaten.

Perhaps taking away their smartphones, video games, internet connection etc may be just as hurtful to Generation Alpha and later ones. :lolbron:

Basic

VIP
In all seriousness, I am not even sure if I will beat them. It was tongue-in-cheek. But yeah, lots of people simply do it because they were beaten.

Perhaps taking away their smartphones, video games, internet connection etc may be just as hurtful to Generation Alpha and later ones. :lolbron:
I’m going to say I’m going to beat my kids to any guy I get to know. If he agrees with me, he will get dropped :browtf:

Basic

VIP
That's too harsh. It is still a social standard among non-western groups. You would lose out on many potentials.
@Apollo I have very specific standards so a lot of faraxs are ruled out by default. But I have met people who fit it :pachah1:

Trending