Egypt & Somalia vs Ethiopia

The comments there are genuinely insane. Ethiopia is clearly in wrong in this conflict from almost all angles. How do they still have good pr?
Thanks to Pan africanists who worship Ethiopia. "Muh never colonized Christian kingdom" plus we're completely Muslim and many madows have a problem with that big time

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I dont want the egyptians to use us or our land as a proxy if they are going to fight ethiopia let them do it themselves and not on our land

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Is war about to break out? if it does who will back the Ethiopians. I don't trust these westerners, but now that our troops are well trained and the arms embargo is lifted how do you think we'd fare especially if we arm our brothers in the ogaden and promise other groups in Ethiopia independence. I'm not an expert on geopolitics but this won't turn out well for Ethiopia so why are they risking everything over some coastline?

Soon we will bring our lands bacj from xabishi.

They really love to claim each-others unproductive lands and try to mass genocide eachother over it. They have no shame. I am not really suprised they would try to extend this to Somalis.

Prior to the British and Italians giving them Ogaden. The Ethiopians had no control Western Somalia or governed it, they always attempted and failed miserably.
L7ED2Ph.png

''Sporadic tax raids were sent out often without success''
M3t3ew8.png

And even their control over Jijiga wasn't solid and the whole Ogaden during the late 1880s and early 1900s was governed by Darawish and other Shayukhs.
OkDzTnk.png

Notice they love to make up lies and claims when they are defeated and claim to posses territories they don't control. Even their Europeans allies were baffled by the delusional claims made by Ethiopians.

Ty5gBr5.jpeg

It's the same during the Middle Ages their kings would be utterly defeated and pursued deep into the highlands by the Emirs and they would write propaganda fiction pieces afterwards about reaching lands he never been to and claiming victory.

And during the middle ages Western and Northern Somalia was too remote and distant to the Ethiopian Highlanders terra incognita , i.e ''The Unknown Lowlands'' as they called it and they would paint fantasies in their head about it in their sources.
G1E5vQ4.png

You can also see why the Axumite claim is also completely ludicrous from this, despite the fact that Axumites were seperate from Amhara and Tigrayans , the former was pagan until the 13th century. We mostly came in direct political contact with eachother when Somalis expanded into Showa in the 13th century which acted as a border frontier between the Muslims lowlanders and the Christian highlanders.

They were a large population who struggled against a small group of Muslim garrisons fortified near the Showa and other Frontier territories which was areas that was annexed/expanded to by Awdal emirs who weren't originally from there and came from a center point in the east.

To sum it up it is accepted by most rational thinkers that Somalia has largely been self governed throughout most of it's history, except for the brief interlude in the past century,
QQo9LAS.png

And the name Al-Sumaliyah was utilized by Somali Shaykhs prior to colonization to refer to their homeland during the modern period so the country/land called Somalia was there ,and the modern state of Soomaliya was founded by Somali independence movements that sought reclaim it's territorial intergrity.

Whereas one could argue that Ethiopia was largely created by the British and acted as a puppet client state, The British basically controlled everything during Haile Sellassies reign, their economy, military equipment, their police force and natural resources, set up all institutions and while Haile Sellassie literally d out his country men to them.
There is also the fact that modern ethiopia has this huge and really succesful propganda of them being an imperial power and ancient civilization. I was watching the Hudson institute video that got realized yesterday where these analysts brought that exact point up. But it when funny you look at the past 1400+ years since aksum collapsed. That you can point to and say they really dominated the whole region . Especially in comparison to other empires.

Is war about to break out? if it does who will back the Ethiopians. I don't trust these westerners, but now that our troops are well trained and the arms embargo is lifted how do you think we'd fare especially if we arm our brothers in the ogaden and promise other groups in Ethiopia independence. I'm not an expert on geopolitics but this won't turn out well for Ethiopia so why are they risking everything over some coastline?

Ethiopia, the country with a trillion insurgencies would want zero confrontation with anyone.

Abiy has other things to keep check on like FANO, OLF etc

There is also the fact that modern ethiopia has this huge and really succesful propganda of them being an imperial power and ancient civilization. I was watching the Hudson institute video that got realized yesterday where these analysts brought that exact point up. But it when funny you look at the past 1400+ years since aksum collapsed. That you can point to and say they really dominated the whole region . Especially in comparison to other empires.

Whats even more funny about it, other nations/societies on earth study their past and reject periods in their history where they experience regression/setbacks etc, Europeans ''Dark Ages'', Arabs/Muslims ''Jahiliya''(Age of Ignorance) , China ''Century of Humiliation'' and Latin America/Japan ''The Lost Decade/s'' and try to progress passed it .

Ethiopia is one of only nations that looks at their backwardness and regression with rose coloured lenses, and continued on the same path for 1400 years, don't even contemplate on what went wrong, or how to fix it and make lies up. So it's not even propaganda that helps them.

In the next coming decades Ethiopia will shatter into pieces and then people are going to interrogate it , ask questions and all the myths they built up will lay bare.

Last edited:
Whats even more funny about it, other nations/societies on earth study their past and reject periods in their history where they experience regression/setbacks etc, Europeans ''Dark Ages'', Arabs/Muslims ''Jahiliya''(Age of Ignorance) , China ''Century of Humiliation'' and Latin America/Japan ''The Lost Decade/s'' and try to progress passed it .

Ethiopia is one of only nations that looks at their backwardness and regression with rose coloured lenses, and continued on the same path for 1400 years, don't even contemplate on what went wrong, or how to fix it and make lies up. So it's not even propaganda that helps them.

In the next coming decades Ethiopia will shatter into pieces and then people are going to interrogate it , ask questions and all the myths they built up will lay bare.
I've never seen any of these analysts mention how lopsided Ethiopia's development is ( in a country of 100+million there are only 3 cities with a million+ pouplation) or the fact that they have little control over large parts of the country.

No war is going to happen. Sisi is using Somalis to make his shacab think he’s confronting Ethiopia. As Trump said, if Egypt were a serious country they would have bombed the crap out of that damn.

No war is going to happen. Sisi is using Somalis to make his shacab think he’s confronting Ethiopia. As Trump said, if Egypt were a serious country they would have bombed the crap out of that damn.
Eygpt bombing the dam would have killed several hundreds of thousands instantly. It would be on the scale of the bombs america dropped. Nobody could withstand such political consequences

I've never seen any of these analysts mention how lopsided Ethiopia's development is ( in a country of 100+million there are only 3 cities with a million+ pouplation) or the fact that they have little control over large parts of the country.

They operates much like how they did since the medieval period. Although largely ignored by the public mainstream analysts , there is this one study i shared with you last that actually mentions it

Although it has had the potential for growth and development, with a plenty of natural resources and snug climatic conditions, the Ethiopian economy has remained underdeveloped for a long period of time. This underdevelopment of Ethiopian economy inevitably has a medieval antecedent.

And the cities like Addis unlike JigJiga are just a giant slums for the most part. They don't operate like actual cities . The ones that live in the non slum parts are actually miniscule in comparison.
In Ethiopia, a recent survey found 80 percent of the country's urban population live in slums,

There are other things i could mention, like how indifferent, cruel and enstranged Ethiopians are to eachother. This i have also noticed is rooted in historical culture.
A European Christian Patriarch with close ties to the Ethiopian Orthodox visited Ethiopia during the 1800s described how he and his group of men were left to fend for themselves enduring hunger and how ethiopians would let eachother starve to death and live in abject poverty, not even extend a helping hand to eachother or sharing food.

They legit paint the picture of callous psychopaths. Draws comparison to the kindness and empathy of Muslims/Arabs in comparison
mAs4Ig9.png

uP3N6oB.png

The important part about ignoring, justifiying famine and starvation:
LMfei3H.png

w7J8dg9.png

H3gQweO.png

This extends to the aittude of their own Kings and Presidents. They witness/let massive death starvation happen to their people and move about like nothing happened. And even conceal it.

Ethiopia's history of famine denial​

It asks the European Union - its biggest donor - not to be distracted by the "transient challenge" of emergency aid to Tigray, and to continue its generous development aid to the country.
However, there is a history of Ethiopian governments hiding their famines.
In 1973, Jonathan Dimbleby's film The Unknown Famine exposed mass starvation, hidden from the world by Emperor Haile Selassie. About 200,000 people died in the famine.
The emperor's callous indifference brought Ethiopians on to the streets to protest and he was overthrown the next year.
In 1984, Tigray and the next-door province of Wollo were the epicentre of another famine, this time caused by a combination of drought and war, that led to between 600,000 and one million deaths.
The Ethiopian government at the time denied the existence of that famine until it was exposed by a BBC film crew, led by Michael Buerk and Mohamed Amin. That news report moved pop star Bob Geldof to record Do They Know It's Christmas? and provoke a global outpouring of charity.
That famine discredited the military government of Colonel Mengistu Haile Mariam at home and abroad. Ethiopians hated being seen as beggars by the rest of the world.

The same with Abyi Ahmed today, he is completely indifferent to the fact his countrymen are mass starving, 4 million people are in risk of dying from hunger.
Malnutrition rates among children in parts of Ethiopia's Afar, Amhara and Oromia regions range between 15.9% and 47%, according to a presentation by the Ethiopia Nutrition Cluster and reviewed by the AP. Among displaced children in Tigray, the rate is 26.5%. The Ethiopia Nutrition Cluster is co-chaired by the U.N. Children's Fund and the federal government.

What i said in another thread some days ago:
But Ethiopian leadership continue to prove to be the regional chaos maker, they can never work peacefully with their neighbors in a mutually beneficial way , their state ideology being unchanged since the medieval period.

They move like they are lords of the world, while their country remains poor, backward and destitute riddle with dysfunction. It's like peaking into the minds of a grandiose narcissist.

This article sums it up: Accurate title as well.

Abiy Ahmed, OLF, TPLF: Dangerous Psychopaths and Group Narcissists Perpetuating War, Chaos, Misery and Poverty​

“Psychopaths view any social exchange as a ‘feeding opportunity,’ a contest or a test of wills in which there can be only one winner. Their motives are to manipulate and take, ruthlessly and without remorse.” – Robert D. Hare
The Prime Minister, Abiy Ahmed, the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF), and the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF), separately and together, are all very much responsible for the repeated civil wars, the widespread chaos and lawlessness, the desperate poverty and misery that have been plaguing the Ethiopian people – especially those living in the Amhara, Afar and Tigray regions. These three entities, Abiy Ahmed, OLF and TPLF, who all have very much the same outlooks and objectives, come together and regularly cooperate to vanquish those whom they regard as their common enemy or enemies; that is, in between battling each other with the objective of seizing power, among other things.

Last edited:
They operates much like how they did since the medieval period. Although largely ignored by the public mainstream analysts , there is this one study i shared with you last that actually mentions it

Although it has had the potential for growth and development, with a plenty of natural resources and snug climatic conditions, the Ethiopian economy has remained underdeveloped for a long period of time. This underdevelopment of Ethiopian economy inevitably has a medieval antecedent.

And the cities like Addis unlike JigJiga are just a giant slums for the most part. They don't operate like actual cities . The ones that live in the non slum parts are actually miniscule in comparison.

There are other things i could mention, like how indifferent, cruel and enstranged Ethiopians are to eachother. This i have also noticed is rooted in historical culture.
A European Christian Patriarch with close ties to the Ethiopian Orthodox visited Ethiopia during the 1800s described how he and his group of men were left to fend for themselves enduring hunger and how ethiopians would let eachother starve to death and live in abject poverty, not even extend a helping hand to eachother or sharing food.

They legit paint the picture of callous psychopaths. Draws comparison to the kindness and empathy of Muslims/Arabs in comparison
mAs4Ig9.png

uP3N6oB.png

LMfei3H.png

w7J8dg9.png

H3gQweO.png

This extends to the aittude of their own Kings and Presidents. They witness/let massive death starvation happen to their people and move about like nothing happened. And even conceal it.

The same with Abyi Ahmed today, he is completely indifferent to the fact his countrymen are mass starving, 4 million people are in risk of dying from hunger.

Cook those injirley

Cook those injirley

Ethiopia is kinda treated like Isreal by the the international community, despite the human rights abuses, genocide, famine denialism and mismanagement and poor performance, they continue to prop up their leadership and don't put any serious sanctions on them like they did with Somalia and Eritrea.
Not a single one of their leaders has been tried in the international courts. There has yet to be a single intervention or invasion of Ethiopia as well like they would justify doing if it was any other.

mAs4Ig9.png

uP3N6oB.png

LMfei3H.png

w7J8dg9.png

H3gQweO.png

This honestly makes me call into question their literary and education rates if their pouplation is 80% rural then the 50% literacy rate seems doubtful especially considering how after they implemented ethnic federalism each state could teach in their own language which inevitably means that amahric usage on some level would decline. But everything is written in mainly amahric ?

Ethiopia is kinda treated like Isreal by the the international community, despite the human rights abuses, genocide, famine denialism and mismanagement and poor performance, they continue to prop up their leadership and don't put any serious sanctions on them like they did with Somalia and Eritrea.
Not a single one of their leaders has been tried in the international courts. There has yet to be a single intervention or invasion of Ethiopia as well like they would justify doing if it was any other.
I think the best comparison to Ethiopia would be india. On paper all these analysts talk about these countries have large pouplation as anicnet cvilization they'll become regional and superpowers respectively. But when you investigate thier fundamentals you notice that it's mainly them manipulating a bunch of statsics and fudging the numbers. In both ethiopia and india foerign investment has directly failed to transform into industrialization. And these investors lose their money and but the hype still continues. One thing is for sure though somebody like abiy will not give up power and you look at the ethiopian reddit about people moving to addis abbba they talk about how much worse it's become post covid and post tplf war.

mAs4Ig9.png

uP3N6oB.png

LMfei3H.png

w7J8dg9.png

H3gQweO.png

So basically Ethiopians are sociopaths and psychopaths that don't care about anybody else except themselves.

Trending

Latest posts