Flag wall Mogadishu absolutely beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from colonialism a Somaliland has never existed. If you're going to mention the 5 day republic, I have nothing to say to you.
I obviously mean the people that lived in the boundaries of Somaliland (ie the north). There was no Somali empire or government that ruled both territories. There were always two centers of power, one is Zeila and the other in Mogadishu.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I obviously mean the people that lived in the boundaries of Somaliland (ie the north). There was no Somali empire or government that ruled both territories. There were always two centers of power, one is Zeila and the other in Mogadishu.

Look, to hell with both!! I don't care for them.

It's understandable how Somalians have such hatred for colonialism when the Italians took their women and built churches on their land.

Somalilanders had full autonomy over their lands since they were a protectorate and not a colony. They never allowed a foreigner to be born on their land.

There's really no trace of British colonialism in Somaliland while Somalia still has a cathedral in the center of Mogadishu in a supposedly 100% Muslim country.
Sorry what your mom told you was wrong. Somaliland joined with Somalia to form the Somali Republic. There was no country called Somalia during independence.
Are you sure? Can you explain this then? Apparently my mom was not telling lies. Even the ones from your ictifaar group agree to it but at the same time cursing the South like the pot calling the kettle black.
:siilaanyolaugh:
d8a4c0b4d30042f09607655441aeb000.png

Apollo

VIP
Somaliland does have a unique history from Somalia. There was never a shared history between the north and south.

You speak the same language. How come Afars don't speak Somali, they truly have no shared history with Somalis. You guys are just pretending you don't.

Are you sure? Can you explain this then? Apparently my mom was not telling lies. Even the ones from your ictifaar group agree to it but at the same time cursing the South like the pot calling the kettle black.
:siilaanyolaugh:
d8a4c0b4d30042f09607655441aeb000.png
You must really be an idiot. Let me make this easier for you.

Somaliland + Somalia = Somali Republic

162-7.jpg

You speak the same language. How come Afars don't speak Somali, they truly have no shared history with Somalis. You guys are just pretending you don't.
We're the same people but our histories are different. The north had their empires and sultanates and the south had their own. Somalis never had a history of being united pre-independence.

You must really be an idiot. Let me make this easier for you.

Somaliland + Somalia = Somali Republic

162-7.jpg
How does that explain British Somaliland not being a colony? If you was not a colony why would you guys say you got freedom before the South? Stop lying.

There are other sources that say it was a British colony. Anyone can write anything on Wikipedia. If you say it was a protectorate then the North East area was also a protectorate because the Italians were ruling from the South and we are part of wooqoyi.
It says no where that British Somaliland was a colony, Italian and French Somaliland were colonies.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
We're the same people but our histories are different. The north had their empires and sultanates and the south had their own. Somalis never had a history of being united pre-independence.
Neither did the Germans, nor the Italians, and well as countless other people. But they eventually realized that they were one people and managed to unify for the betterment of their people. There was more differences between nothern Italians, southern Italians and Sardinians than there is between north and south Somalia. Just because there was no history of unity doesn't mean there shouldn't be.

waraabe

Your superior
Neither did the Germans, nor the Italians, and well as countless other people. But they eventually realized that they were one people and managed to unify for the betterment of their people. There was more differences between nothern Italians, southern Italians and Sardinians than there is between north and south Somalia. Just because there was no history of unity doesn't mean there shouldn't be.

No one wants to unite with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending