How do you feel about cousin marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I don't think there is anything wrong with marrying someone from your tol, or sub sub sub sub clan. First cousins are a no no though.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I don't think there is anything wrong with marrying someone from your tol, or sub sub sub sub clan. First cousins are a no no though.

There is enough genetic diversity in sub sub sub clans since we are generally exogamous (marry from other clans generally).

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
There is enough genetic diversity in sub sub sub clans since we are generally exogamous (marry from other clans generally).
I'm kind of limited tbh, I think my great maternal grandmother is HJ but that's about as far as I go lol. :frdfvsb:

I may need to marry out my clan I guess. :damedamn:

Galaeri

I'm kind of limited tbh, I think my great maternal grandmother is HJ but that's about as far as I go lol. :frdfvsb:

I may need to marry out my clan I guess. :damedamn:

Serious? What about the dhulo sub clans of both your parents (maternal and paternal)? Are they they different or the same?

Galaeri

Cousin marriage aint that big a deal and cadaans exaggerate when they say you get disabled kids

It's only true when you do it for generations, doing it once shouldn't hurt since your ancestors didn't do it. They are kinda right about first cousin marriage, there is a significant risk of having disabled kids. With Second/Third cousins the risk is low, provided you have little inbreeding.

It is true though, they exaggerate far too much. They make it seem like you are guaranteed to have sick children.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
It's only true when you do it for generations, doing it once shouldn't hurt since your ancestors didn't do it. They are kinda right about first cousin marriage, there is a significant risk of having disabled kids. With Second/Third cousins the risk is low, provided you have little inbreeding.

It is true though, they exaggerate far too much. They make it seem like you are guaranteed to have sick children.
But gay marriage is perfectly fine

:kodaksmiley:

you don't know what messed up recessive genes are in your family. even if your family didn't marry one another for generations, the chances of some very old mutated gene being expressed is so much higher with another family member. imagine they carry the same recessive gene that can result in some deformed child. couple that with the fact that Somalis breed like rabbits, the probability of at least one of your children having problems is high.

there are more that 3.5 billion people of the opposite sex. why on earth would anyone consider their family as potential partners?

With 7 billion people in this world I don't understand why would anyone consider their cousin for marriage. I see my cousins as my brothers even the ones that I have never met. I am also glad that my family didn't practice cousin marriages, my great great grandmothers all came from different clans.

The thought of my female cousins seeing me in any sort of lecherous or non fraternal manner honestly disgusts me. :damedamn:

Twice removed are open game tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts