Interview with Ethiopian Muslim historian about Abyssinia and Muslim Habesha

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
This came up on my recommended :lolbron: google AdSense is scary i was just reading futah 2 days ago

He is making the same mistake that Arab historians do in regarding Horn of Africa, calling everyone there Habesha
Is there english subtitles? I see so many arabic videos that would be interesting to watch but they have no subtitles.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
Cuz they were "Muslim" sultanates that represented Ethiopian Muslims too and also part of Ethiopia's history
Ethiopia is a Christian kingdom the exact same state as Dawit or Twedros.

The people in Adal, Awfat, Harar sultanate and Auusa never called themselves ethiopians and considered the flag 🇪🇹 to be the symbol of Kuffar and enemies of Islam.
You cannot sit there and associate ethiopia with Muslim states with a straight face

Ethiopia is a Christian kingdom the exact same state as Dawit or Twedros.

The people in Adal, Awfat, Harar sultanate and Auusa never called themselves ethiopians and considered the flag 🇪🇹 to be the symbol of Kuffar and enemies of Islam.
You cannot sit there and associate ethiopia with Muslim states with a straight face
Are you stupid or what? those sultanates ruled lands that are now in Ethiopia and represented the Muslims living there so it makes it par of Ethiopia's history

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Those Muslim sultanates ruled parts of the highland
So? Muslim Sultanates ruled Ethiopia but that doesn’t mean they considered themselves Ethiopian or “Habeshi”. Many kingdoms ruled lands outside of their nation but that doesn’t mean they associated them with themselves if that makes sense.

So? Muslim Sultanates ruled Ethiopia but that doesn’t mean they considered themselves Ethiopian or “Habeshi”. Many kingdoms ruled lands outside of their nation but that doesn’t mean they associated them with themselves if that makes sense.
The historian didn't say that he just used the old term Abyssinia referring to old territories of Ethiopia highlands

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Is there english subtitles? I see so many arabic videos that would be interesting to watch but they have no subtitles.
Go to settings-subtitles- click arabic autogenerated- click subtitles again- click autotranslate

The translation is fairly good.

That’s like saying calling the Romanian empire a Serbian Empire just cuz it ruled over a few modern day Serbians
A more apt example would be calling the historical ancient region of Ionia in western Anatolia Turkish just because its apart of Turkey now. Turkey is home to a lot of ancient civilizations but Turks themselves only arrived in the middle ages.

Trending